IZ-433 Magwell question

All after market s12 mags need fitment. Even the factory mags needed some fitment...

Even the MD / Promag drums need fitment in the rock n lock saigas... even most saiga rifles and WASR rifles need fitment some times..

It's not a problem.. it's a matter of taking a file to the bottom part of the rear locking lug tab and slowly removing material until it clicks in. It's a 5 minute job. Likewise, the gas port mod on the older s12's is a 15 minute job, but some people think it's some sort of nearly impossible undertaking haha.gif

This fix has been a sticky on AK forums since the internet existed and yet questions still persists bc noobs. lol

Edited by S12KS-K

Second I purchased a VEPR-12 magazine and again it would not seat all the way. I repeatedly slapped the crap out of them but was worried the magwell would break.

1. Take a small amount of material off the BOTTOM of the lug and keep checking until it DOES click in..

2. The magwell is polymer injection around a steel frame.. look closely, you will see the spots where there is clearly a steel skeleton.. The magwell is built like an AK-74 mag... you're not going to break it. Period.

if you read or have read my post, " legion usa saiga" i explained how i got the SGM mags to work in my

legion 433a. it only took about 15mins. of heating up the bho, tweaking, trying a mag out and then repeating

the procedure again. i have done this to 4 sgm mags for the magwell version which their web site states," will not

work in legion 433a version". if you want a mag to fit right out of the box, your stuck with spending $100+ on izzy originals.

I see myself making tweaks also. Having a drum for a IZ-433 would be awesome but I never see that happening.

Going to shoot mine for the first time on Sunday. I can't wait...

• 2 years later...

Necropost: Its looking like I may be getting a Vepr12 magwell for my IZ-433 due to a bit of miscommunication. Just want to know if Vepr12s have backwards compatibility and can take 433 mags. I know the answer to the opposite but not if the new weapon takes its predecessor's mags.

Yeah, Alex got back to me after this to tell me it will now take 030 and V12 mags. Funny thing is that he took the magwell and fitting off my invoice so now I'm waiting for them to let me give them more money! X3

it'll sure save me a lot of bother to just be able to shove standard V12 mags in there, really the only regret I had about getting a 433 over a V12 all this time.

I'm totally confused reading all of this, Stop chasing your tail.

The Magwell on the 433 & V12 are the same.

V12 will work with 433 mags & V12 mags.

433 will NOT work with V12 mags. Because the mag catch is longer in the V12 as pointed out by HPD (above)

I put a magwell on my early S12, Then converted SGM & AGP mags to work, even made a drum.

No need to buy expensive Russian mags.

Simple.

Edited by Grima

The magwells on V12s and Saiga IZ-433 are slightly different, with the Saiga IZ-433 being a bit tighter lengthwise. I have fitted Vepr mags to IZ-433s without issue. The Saiga factory mag has a slightly shorter lug so it will usually lock up in a Vepr 12 without issue. However because the Vepr lug is slightly longer, the Vepr mag won't lock up in an IZ-433 without adjustment to the lug.

Either way, my personal experience is that the Saiga version 30 factory mags run better (more reliably) in both the IZ-433, and in the Vepr 12. Saiga IZ-433 or Vepr 8 round mags both tend to be more reliable that the factory Vepr 12 10 round magazines. The CSS Specs 8 round steel magazine is also excellent.

Mike

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The magwells on V12s and Saiga IZ-433 are slightly different, with the Saiga IZ-433 being a bit tighter lengthwise. I have fitted Vepr mags to IZ-433s without issue. The Saiga factory mag has a slightly shorter lug so it will usually lock up in a Vepr 12 without issue. However because the Vepr lug is slightly longer, the Vepr mag won't lock up in an IZ-433 without adjustment to the lug.

Either way, my personal experience is that the Saiga version 30 factory mags run better (more reliably) in both the IZ-433, and in the Vepr 12. Saiga IZ-433 or Vepr 8 round mags both tend to be more reliable that the factory Vepr 12 10 round magazines. The CSS Specs 8 round steel magazine is also excellent.

Mike

Ditto on this. I plan to use the new SGM VEPR-12 25-round drum in my Saiga with a comparable conversion (if they ever come out, that is). Edited by MR_22
  • Like 1