Nice reactionary response. Some have it from self preservation instinct. Most let the fear instinct take over and that gives the aggressor the upper hand. I would have liked to hear the audio, too.

Now the innocent guy will face charges of possessing a stole firearm, and the thug's attorney will be suing the innocent guy for distraught, pain and suffering, and future mental therapy. The innocent guy will lose his job and his home, as he does a 27 month prison sentence and comes out a felon.

Doesn't sound too far fetched, eh?

I read in the article about this, that the guy used the shotgun (like a club) to break out the rear window of the crook's car as it was driving away...

First- either he didn't know how to use the shottie, or it wasn't loaded?

Second- I've heard of some cases where hitting something hard with the grip-end of the shotgun has made it discharge. (Crooks gun = unknown condition or quality.)

One case was a guy who was fighting with an ex-girlfriend or something, and went to bust out her car window, holding the shotgun by the barrel and hit the window with the grip area. Gun discharged right into his gut, killing him eventually. :wacko:

once you are out of danger, which the assailant was running, and what with you with his gun. Don't shoot. Easier said than done.

If you get out of your car and let the car jacker take your car, don't shoot after...

I moved a shotgun muzzle out of my face once, but, it wasn't near that fast. I remember saying, "dude, get that outta my face!" followed by a quick slap and dodge when we got to a doorway. Funny.... I was more annoyed than frightened. I felt like yelling, "Oh no, you didn't just point a shotgun at me, MF!" LOL

It's funny how we rationalize situations.

Lucky that my story ended well too. :)

Edited by Sim_Player

Well done! While all the above is important, the important aspect I was reminded of is that thieves are predators, and like predators, they do not want to get hurt while doing their work.

that's cool, but I think I'd give him my wallet in the first place and hope he didn't shoot me. I'd be the dumb ass thinking he was a ninja with one to many drinks (otherwise why would I be out at 5:00 am) and get a shotgun blast to the face. But good for that guy.