My wife is going to join the local chapter. Since she is just now joining, I have no input, but am thinking it will be a great thing. While she likes shooting and has her CCW, she doesn't always want to go with me and the boys. So I see this as a great way to get her to keep her skills up (she outshoots all of us already) and a great way to get together with likeminded women and have a good time as well. Win win if you ask me. There seems to be chapters all over the place so check it out for the most important person in your life.

http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/

just make sure your on good terms with your wife, very good terms.

I know their are a few of my ex-girlfriends I wouldn't want nowhere near a firearmunsure.png or even a kitchen knife for that matter.

Haha... She pretty regularly ourshoots myself and my sons. She's a pretty passive person. I guess being around a bunch of wimmins with guns could change her though <shrug>

Edited by Big John!

Some women look at firearms different than men do. When the wife and I go to the public range She likes it but she is doing it to keep her skills up and when it is done it is done. She looks at it as an enjoyable task nothing more. Shoots better than I do also.

Some women look at firearms different than men do. When the wife and I go to the public range She likes it but she is doing it to keep her skills up and when it is done it is done. She looks at it as an enjoyable task nothing more. Shoots better than I do also.

Most women do shoot better than men. They have those built in arms rests to help!big_smile.gif

I'm happy to see my wife involved in something like this. As I stated before... If it comes to a firefight with her I'm a dead man. I love seeing all the new women arming themselves. The way they shoot, I will happily support them as I want them on my side.

Big John!,

I have taught a Lot of women to shoot and quite a number the full manual of arms , They pick it up fast and well ! with a pistol they beat me hands down ,shotguns not so well but Lethal every one of them ,rifle none can beat me but i have been equaled a few times out to 500 Yd .

I heartily agree with you I want them on my side !!!!!!! And trust them to watch my back !!!!

It's been said that while we are all of course bad asses. Women have a maternal protection instinct that pretty much can't be beat.

I agreehorror.gif

That said... I posted this so that you guys would get your wimmins into this. Get your girls shooting dammit!

Big John...your drop dead gorgous young lady in your moving picture post thingie already has a couple of .44's. Does she require more? I love looking at all of your posts, by the way. Ah..youth! Hee hee.

Women do better at lots of things than men. They don't have that testeserone, (sp) problem. My mom at age 17, (lied about her age) was going to solo ferry B17 and B24 bombers from Canada to England.

We had a very few larger, (but skinny and fit) women firefighers who could more than hold there own against all the guys. It happens. Can you imagine having all lady SEAL and SPECIAL FORCES teams?

Heaven help anybody who they came in contact with. The female is the more deadier gender of our species. Perhaps a few would also make better national leaders. They think differently/better. HB of CJ

My wifes first shoot with them is at the end of the month. I asked the guy I deal with at the outdoor range if it looked like they were doing something good. He said he'd gone down and watched them for a while and it seemed like they were doing ok. Whatever that means.

We are members at the range, so it's free for my wife to go. Always a plus.

I prefer my womens barefoot and in the kitchen.laugh.png

I just read this and my wife is barefoot and in the kitchen. 021.gif

Most women do shoot better than men. They have those built in arms rests to help!big_smile.gif

Funny I just mentioned that to my wife and she did the whole movement and went thats right, it is easy to hold up. They rest right on top.

Edited by montec
I prefer my womens barefoot and in the kitchen.laugh.png

I just read this and my wife is barefoot and in the kitchen. 021.gif

Funny I just mentioned that to my wife and she did the whole movement and went thats right, it is easy to hold up. They rest right on top.

Pics or it didn't happen...