I have 7.62 AR mags, 7.62x51 biggrin.png Their called AR-10s, the original AR :P

I'm all about it, no reason to worry about them, they make proper stuff out of proper polymers.

Edited by Syndicate
I'm all about it, no reason to worry about them, they make proper stuff out of proper polymers.

Yea but an AK is not an AR magwell gun that fully supports the magazine. Metal reinforcement is a must IMO of course, which is worth what was paid for it.

I bet they will be nice mags no doubt, probably much better than the other 100% polymer mags available. But not for me, i'll stick to surplus.

If you want a 7.62 ar the only choice is .300 blackout. It's actually flater shooting and factory subs are made.

Nice try with the Blackout but it isn't' going to shoot flatter than 7.62 NATO. Even with no metal reinforcement, Magpul will stand behind their products.

• Like 2
Even with no metal reinforcement, Magpul will stand behind their products.

Exactly. Magpul knows what they are doing, and I trust they have put in R&D time, it's not like they just got a vacuform for the hell of it and started banging out any old product and just said EHHHH it'll do...

I'm not and haven't compared an AK and AR and said it would work because of that. How long have they been around? How long have AKs been around, if they wanted to simply rush a product and make money it would have been out years ago. They stand behind their products like Surefire does, without question usually.

Also I question why you would essentially state I'll buy some even though I know they will be crap ne'er-do-well mentality, I know it's support for magpul, but why bother? Seriously?

Makes 0 sense, knock something before it's even to market and then buy them anyway?

Yes I'm an asshole, how about you skip buying them so people that will give the item a chance or use them can get them?

If you want a 7.62 ar the only choice is .300 blackout. It's actually flater shooting and factory subs are made.

They do make 7.62x39 AR uppers, for some time now. The .300 was an evolution of the 5.56 to to punch it up without a huge inventory make over.

Their website says they'll be making one with steel reinforcements. I look forward to both.

"Due to the interface of rifle and magazine in the Kalashnikov platforms, and the leverage that critical points must withstand, we knew we couldn’t leave well-enough alone with the AK MOE before we even started designing. Also currently in development, and arriving on the heels of the AK MOE, is the next release in the PMAG AK lineup, which will be a 7.62x39 magazine with a little more “Bulgarian” in it, featuring solid steel reinforcements at lockup points. MSRP TBA"

• Like 4

I agree that Magpul will not put an inferior product in the market. Their non metal AK mags will probably be just as durable as some metal ones out there. What they need to do is run their mags hard and do drop tests to demonstrate their reliability and strength and post it on their webpages.

Also I question why you would essentially state I'll buy some even though I know they will be crap ne'er-do-well mentality, I know it's support for magpul, but why bother? Seriously?

Makes 0 sense, knock something before it's even to market and then buy them anyway?

Yes I'm an asshole, how about you skip buying them so people that will give the item a chance or use them can get them?

Who are you talking to?

Who said they would be crap?

And why are you getting all butt hurt over some ones opinion?

Since you're an asshole, you should wipe the shit from your eyes and learn to read a little better.

I agree that Magpul will not put an inferior product in the market. Their non metal AK mags will probably be just as durable as some metal ones out there. What they need to do is run their mags hard and do drop tests to demonstrate their reliability and strength and post it on their webpages.

No metal reinforcement in AK mags, equals breakage (Youtube; 'Arsenal mag drop test'). The leverage points of an AK, because it is a non magwell firearm, are very stressful on magazines. Plastic locking lugs (I don't care what kind of plastic it is) and a full heavy mag of 7.62x39 is asking to be broken when its dropped. The Russians and Bulgarians didn't put metal reinforcement in their magazines because it was cost effective. wink.png

It's not about an inferior product, it's just the way it is.

Edited by Mullet Man

Butthurt I am not, could give a shit less, you never stated you would buy any did you? No, obviously not talking to you, so ya stop being butthurt yourself chief.

The general consensus expressed and implied in not so many words, notice how I didn't quote anyone?

There are plenty of 7.62x39 AR15s... well, normally there are plenty. Point being they do exist and have for quite awhile. There's no real advantage to supersonic .300 blk loads compared to 7.62x39. .300 blk is nice because you only need to changed barrels; same bolt and mags from a 5.56 work for them.

7.62x39 AR15's run into problems with magazines feeding properly due to the curvature of the cartridge when stacked and the AR15's straight magazine well. 10 round mags work fine, and some 30 round mags with that funky hard-on curve work pretty well. For whatever reason no one makes a 20 round magazines in the size of a STANAG 30... Some folks have used 6.5 and 6.8 AR mags by swapping springs, followers, and bodies until they find a combination that works alright.

Things would be made simpler if Magpul (or anyone) would make a 20 round polymer mag from the ground up.....

• Like 1

There are plenty of 7.62x39 AR15s... well, normally there are plenty. Point being they do exist and have for quite awhile. There's no real advantage to supersonic .300 blk loads compared to 7.62x39. .300 blk is nice because you only need to changed barrels; same bolt and mags from a 5.56 work for them.

7.62x39 AR15's run into problems with magazines feeding properly due to the curvature of the cartridge when stacked and the AR15's straight magazine well. 10 round mags work fine, and some 30 round mags with that funky hard-on curve work pretty well. For whatever reason no one makes a 20 round magazines in the size of a STANAG 30... Some folks have used 6.5 and 6.8 AR mags by swapping springs, followers, and bodies until they find a combination that works alright.

Things would be made simpler if Magpul (or anyone) would make a 20 round polymer mag from the ground up.....

You say there is no real advantage, then in the next paragraph state one of the big advantages: it feeds properly in an AR, and even uses the same mags. The other ones are a slight ballistic advantage, and less cartridge weight, and ability to reload using more commonly available components a variety of projectile choices including a broader range of weight, with cast loads costing for 4-8 cents a round.

• Like 1