Pre-order for Next Shipment of Factory Folding Vepr-12's

Yes they are fixed in the open position for importation purposes

We understand that.

We want to see the other side of the gun so we can get a look at the weld.

Does it come with the latch mechanism installed in the receiver?

Yes they are fixed in the open position for importation purposes

We understand that.

We want to see the other side of the gun so we can get a look at the weld.

Does it come with the latch mechanism installed in the receiver?

I second this request.

Thanks for a heads up. I placed a pre-order for two of them.

However, I too would really like to know how easily these can be converted back to correct folders and if the complete folding mechanism is still present. I really want both of mine converted back to proper folders (after the necessary number of parts have been replaced with US parts of course).

They are not tack welded, at least the one I saw. They can be converted (with the right 922r parts) and do have the folding mech. in them. It would be best if someone used a mill or something like that instead of a dremel, you could use a dremel but it would take much longer. From what I understand the exports from Russia (guns anyway) have many more restrictions than say Romania due to various agreements with the U.S. and their exports of firearms. Molot basically doesn't want any issues with exporting so a simple tack weld is not what they do.

• Like 1

So, we need someone with a good milling machine to offer a service to put these guns back in factory folder condition (once the correct US parts have been replaced of course) once we start getting them. Who could do that and make them look great?

I am out of town at work this week but I have Vepr 12 folding stock and a complete UN-welded trunnion set with the locking peice if the factory stocks are welded open the question you need to be asking is the locking peice included, is the recevier cut on the left side for the lock because the trunion and stock could be welded together without the locking peice included and grinding the welds will do you no good. Unlike the AK-100 folder the peice that locks the stock closed is the same peice that locks it open. I will include detailed pics when I get home. ALSO I will be having the new trunnion installed in a few months but before I do I would be willing to send it to a Saiga-12 business member to blueprint if they would be intersted in making US made copys of the folding mec. it is the best folding design I have ever seen and is rock solid. Contact me if someone is intersted.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...