midwest vs rs ak-300 for vortex 1-4?

Hey guys, i currently have a vortex 1-4x mounted to my sgl using a midwest industries mount and 1 1/4 inch rings. Its a bit higher than i like and can maybe use one inch rings (the 1 1/4 ones were all i could find locally) before hitting the rear sight leaf or the mount itself with the huge eyepiece on it. Ive looked at the rs regulate ak-300 mount and was considering that to get it lower over bore but im worried about the eye relief in regards to how far back itll move the scope. Has anyone here utilized the rs ak-300 in conjunction with a 1-4 scope and not had eye relief issues? Its a huge chunk of $$$ to drop on something that may not work. Ive asked around in other threads but no solid answers. So my question is, stick w the midwest mount and let it sit high and forward, or get the rs ak-300 and have it low and further back? And please, no tws or parabellum answers as i am aware of them and until they come out w a real sight leaf at the back, im not interested. Thanks again for the input.

post-46523-0-68027300-1367711178_thumb.jpg

to me it looks like thats about as low as your going to get, have you thought about a cheek pad? and how do you like the vortex its the PST correct? i was thinking about getting one for my ar15 middy?

Monty, the vortex is awesome, simply stated. The reticle design pulls your focus right on that little one moa dot

in the center whether its lit up or not. Ive shot with it a couple times now and even tho its not lit up like a christmas tree in full sun, it makes for one hell of a "black dot". Horse, have you received any comments about users who are using your mount w a 1-4x scope, specifically in regards to the eye relief? Will your rings be too low to mount the vortex bc of the eye piece? Im trying to gather as much data as possible before committing to the investment. Thanks again for your time.

I have not specifically tried the Vortex, but I know the Leatherwood CMR works great with a pair of AKM rings. It is a bit far back for my tastes, but others don't choke up to the rifle as much and they like it fine.

• 5 months later...