53 replies to this topic

#1 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Show em if you gots em 032.gif

L to R....Combat Troodon(Bowie blade) Combat Troodon (serration) Nemesis (full serration)

microtechs_zpsd4ba99da.jpg

Freedom from Fideism, Hypocrisy and Oppression of religious beliefs & practices    NOW LETS TALK GUNS

#2 Ak Monty

Ak Monty

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

That nemesis is amazing.

#3 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

I've been wanting a Nem for a while

If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room," I'll be an elitist! (From Get Your War On!)

ADD is a hoax. There’s no scientific and then there was a car chase, and ooh, I gotta go pee, then this guy, you’re funny! Yesterday I lemonade

#4 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

yeah, the Nemesis is a thing of beauty. I never take that one out of the house much.

I hope someday to get my hands on a Halo, but they are very hard to come by.

I think once you get 1 Microtech you gots to get em all red_heart.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH, 01 May 2013 - 01:07 PM.

Freedom from Fideism, Hypocrisy and Oppression of religious beliefs & practices    NOW LETS TALK GUNS

#5 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

yeah, the Nemesis is a thing of beauty. I never take that one out of the house much.

I hope someday to get my hands on a Halo, but they are very hard to come by.

I think once you get 1 Microtech you gots to get em all red_heart.gif

I have one of the  first HALOs ever made, came in a plain cardboard box and had hand cut directions from cheap copy paper of various colors. Got a call from Tony @ Microtech when I had them do warranty work and he remembered making my very knife. :)

I often wonder what it's worth to a serious collector.

• Cobra's Custom LLC likes this
If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room," I'll be an elitist! (From Get Your War On!)

ADD is a hoax. There’s no scientific and then there was a car chase, and ooh, I gotta go pee, then this guy, you’re funny! Yesterday I lemonade

#6 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

ALOT, you got gold there my friend.....Pictures ?????

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH, 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#7 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

ALOT, you got gold there my friend.....Pictures ?????

Offers?

Attached Files

• Cobra's Custom LLC likes this

#8 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

that knife is worth alot more than I could pay.

What was the warranty work you had done on it?

#9 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

old style button springs had issues, replaced button to the later design. Value not affected by this I am told, as having a proper functioning knife is a lot better lol

#10 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Got this today, Microtech ADO. Another work of art, razor sharp. (shaveing sharp)

microADO_zps39dca811.jpg

#11 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

BladeHQ NICE!

you get my pm?

#12 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

yeah, I emailed ya back, if you didnt get message I said try here  http://www.microholi...2/ikonboard.cgi

I would love to get my hands on the large version of the ADO, that would be one badass mofo. (I guess they made them at one time but out of production now)

post-28-13667-IMG_0393_zpsb4a678ba.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH, 02 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#13 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

yeah, I emailed ya back, if you didnt get message I said try here  http://www.microholi...2/ikonboard.cgi

I wish they would make a large version of the ADO, that would be one badass mofo. (I guess they did but it's out of production now)

eventually I'll just get the Ti version

#14 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

eventually I'll just get the Ti version

Ti version ????????

#15 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

http://www.bladehq.c...dkommando--1077

#16 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

I dont know what to quite think about those , seems more of a novelty item than a real world user.

But it's a Microtech so I wouldn't throw it out of bed 032.gif

#17 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

I bought a Ti fixed of theirs years ago at dealer cost, sat on it and sold it, I've regretted it ever since. Indestructible and stab through anything doesn't begin to describe it.  Impossibly sharp as well.

Show em if you gots em 032.gif

L to R....Combat Troodon(Bowie blade) Combat Troodon (serration) Nemesis (full serration)

microtechs_zpsd4ba99da.jpg

heh, I want to get a production Troodon, mine is pre-production 

#18 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

All of those microtech blades are razor sharp but

that new ADO I got is possibly the sharpest knife I have ever owned, I will be shaving in the field with that one for sure.

It would be right at home on a surgical table.

#19 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

do you know much about the production numbers of Microtechs. I mean do they only make a certain amount for each year and thats it?

Seems like they sell out everywhere in the blink of an eye. BladeHQ is the only place you have a chance of still getting some of them. 

My stonewash Combat Troodon Bowie  was the last one in that configuration before it went sold out, so I'm glad I snabbed that one up.

bowiecombattroodon-1_zpsa7becb35.jpg

combattroodon2_zpsb9795d79.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH, 08 May 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#20 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Ya they don't make a lot, because they set up a run and then move on to the next run.

I've never bought a regular run knife by MicroTech, I have not bought a new microtech in years, I've been lucky enough to get steals here and there online and at pawnshops when people had no idea what the hell they had.  The Troodon I have has no markings on the body and only on the belt clip.  No talon logo.  I know they are all 5 digits and you have a month and year tied to it, usually 00105 and then 06/12, I believe they start at 00001, but not 100% sure, and I don't know if the serial number resets every month and if the serials are say Troodon 00105 6/12 and there could also be a UltraTech 00105 06/12.  But I'm not sure on that.

I have kept the really rare ones, but have mostly bought them to sell because I've made a killing on selling at value over what I paid.

Edited by Syndicate, 02 May 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#21 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

looks like you and me are the only micro techies in da house.biggrin.png

#22 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Well found out my HALO is worth $700-1000

now gotta find a buyer

#23 Mullet Man

Mullet Man

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

I used to rock the Tachyon (no pics). Sold it for a bit more then I paid for it, a few years back. Helluva nice flipper and the quality and machine work was top notch.

Are you a resident of Illinois? Join www.Illinoiscarry.com

Items for sale...http://forum.saiga-1...-vepr12-and-ak/

#24 Cobra's Custom LLC

Cobra's Custom LLC

Custom Parts and Parts Service

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,678 posts
  • Verified Business

• Company Name:

Cobra's Custom LLC

• Company Website:
    www.cobras-custom.com

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Microtech is the shit. I've had a Scarab and had to unload it to pay bills. But I couldn't stand being without it after and picked up a knockoff for WAY less $$$ that I gotta admit is still impressive. (that's if ya ain't one to be dazzled by name brands and huge price tags... or an Arsenal fanboy...)

Posted Image

- Bolt & Carrier Mods and Polishing > http://www.Cobras-Custom.com <
Details on Cobra's Custom ReliabilitySystem >> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/90388-new-ak-saiga-vepr-bolt-and-trigger-service-no-extra-waiting/
Our Sub Forum - COBRA'S CUSTOM LLC
IMPROVISE! ADAPT! OVERCOME!

#25 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Nemesis goodness. stone wash full seration.

nemesis-1_zps8ffe747a.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH, 08 May 2013 - 02:25 PM.

• Syndicate likes this

#26 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

ultratech stonewash plain.

ultratechblue2_zpsa84c6973.jpg

• Syndicate likes this

#27 Foghorn

Foghorn

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Wait, wait, wait......Seriously, what in the world makes these knives that expensive?  Are they dipped in the blood of celestial virgins?  Wait, are you simply buying them because they look good?  Or fill a collectors niche?  Now before you guys get all wonky on me i just don't see how they are worth that much.  Talk to me campers.  Tell me what makes them this valuable.  I am not one to kick sand on someone elses job so clue me in.

Virtutis gloria merces

Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil--Thomas Mann 

#28 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

If we have to tell ya, you wouldn't understand.

#29 SHOTGUN MESSIAH

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Mountaineer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Zombie Tech, A very unique blade on this one (possibly a Microtech first)

Zombietech1_zpscc66e291.jpg

• Syndicate likes this

#30 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

The grind on that is sick as hell man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users