Ok, so other then the grind, are they more durable then say a Sog, or Bench, or Emerson. or hell a good ol fashion K-bar for that matter. it seems Im going to have to just find one for a decent price and see.

I just looked at a few, and I just do not have that kind of money to burn. My most expensive knife is a 300 dollar black and bowie reproduction. But its fucking huge. Im going to stick with my spyderco and sog knives fellas.

The grind on that is sick as hell man

yeah, that really caught my eye too, never seen a blade design like this on a Microtech. It is kind of like a half bowie half dagger.

I dont know if it exclusive to the Zombie tech model only or just a new offering from Microtech.

Definitely a Zombie killer....brains anyone.smile.png

ZombieTech2_zpse9e90d90.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Ok, so other then the grind, are they more durable then say a Sog, or Bench, or Emerson. or hell a good ol fashion K-bar for that matter. it seems Im going to have to just find one for a decent price and see.

I just looked at a few, and I just do not have that kind of money to burn. My most expensive knife is a 300 dollar black and bowie reproduction. But its fucking huge. Im going to stick with my spyderco and sog knives fellas.

YES, YES, and YES. There may be better fixed blade knives but when it comes to automatic out the front knives, Microtech is in a class all their own.

Get one in your hands and you will see the quality and detail in these knives, then flick the switch and you will feel the quality.032.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

well the ultra tech (4th from the left) is 8.5" overall length with a 3.5" blade length. which is about 4.5" taller than a 12 oz soda can. so figure the handle is about the size of the can. and you can see that is on the smaller end size of the chart.

The Nemesis will come out of the back of you and the Halo with decapitate you.010.gif

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

I was gona say that your 1st run Halo blade looks small. That must be how they made the proto- types. Because the modern ones are larger.

more representative of the size chart. I have the Nemesis, Combat Troodon, and Ultratech, and they are all spot on size wise to the chart.

Ya anyone that knows Microtechs always notices how much smaller the pre-production 1st gen HALO is. I like the new size a lot, but the older one is just so sleek and light. The sound a HALO makes when it's drawn is quite a bit diff than the DAs. Kind of a long shhhoock noise, instead of that abrupt mechanical chunk.

I notice that with my Nemesis too. Must be the signature sound for the single action Microtechs.

I'm already putting money aside for when and if the Makora II ever becomes available again.

That knife is like the Nemesis only a DA. and a bit longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...