As to why Red Jacket is no longer taking orders on Rifles and Shotguns you have to go to the Better Business Bureau of Louisiana for the answer.

There is an alert on the company that states...

On 2/19/2013, the BBB contacted Red Jacket Firearms regarding its pattern of unanswered complaints. The complaints allege slow or in some cases non-delivery of items ordered. Consumers also allege that after the sale they are unable to contact anyone from the company. As of 4/10/2013, the company has responded to some of the complaints by issuing refunds when warranted and/or promising that the product ordered is being sent. The company did respond stating that their website informs consumers that all orders are shipped in the order in which they are received. They also state that consumers are informed that there is a 6-8 month backlog. The companies website states that they are currently working to get all backlogged orders out and no new orders are being taken at this time. Some complaints remain unanswered at this time.

The statement on the 6-8 month backlog is untrue. My Saiga-12 build took 19 months.

As to why Red Jacket is no longer taking orders on Rifles and Shotguns you have to go to the Better Business Bureau of Louisiana for the answer.

On 2/19/2013, the BBB contacted Red Jacket Firearms regarding its pattern of unanswered complaints. The complaints allege slow or in some cases non-delivery of items ordered. Consumers also allege that after the sale they are unable to contact anyone from the company. As of 4/10/2013, the company has responded to some of the complaints by issuing refunds when warranted and/or promising that the product ordered is being sent. The company did respond stating that their website informs consumers that all orders are shipped in the order in which they are received. They also state that consumers are informed that there is a 6-8 month backlog. The companies website states that they are currently working to get all backlogged orders out and no new orders are being taken at this time. Some complaints remain unanswered at this time.

The statement on the 6-8 month backlog is untrue. My Saiga-12 build took 19 months.

Yet somehow, good vendors who are frequently active on this forum, respond to customer concerns in under a day... Some vendors respond as if they have ESP (CSS)....

I only wish I had enough cash to buy stuff from ALL of our excellent vendors. No need to go slumming........

• Like 1

Of course I know it is all scripted and staged, and thusly compensated for monetarily and TV money does NOT suck.... So yeah, still, fake BS or whatever, I would take the money and Drama.....after all you know it's just entertainment, so why not? I'm pretty sure most folk know TV is all scripted and planned well in advanced. No tin foil hat required for that!

This one is going to get ugly.....And it wont take long for them to end up just like Esteban if they dont turn their business practices in a different direction. Been thinking it for a long time, just hadnt come to a head yet. Seems like its starting to get that way.

Sad to see a good business go down the wrong road over a little fame and greed.

Do we really have to discuss how similar it is to other shamed vendors....

• Like 1

My, my how times have changed. I can remember when RJ could do NO WRONG. It PAYS to not drink the kool-aid. Judge a company, product on their/its merit's/worth and CS. Nothing else should be considered. As for working for him, no. I am a retired Marine MSgt, career infantryman and DI(recruits don't count...:)., and I sure as hell didn't treat my Marine's this way, nor have I every treated my coworkers or those that I am in charge of that way either. They don't have to like you, but they should respect you! Reality show or not, it doesn't matter. I liked the show, but grew tired of the 'drama' and his constant belittling of his team. Best of luck to them and hope they get their act together. Semper Fi!

• Like 2

I guess it will be interesting to see how it works out with the daughter and son in-law starting into their own business beaten.gif

It really looks to me like RJF and the show are crashing, I wouldn't work for them on a bet.

If Red Jacket was hiring I hope it would be in the CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT. How would you like that job fixing all the fuck-ups and broken promises?

I couldn't agree more. I will never order anything from RJ after they worked on my Saiga 223. The gun was in the paint dept 6 months come on. I asked to talk to Will they wouldn't let me. Stephanie said she was someone else. Come on maybe my $700 job wasn't big enough.

Edited by Albe

after fame usually comes failure...would never work for them. had some of their CS years back before the fame.....6 month build went into over 18 months an was given many excuses. it caused me to learn the rifle on my own....turn around time much quicker and way more cheaper!! smile.png

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Juggernaut" data-cid="897941" data-time="1367631112"><p>

Hell, I'm still waiting to get paid... ;)<br />

<br />

It would be like workin' for any other Jarhead, I suppose...<br />

Not bad or good.. either you can handle the heat or not.<br />

<br />

Not to many "perfect" jobs out there anymore..</p></blockquote>

Not all jarheads

Heh haven't watched the show since they put that MG on an armored vehicle and gave it to the New Orleans PD of all people, oh yeah there's a fun bunch.

Met the guy around town, decent enough in that setting.

Hey it's his business and his name. He can run the place how he chooses. Being a hard ass eliminates the cry babies, and keeps the real men with thick skin who want to work. I'm sure they are compensated very well. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

It is all too bad. When they were RED STICK firearms and Mr. Hayden himself was building guns he made me a .308 and 5.56 AK. They are very well done and took 1 month to get from order to receipt and then, we spoke on the phone often about the work/progress. The TV involvement changes things, I understand that but I guess that's progress........

• Like 1

IMO, everything they do looks almost the same, and none of it is really all that special. I see a few unique builds here and there, but they all seem to be from back when they were small and did parts kit builds mostly.

It would be like working for a "custom" auto shop where you find yourself installing fart cans and subwoofers every single day.

Edited by mancat

There is one well respected forum member here who proudly announced he was going to work for Red Jacket .

He lasted less then six months. That should tell us all something about the sad shape of RJF.

My, my how times have changed. I can remember when RJ could do NO WRONG. It PAYS to not drink the kool-aid.

no kidding, when I first came on here I thought I joined a cult, everybody was lining up to kiss his ass and stoking his ego telling him how great he is, every time he posted something or showed his latest "creation".

his guns were no better then the local gunsmith here converted or some of the members that did it themselves, there was nothing special about them that justified paying the stupid prices he tagged on them.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2
My, my how times have changed. I can remember when RJ could do NO WRONG. It PAYS to not drink the kool-aid.

no kidding, when I first came on here I thought I joined a cult, everybody was lining up to kiss his ass and stoking his ego telling him how great he is, every time he posted something or showed his latest "creation".

his guns were no better then the local gunsmith here converted or some of the members that did it themselves, there was nothing special about them that justified paying the stupid prices he tagged on them.

...but you said a cult was the same as any other religion. It's a damned TV show.

Some of you people sound like a bunch of bitchy old ladies talking about "Days of Our Lives".

Man up already!

• Like 1

Oh hell no I wouldn't work for him. Especially if he is anything like in the TV show. Yeah, I know - it's TV. But that man has more mood swings than an estrogen enriched environment at a girl's night out. Some of the guys though do seem to have some talent so if I were to have my own business I would consider hiring some of them.

There is one well respected forum member here who proudly announced he was going to work for Red Jacket .

He lasted less then six months. That should tell us all something about the sad shape of RJF.

Well respected? You don't mean Ben do you?

In spite of all that, as soon as you make work out of a hobby it becomes WORK! I have a small machine shop where I make motorcycle parts for a side line, as much as I like making parts for my bike and other projects, Making parts for sale is work. Dont get me wrong if I didnt like it i wouldn't do it it is enjoyable work but it is work. As much as everyone who has built there own Saiga conversion enjoyed doing it, if you did it ALL DAY LONG every day, it become work very soon.

• Like 1
Hey it's his business and his name. He can run the place how he chooses. Being a hard ass eliminates the cry babies, and keeps the real men with thick skin who want to work. I'm sure they are compensated very well. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Yes, it's his name and his business, but the question was not answered by your response. Margins on firearms are not that high. Likely they are not making all that much, but paying some one well or not does not justify treating employees like crap.

Self respect is worth more to me than a dollar or two.

...but you said a cult was the same as any other religion. It's a damned TV show.

Some of you people sound like a bunch of bitchy old ladies talking about "Days of Our Lives".

Man up already!

Patriot, I MANNED UP a hell of a long time ago. I HAVE NEVER been one to put places, people or things on pedastools. It pays NOT TO.

Well respected? You don't mean Ben do you?

maybehaha.gif