In Dash Camera Footage of Shootout in Middlefield, Ohio

MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio — Police here said today they still do not know why James Gilkerson jumped out his car and began firing at Middlefield police officers who had pulled him over after Gilkerson had run a stop sign in the village. They did say Gilkerson fired 37 rounds from an AK-47 rifle on March 10, and that the two officers fired back with 54 rounds of their own, killing the Mentor-on-the Lake man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu8koHqEEPo

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Actually alot to be learned from that video.

Such as:

1. Unaimed fire is still ineffective, even at close range. (Cops are damn lucky about this one.)

2. Bad guys can and will keep fighting after taking hits, so shoot until the threat is over.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 6

I agree to a point that it was suicide by cop but he didn't intend that only himself be killed.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=298062

Middlefield police officers found an arsenal in a duffle bag on the passenger seat of his mother's green Saturn sedan -- knives, guns, nearly 400 bullets and the gunpowder to make more, or build explosives.

"He also had a black ski mask, black leather gloves. He had a number of books and pamphlets in his trunk, instructional videos on gun fighting and some other things," said Flaiz.

The makeshift library of books and videos read like a sickening instruction manual: advanced rifle techniques, the big book of homemade weapons, "Be your own undertaker" and "Acquiring new ID."

An arsenal in a duffle bag. Typical media idiocy.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1
Pretty sure I heard him yell "Kill Me, Kill me"

Anyone else? Crazy people, suicide by cop. He probably shouldnt have had the gun to being with.

Yep, he did yell that. Mentally ill, just like all the others. But hey, let's keep blaming the inanimate objects and not the mentally ill.

• Like 1

That was a dramatic video. That cop kept plugging him when he was down - you could see the little ripples in his upper arm. There was surprisingly little blood evident, as many holes as that guy had in him by the end.

I was really surprised to see that they didn't disarm the corpse - twenty seconds after he was probably dead, he still hadn't been approached and disarmed.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1.dumb ass was probably driving around with an AK on the front seat trying to make himself feel like a bad ass because his mom just told him to clean his room and take out the trash. He gets pulled over, realizes he's going to jail for the concealed carry of an AK, without a permit. And Fuck it, he's having a bad day already so time to go out in a blaze of glory.

-or-

2. dumb ass was going to shoot someone.

But I'm leaning toward 1.

Wow! Sounded like suicide by cop to me.

I wish a speedy and full recovery to the LEO's involved in this. LEO's are people just like the rest of us and deserve to go home without bullet holes in them from some fuckin asshole.

Of course the media will say this is an AK thing. But he had the drop on her from what I saw. And 2-3-4 guns will have the same effect as a 30 round mag. Where there's a will there's a way no matter what they ban. I don't know that any amount of training can totally prepare you for something like this. Some fucked up people out there. As said above. If you need to take yourself out, do it privately. Don't ruin others lives in the process.

I agree with Darth. Bullets are cheap (or free to them). Use them till the threat is no longer a threat.

Edited by Big John!

I don't think he ever got to reading the books or watching the videos. Otherwise, I doubt he would just be standing there, then walking further out into the open.

Actually, I am pretty sure he simply was making a statement by his death. My guess, he was a libtard who could not handle a job and thought this contribution to society would be to show everyone that guns are evil if they look evil. He was aiming to help to try to take our guns away, and become a symbol for the banners.

Suicide by cop. Hope for a speedy recovery for the LEO's.

There is absolutely zero evidence this was a result of a pill. Saying that is equal to you can take all the guns accept my bolt action. Don't be an idiot, your HIPAA will be violated as well as everyone else.

• Like 1

I was really surprised to see that they didn't disarm the corpse - twenty seconds after he was probably dead, he still hadn't been approached and disarmed.

I think they probably got to that shortly after the video ended but it sounded like the male cop was was tending to the female's injuries. I think they were pretty confident the guy wasn't going to move after the one cop really unloaded on him, which he did right after the other said she was hit. He probably figured this guy has to die right fucking now or she might.

Edited by DogMan
So how many mags did he use?

one? one!

He wanted to die. A S-12 would have put him down real fast. Looked like 9mm hits

If it didn't FTE, haha...

Are you trying to say that 9mm is not an effective round? What do you see that makes the hit look different than any other caliber? Please don't tell me that a 45 round is better because it's bigger...

I'll take 20 rounds in 9mm over 13 in a .45 any day. Load it up with hornaday critical duty and it's good to go. As bill Barr said on his gun joke, it's not like the movies, you miss you miss all the fucking time, you miss enough you might as well have a big stapler.

Here's a video of a Vietnam vet that looks like he knows how to use cover. Pretty sickening that the cop pleads with the man to put the gun down instead of emptying his gun into him, I'll bet he was afraid of getting in trouble for a bad shoot.

This is why you get a shotgun.

Well I am glad they shot him untill he was dead, we dont need that dirt bag using up our tax dollars to get healed up and eventually released to commit more crimes! This should be a good reason to keep the violently mentally ill in institutions where they cant harm themselves or others. But you can bet the liberals will use this to "prove" that we need to ban semi automatic riffles! Shit like this is a good reminder what cops have to go through sometimes, I do hope neither one of them was seriously injured.

Here's a video of a Vietnam vet that looks like he knows how to use cover. Pretty sickening that the cop pleads with the man to put the gun down instead of emptying his gun into him, I'll bet he was afraid of getting in trouble for a bad shoot.

Yep... perfect example of when not being mentally prepared to pull the trigger when you need to can make you dead. Just because they haven't shot yet doesn't mean they are any less likely to. If it's pointed at you or anyone else... take them out. Here's another example of failing to recognize the danger with a hastily barricaded and armed suspect.

Edited by Risky
I missed it but why was he pulled over?

He's the the guy on the left side of the screen at 00:29. He makes a right hand turn toward the patrol car but fails to stop at the stop sign.