I live in rural Nebraska, and there are SO many small towns here that don't have cops, haven't had cops and don't need cops. They have been getting along for YEARS and YEARS without cops. I'm not anti cop, but it always amazes me to read the shit that happens across the US. What the hell is wrong with people? Why don't they take the time to get to know their neighbors and enjoy each others company and watch out for one another? It ain't rocket science. What's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine, so to speak. I would almost bet that 90% of all the small communities don't have cops here. It's just to big and wide spread out. Anyone else notice this or would care to share?

I believe that for the vast majority of people Police help keep honest people honest. If you and those around you are honest enough that you don't even need the display of force to do that, then I envy you!

I believe that for the vast majority of people Police help keep honest people honest. If you and those around you are honest enough that you don't even need the display of force to do that, then I envy you!

Most people around here don't even lock the doors on their house when they are gone. That really freaked me out when I moved back from Houston. Shoot, it took me about two years to realize that I didn't need to carry my gun with me everywhere. People leave their keys in their vehicles. Life is SO much simpler this way. Far less stress. Yeah stuff happens once in awhile. Not very often. We do have a couple of cops in the town that I live in. Most towns around the area don't. They don't hardly ever have any problems. Once every 5 or 10 years. That is no exaggeration. Most police reports are accidents or loose animals, speeding or dwi/drugs. In that order, lol.

Edited by coronet

When you start getting big citys you start getting a growing population of welfare recipients. ALL of the big citys have housing projects where generations of welfare recipients are born and bred. They have no real purpose in life except to consume the abundance created by the hard working middle class. I grew up in a poor neighborhood near the projects and knew people who lived there. The young men are taught to to lie and steal and their highest aspiration life is to get on social security disability. The girls are taught that they have a gold mine between their legs, each baby they pop out is worth $$$ from the government, a free apartment, food stamps, WIC, medicaid, etc etc. I have heard adults tell kids there if you want anything in life YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT no one is ever going to give you a break. So they join gangs and steal, rob, rape, murder, and sell drugs they truly believe it is their right because they were taught this from an early age. Now there are so many of them those of us that work for a living can no longer support them all. soon they will outnumber us and when that happens all hell will break loose!

• Like 4
When you start getting big citys you start getting a growing population of welfare recipients. ALL of the big citys have housing projects where generations of welfare recipients are born and bred. They have no real purpose in life except to consume the abundance created by the hard working middle class. I grew up in a poor neighborhood near the projects and knew people who lived there. The young men are taught to to lie and steal and their highest aspiration life is to get on social security disability. The girls are taught that they have a gold mine between their legs, each baby they pop out is worth $$$ from the government, a free apartment, food stamps, WIC, medicaid, etc etc. I have heard adults tell kids there if you want anything in life YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT no one is ever going to give you a break. So they join gangs and steal, rob, rape, murder, and sell drugs they truly believe it is their right because they were taught this from an early age. Now there are so many of them those of us that work for a living can no longer support them all. soon they will outnumber us and when that happens all hell will break loose!

So cops are not needed in the big city's?

Even Mayberry had a sheriff.

He could sing to!

So cops are not needed in the big city's?

That's not what I took from it.

I visited a friend in a small town in Montana. My friend told me they had cops, but I didn't see one in the 4 days I was there. I never felt uncomfortable there and everyone was just plain nice to each other.

I'm gonna open a box here that most (even myself) are afraid to. Here goes... I live in an almost exclusively white town. Crime is pretty low and I never feel threatened here. With the exception of my drunken gun toting neighbor who BTW is as white as they get. We don't like each other and he has been known to go off on tangents, drunkenly fire off guns out the back door and makes me very nervous.

Anyhow... Go east to Greeley which has a largely hispanic population and you have problems with gangs and such. I grew up in a halfway decent part of San Diego. But, I quite honestly wished to hell I could have had a CCW there. You can surely tell when you are in a largely black or hispanic neighborhood and the feeling is one of lets get the fuck outta here.

I do not consider myself a racist as half of my family is hispanic by marraige. They are good people. There are good and bad in every race. But! I will say at the same time that when you watch shows like Locked Up the prisons are full of blacks for the most part, then hispanics, then whites as far as I've seen it. I again, don't feel like a racist, but am very realistic about what I see and calls em as I see's em. My children have for the most part have grown up in this current environment and I truly don't think they would last long going to the schools I went to in San Diego as there were many ethnic problems there and I grew up pretty much street wise and they have not had to grow up this way.

I hope I haven't offended anyone here as I like you guys. But this is truly a huge part of the problem and I look at things realistically. But people don't always like the truth.

I live in rural Nebraska, and there are SO many small towns here that don't have cops, haven't had cops and don't need cops. They have been getting along for YEARS and YEARS without cops. I'm not anti cop, but it always amazes me to read the shit that happens across the US. What the hell is wrong with people? Why don't they take the time to get to know their neighbors and enjoy each others company and watch out for one another? It ain't rocket science. What's mine is yours, and what's yours is mine, so to speak. I would almost bet that 90% of all the small communities don't have cops here. It's just to big and wide spread out. Anyone else notice this or would care to share?

Come on down to Omaha and you'll understand, If the cops didn't show a presence here the gangs would overrun this city.

This is one time I don't mind a little police brutalitylaugh.png All of the officers you see in this video were fired last week.

Until we can legally shoot these motherfuckers ourselves we need abusive cops to keep these hood rats in check.

Now if your living out in the corn and beans, well then NO, you don't need their presence.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

I judge cops like I do anyone else. If I don't know you then you are suspect until I do. You don't get a free pass just because you wear a badge. If I would ever "need" a cop I would expect him to be there whether I like him or not, because that's what he gets paid for. And he's not required to like me either. Cops are needed in big cities largely because the people there have been acclimated to "need" them more than those in rural areas. As with many other things, protection is something they want done FOR them. It may be unfair and inaccurate but my unconscious mind views big cities as the bird's nest where all the weak little birdies go to be next to momma bird because they can't totally fend for themselves and they get protection in numbers.

• Like 1

I always wondered about that..I always thought sheriffs were a county level...but you never saw Andy tending to issues outside Mayberry proper....Every once in a while he would have to head out of town to deal with Earnst T but that was it....

Come on down to Omaha and you'll understand, If the cops didn't show a presence here the gangs would overrun this city.

This is one time I don't mind a little police brutalitylaugh.png All of the officers you see in this video were fired last week.

Until we can legally shoot these motherfuckers ourselves we need abusive cops to keep these hood rats in check.

Now if your living out in the corn and beans, well then NO, you don't need their presence.

I concur. I didn't see what the first guy did, but I'll take an educated guess that he didn't have an illegal lemonade stand. The second guy should have shut his fucking mouf and he would have walked. But like typical ghetto scum, once he carried it too far, he made the cops chase him. Bad move. If I were a cop and had to chase your ass down. You'd go down as hard as I could put you down. And I truly don't give a fuck if your teeth are embedded in the concrete. I don't run from the law. So unless I meet up with a real fucking dickhead, I don't fear losing my teeth to the concrete. YET, haha...

Cops are like white blood cells. I areas where there is much infection they are needed in greater numbers.

Yup! Grew up in a big city. There is a love hate relationship with LEO. I surely would not have felt one bit comfortable without a strong LEO presence in SD. Hell, I wouldn't even feel comfortable here without them. Greeley scum like to roll through once in a while. They stick out like a sore thumb here which is why I think they stay away for the most part. Also, this town has made the LGS rich and has emptied that place several times over the last few months. This is a very well armed town and I don't think the hood rats would be able to inflict much damage here without severely risking their lives.

I always wondered about that..I always thought sheriffs were a county level...but you never saw Andy tending to issues outside Mayberry proper....Every once in a while he would have to head out of town to deal with Earnst T but that was it....

That's cuz there was nobody breaking the law and Andy could just chill in Mayberry unarmed.

Fast forward to the same town in current times. Andy would be dressed all tactical. He'd have wanted posters of ghetto trash all over the walls. They'd show him busting meth labs and profiling gang colors. The cells would all be full of trash screaming about how they din do nuffin. And… Barney would have thirty round mags. In his pocket of coursehaha.gif

• Like 1

Shoot, it took me about two years to realize that I didn't need to carry my gun with me everywhere.

NEED has nothing to do with it. Not trying to rattle your cage, but sometimes when you suspect it the least is when you should be the most vigilant.

• Like 1

heres the whole story on that video....

The little punk that kept running his mouth and then hightailed and ran like a sissy into his house, well guess who was right there in the doorway.....

his crippled mom in a wheelchair, so this punk hides down behind is momma and the cops come in there and flip this lady head over heels right out of her wheelchair

to get to this punk, well the shit hit the fan then. Now we got every handicap organization in the city breathing down OPD's neck for brutality. So the police chief fired

about 6 or 7 of the officers involved in they whole deal a week later. and I mean fired, no time off with pay bullshit, they got their walking papers. The chief had no choice,

after all he is the 3rd police chief in the last 2 years here.laugh.png

Shoot, it took me about two years to realize that I didn't need to carry my gun with me everywhere.

NEED has nothing to do with it. Not trying to rattle your cage, but sometimes when you suspect it the least is when you should be the most vigilant.

Yup! When I first got my CCW it was kind of a PITA. Just another thing to have to do in the morning. Clothing changed in a way. Keeping up on shooting = money. Now I can't imagine being without it and feel nekkid when I do choose to respect some places that are not gun friendly. That rarely happens though.

• Like 1

Lots of great cops and a few terrible pigs that make the rest look bad. Populated areas need them to protect commerce. They generate funds and protect business. Peace officers do exactly what the name says. Not all cops are peace officers. Check out your state constitution to find out what kind you have.

3-7-77

• Like 1
Nobody likes a cop until they need a cop. Then they bitch because they didn't get there fast enough...

I have the same thoughts about lawyers.

and you don't get a big bill from the cop for his legal services that might have even saved your life, the lawyer gets $450.00 an hour just to look at your problem even if they don't take any action.

Lots of great cops and a few terrible pigs that make the rest look bad. Populated areas need them to protect commerce. They generate funds and protect business. Peace officers do exactly what the name says. Not all cops are peace officers. Check out your state constitution to find out what kind you have.

3-7-77

I think you have it right, not all cops are peace officers.

• Like 1

We need law enforcement, and we do need more in cities than in rural areas. Concentrations of people = higher crime rates. Many people live in cities because they want conveniences in life that they do not get in rural areas. Not for me, but to each their own. Along with convenience comes more poverty in higher concentrations. Poverty meets convenience and more crime results. So we do need more police in the city to deal with it.

In my area we rarely see any. Which, is how we like it. Occasionally a county officer will pass through and usually waive as they go by. We rarely if ever have them responding to anything other than traffic control for an accident. It's good for people to occasionally see them as a reminder that they are out there some where. We all know that it's likely to take more time to get to us if we need them, but that's just how it is in rural areas. That's why more rural folk are strong 2A supporters. We know we have to take care of ourselves until the cavalry arrives.

VIRGINIA BEACH

Violence broke out across several blocks near the Oceanfront late Saturday and early Sunday, leaving several people injured and many more concerned after an event drew thousands of young adults.

Police reported three shootings, three incidents in which a person was cut and three robberies. All happened over 4 hours between 17th Street and 33rd Street near the Oceanfront.

Here is the link to the full news article, fuken discusting.....but not the first time, http://hamptonroads.com/2013/04/concern-virginia-beach-after-oceanfront-violence.

Copy this into a goggle search and see what washes out, Virginia Beach Riot.

Edited by AA re-cvrd