You've confirmed what I have read as well. It's all in the administrations hands. I fear some morning I am going to wake up and find out no more Saigas. Fortunately it's an executive order. What one President does today, the next can undo tomorrow.

I take little comfort in that, in that with the shift in demographics and Marxist indoctrination in our schools and society we are likely to have seen the last "conservative" President (conservative used loosely). Even the last election included two candidates that weren't gun-friendly on both sides. Hell, most gun control has come from the GOP side, so even that isn't a reason for hope. I see little reason to believe that any executive order passed today will be undone tomorrow. Things will likely only get worse. Anything is possible, but I'm a pessimist when it comes to our overlords.

Edited by HammerofGod
  • Like 1
If you are a reloader the newly introduced S.792 should get your blood boiling. Get your primers and power while you can. Once word is out on the street on this one there will be nothing on the shelves.
Around here there's already nothing on the shelves.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't worry so much about Saiga's. It is the parts to any imported gun, and reloading supplies that will really put a cramp in my style. It seems most of our powder is made over seas. Australia make quite a bit for us on the mainland.

"...Hell, most gun control has come from the GOP side..."

It has?

I shouldn't have said "most", but "as much". In the last 30 years:

Reagan: Firearms Protection Act of 1986 - automatic weapons ban

Bush Sr: Assault weapons import ban 1989

Ronald Reagan is used as the benchmark for Republican candidates, and is the yardstick by which many are measured in the party. Said one Ronaldus Magnus in 1991: "I support the Brady Bill, and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."

Guiliani and Romney (both GOP Pres. cadidates) were big on gun control, with Romney passing legislation as governor of Mass. Yes, Clinton passed the '94 ban, but the Republicans haven't shown to be any more gun friendly than the Democrats have. They're two sides of the same coin, and I don't trust either party. Counting on one side to overturn the other is risky business, especially when it concerns the loss of rights.

• Like 4

I hate the way the forum software is handling quoting these days.

Anyway, it should be noted that FOPA '86 was an overwhelmingly good piece of legislation for firearms owners, and that the Hughes Amendment was illegally added in at the last minute by Charlie Rangel and Co. It's not even clear that Reagan knew it was in there, or that it was actually in the version he received before signing.

Edited by Netpackrat
I hate the way the forum software is handling quoting these days.

Anyway, it should be noted that FOPA '86 was an overwhelmingly good piece of legislation for firearms owners, and that the Hughes Amendment was illegally added in at the last minute by Charlie Rangel and Co. It's not even clear that Reagan knew it was in there, or that it was actually in the version he received before signing.

Wish FOPA '86 wouldn't have killed the full auto conversion business.
  • Like 1
Reagan: Firearms Protection Act of 1986 - automatic weapons ban

that is a smidge of what is in the entire FOPA, but everybody who has never even read the entire bill puts this act as being bad or just picks that one little thing out of it and that is all they know.

do yourself a favor and educate yourself on what that act is about, I'll give you a start;

do you like to buy ammo and have it shipped to you? that is what is in that act. before you couldn't do that.

if you were convicted of a felony and lost your rights to own a gun that act enabled you to have your rights restored, before that, you were SOL

if you travel through a state with a firearm that is consider not legal in that state, ie SBR. MG and if pulled over you could be charged, that act allowed you to travel through that state and not be prosecuted for that.

To your last point.

It is legal to transport NFA items out of the state the items are registered in.

However..... Only after submitting ATF form 20 in duplicate and receiving approval.

I don't want anyone to read your last point and think they can drive across state lines without a Form 20.

Cheers,

-BB

silencers dont require approval, as long as the go to state allows them of course...

well what we knew in the past is congress told atf to get fucked as far as saiga imporation goes. that was for fiscal, note FISCAL, (not physical) 2012. so new year, same prez, "butt hurt" over not getting gun grab passed, you guess how its gonna go down....

what we need is a grass roots american made s12 style clone. quick change 30" barrel to appease Fudds...

silencers dont require approval, as long as the go to state allows them of course...

well what we knew in the past is congress told atf to get fucked as far as saiga imporation goes. that was for fiscal, note FISCAL, (not physical) 2012. so new year, same prez, "butt hurt" over not getting gun grab passed, you guess how its gonna go down....

what we need is a grass roots american made s12 style clone. quick change 30" barrel to appease Fudds...

Any Other Weapons, also

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard the government has stopped allowing Saigas to be imported? A You Tube video I came across last night said all further importations are banned. I am wondering if they thought the Small Arms Treaty had passed which could have stopped the importing. Fortunately, it was vetoed by the Senate. A tough blow to Obama. What have you heard?

Neverhome

They were supposedly going to stop importing them in May of (I believe 2011) or it may have been May 2012. But anyway, point is - I think you were getting outdated info.