SniperHandle ambi safety, anyone used it?

probably retains just fine... Although I am thinking... by looking at it... its EASY to set your weapon to SAFE with it... but you still need to use the other hand to bring it back towards the shooter to put the firearm back in "fire" mode. Maybe not... just doesnt seem like a PRACTICAL part anyone would race out to buy and install except because they "can" for shits and giggles. :unsure:

:smoke:

probably retains just fine... Although I am thinking... by looking at it... its EASY to set your weapon to SAFE with it... but you still need to use the other hand to bring it back towards the shooter to put the firearm back in "fire" mode. <shrug> Maybe not... just doesnt seem like a PRACTICAL part anyone would race out to buy and install except because they "can" for shits and giggles. unsure.png

000.gif

Yup Indy that's what has me wondering if anyone has any long term experience with it, being that once you have installed it, you have installed it FOR GOOD. There's a video showing how it works both ways that suggests it is far more useful than it appears. Found a lot of threads around other forums that have install guides and express a lot of initial satisfaction with it, but no long term, OH WHY GOD or God this is the best thing ever or well any long term reaction in that regard. The other thing that is odd, the name of the site and product. It's like 10 years or more ago I was leary of the tactical term being thrown to loosely, now it seems sniper is the term in this case. I don't want to get sold on the next snake oil mod and perma-fuck my receiver.

• 3 weeks later...

They work really well. I installed a custom modified one on a M92 underfolder.

100_2334.jpg

NICE, I saw yours on the AKFiles I think. I shaved my rivets down to do it. Haven't made the drill yet, want to use a drill press.

I didn't shave my rivits. I just put a notch on the back side of my safety for the one rivit, so it wouldn't rub. I didn't even use a press, just a hand drill.

You can also buy these from VT Supply. Not sure about the price difference?

Edited by ARMOR

So, it looks like this would not work with a posp rail... Otherwise nice simple product. It should have a vepr style tab on the right side for lefty shooting. This looks like it provides another option for right handed people, but I wouldn't call it ambi, just because it has parts on either side of the receiver.