slings for the MKA

Okay now that I have this awesome shotgun, I am now looking for the best Tac-sling. I currently am using a Eagle 3-point.

I would go with a single point but I am not sure if this will put undue stress on the tele-stock. I even thought of mounting a QD point on the back end of the rail, and move my optic slightly forward, until I change to a different faster optic.

Stuck between high speed and low drag.

Deavis slings, look them up, can't post the site, but ya

He makes an ALL METAL version of the viking slip style sling it's awesome. It's a one man operation, makes great products.

here's a video of the viking http://www.vikingtactics.com/videos/pop-instr_video1_sling.html

I have a 3 point that I like, and until I took it off because it didn't fit with how stock adapters are a single point bungie that was nice.

Single points are not all they are cracked up to be in my option. I would check out the vicking vickers sling. They do make an all metal version. Also they make one with a clip that allows a two point to be turned into a single point that's pretty cool. See if you can look up the the TACTV episode where they talk about the slings.

I would go with the Deavis, can order smash hooks, ak/hk style hooks etc, any way you want it, better quality nylon etc.

I had the bungie set up pretty nice, it was for walking in hunting and worked really well for me with my day bag and other kit. It wasn't for functional shooting, it was for convenience.

If you use a single point and attach it to the weapon in a balanced fashion with it close to the center of gravity it is pretty nice, but not my first pref for functional purposes while shooting.

The thing I noticed with a single point are all the things pointed out in that TACTV "infomicral" how it bounchs around and isn't stable if you drop it and go to a pistol. I guess I'm thinking tactical. If it's not for "tactical" use why would you go any other way than a regular two point though.

The thing I noticed with a single point are all the things pointed out in that TACTV "infomicral" how it bounchs around and isn't stable if you drop it and go to a pistol. I guess I'm thinking tactical. If it's not for "tactical" use why would you go any other way than a regular two point though.

I didn't like how the two point mounted, I like my AFG as far forward as possible, I've got long monkey arms, the single point was a compromise, I have the gun slung around my back and an angle and clipped into my bag, doesn't swing.

Granted I'm a strange mofo for using an MKA set up like this for hunting. just thought I would try it. I am going to work on a way to have my handhold cake and eat my sling too? lol

I have a pile of slings around for other objects of American and German engineering. V-tac, Tactical Tailor, BDS, Specter Gear.

I agree the size & mass of the MKA don't work well with single points. If you have to work from a knee, or use your hands it's difficult to keep in a good position. The MKA is 36" long, so even it is dead even with your shoulder the barrel is going to slapping you in the knees and you don't want to know about the pistol grip.

I spoke with Brian Wise (LE/Military Sales Rep) today from Spec-Ops and he gave me an excellent suggestion; the 2 to 1 Point Patrol Sling which is on sale right now for $50 (normally $90).

http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-gear/ar15-rifle-shotgun-slings/2-to-1-point-patrol-sling-kit.html

It uses QD connectors and can quickly move as the name says from a two point to a single and back by moving the push button sling swivels. He said the buttons are robust and can be activated with gloves on.

I am planning to expend a few hundred rounds over the next week. I will let you know if I see something better.

Yea that's was the kind of sling I was talking about from vikings tac. And maybe try a two point that mounts at the forward point of the recicver. I've got an ar pistol with a magpul ASAP and KAC handguards and the handguards have a QD socket at the rear of the handguard and it works good for me to run a three point at those two points.