Arsenal SGL21 trade?

I have an Legion Arsenal SGL21(10rds down the tube) I was thinking of trading for an AR15, so I can have something a little different. I'm an AK guy by heart and will probably always be that way. I currently have a converted IZ332 and the Aresenal, so just kinda got bored and posted the SGL for sale or trade locally since I figure the trade value might be a little more than the IZ. What's the value of the Arsenal right now as compared to AR's.

post-38328-0-27266800-1367191387_thumb.jpg

Are they new/old stock? I was reading that Arsenal no longer imports the SGL's and a group called FIME has the exclusive to them now. Same gun and same quality I think, but not actual Arsenal Inc. build.

Stan the IZ332 is 7.62, but I'm not really wanting to get rid of it. It's my first conversion, and my favorite gun. Thanks for the offer.

so what's up with the ships wheel on the optic?

It's just a removable oversize wheel for the focus.

Damn. I wish I would have got one a long time ago when they were abundant. I think those are the sweetest Saiga rifles you can get.

I've had the IZ332 for about 3 years I think. My only gripe is that it doesn't have the dimpled receiver, but I've not had any problems with loose mags. It's had well over 1000rds thru it without any hiccups whatsoever. It's my favorite. It's imported by Legion USA.

post-38328-0-64533800-1367211019_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigkane

I'd keep the Arsenal. The pics I've seen of the FIME rifles look to be a standard Saiga, and have a standard finish. Since they are not Legion marked, its hard to say if they even touch these. I'd say the Arsenal Will hold its value better.

• Like 2

The finish on the fime sgl i got is leaps and bounds better than my old x39, only complaint with the finish is that their name is micro dotted and not stamped. No weld marks evident inside or out, i think they bring em in exactly as arsenal did.

• Like 2

I'd keep the arsenal too. Harder to find than the 332 and the FIME group version.

It would be easier to replace the 332 and do another conversion than trying to replace the arsenal, if you regretted it later or decide to get another.

• Like 1
I'd keep the Arsenal. The pics I've seen of the FIME rifles look to be a standard Saiga, and have a standard finish. Since they are not Legion marked, its hard to say if they even touch these. I'd say the Arsenal Will hold its value better.

Although I do like the 332, I am going to have to agree with Captain Hero.

Edited by StantheMan
  • Like 1

If i were you, I would at least buy an AR stripped lower now. They are a tad pricey ay the moment, but you can find em in the 150 range. If you have a stripped lower, you own an AR for all practical purposes. Getting the rest of the parts is fairly easy and building out a lower is not difficult at all.

But yeah, keep what u got.

• Like 1