After giving my S-12 to a family member as a gift with the intention of getting a new one to build I have given up looking for one for the moment.

The prices are just to high right now so I will be getting the wife a Sig P238 when I can find one she likes.

the $700 I had put away for the shotgun is now in the Wifes Sig fund. This will be her second carry gun as she carries a M&PC 40 but wanted a smaller carry .

I knew I was in trouble when she held one as Bass Pro , so after talking about it we have begun the search. Best price I have found was $799 out the door but she does not want a bi-tone pistol.

Next year for the Saiga

$799 for a P238!?!?!?

FUCK THAT SHIT!

That's insane for one, that is what 938s were overpriced for a while back.

I got my 238 with 2 mags, and a doofus laser and hard plastic holster for just shy of $480 NEWWWW used to see basic model for $400

I will be getting the wife a Sig P238 when I can find one she likes.

...Best price I have found was $799 out the door but she does not want a bi-tone pistol.

Rockwell Arms (pre-orders):

$589.95 with Rosewood grips & SIGLITE Night Sights

$554.95 sith SIGLITE Night Sights

Plus a bunch more (including two-tone) if you use their site search. It looks like they are all pre-order and none in stock ready to ship.

• Like 1
I will be getting the wife a Sig P238 when I can find one she likes.

...Best price I have found was $799 out the door but she does not want a bi-tone pistol.

Rockwell Arms (pre-orders):

$589.95 with Rosewood grips & SIGLITE Night Sights

$554.95 sith SIGLITE Night Sights

Plus a bunch more (including two-tone) if you use their site search. It looks like they are all pre-order and none in stock ready to ship.

NOW THAT is a price I can get behind!

I fully agree with AK monty, I have read reports where LEOs have shot crack heads with a .380 back up gun and it only pissed them off at the moment! Some of these modern drugs make these dirt bags feel like superman, eventually they will feel the pain but it may be too late for you or the wife!

Yea a 9mm+p has twice as much power as a .380. I read an article that said you were even better off using FMJ in .380 due to lack of penetration. I would look at a much cheaper 9mm single stack. If you carry it you may use it if you use it it's gone till the court case is over I could stand to lose my keltec pf9 easier than a 800 pistol.

I have a Kahr CM9 I bought recently. Had it deburred and smoothed, and I have the grip extension for the extra finger-grip. I like it very much, and I've put 6 different types/brands of 9mm through it with NO problems at all. It's good for close-range SD purposes. :up:

• Like 1

Yep I think the .380 fad is about over.

I hope so, dammit. Then I can find some dies.

Wish I'd known that. Local shop I frequent had a gently used 3-pc Lee set for $20. That was a couple of weeks ago, though.

I fully agree with AK monty, I have read reports where LEOs have shot crack heads with a .380 back up gun and it only pissed them off at the moment! Some of these modern drugs make these dirt bags feel like superman, eventually they will feel the pain but it may be too late for you or the wife!

This was why when I did security I carried a S&W 686-4. We had crack, crank, heroin, cocaine, and the usual "home brews" on the street. I remember seeing a junkie get his whole flippin' head blown off(literally) by a 12GA, and the corpse was still standing, pumping the trigger on a dry gun when LEO showed up. I can only imagine what a meth head would do when shot. As a former Junior Volunteer Firefighter, I've seen the human body do some weird shit when dead, and the really insane when dead on dope.

My EDC was a 1911 for years. I went through the .40S&W fad for a bit, but ended up back with my first love, the ol' 45. However, if your wife is dead set on a smaller gun, look at a Mak in 9x18. I've owned both(had a .380 Baikal IJ-70 I regret selling and a sorry excuse for a Romanian Mak clone).

G26. Affordable, 10+1 shots stock. 11+1 with pinky extension. Very concealable. Tried and true. Not .380! I think the M&P Shield is another good choice if you can find one.

I've done the 40 thing and not a fan of the snappy round myself. 9's and 45's for me. Or of course the ever concealable if you weigh 800 LBS or so 500 mag.

I have a Kahr CM9 I bought recently. Had it deburred and smoothed, and I have the grip extension for the extra finger-grip. I like it very much, and I've put 6 different types/brands of 9mm through it with NO problems at all. It's good for close-range SD purposes. 032.gif

I've been impressed with the kahrs, very little work and effort and they turn around quick and the trigger mods are pretty nice

Or of course the ever concealable if you weigh 800 LBS or so 500 mag.

that camo whale in the other thread could jsut flap a tit over it

I like my Kel tec .380 and will get one in a 9mm. I regret selling my p63 FEG, it had to have been the shittiest handling pistol EVER. But, if you can suffer through the loss of skin on your thumb web and nuckle it is a good conceal carry and in a 9x18 MAK which I think in a FMJ is very decent. Gotta get something for the wife though and the .380 kel tec is all she will really max out at. And can we please stop saying the .380 is basically a 9x18 MAK... Yes you can get hot .380 loads but ball 9x18 MAK FMJ or HP will give you better performance maybe not a crap tone but better. I just cannot carry my .45 ACP or 9mm most of the time. I wish I could, hell I wish I could sling my AR like in Israel but its taboo here. I have fired the same CZ with the .380 ACP and 9x18 MAK and guess which one was more comfortable? Anyway WTF were we taking about?

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot26.htm

Edited by jdub23

Sigs are very nice, but I would buy something other than a P238 because a single action only pistol is just a bad idea for pocket carry, and the main reason to want something that size is for pocket carry. Single actions are best carried cocked and locked, and that requires a holster. The P238 is neither fish nor fowl.

I had a keltec 380 ,fluff and buffed it and loved it. Snappy but I gave it away to a LEO who is my brothers son in-law.

I never got around to buying another. The Sig would be carried in a holster as most women do not have functional pockets because of style.

If we do get one this mess has to simmer down to let supply catch up.

Most of the gun shops here that I buy my guns from can't get any guns and say its going to get worse.

I can fire my kel tec from my pocket w/o worrying that the hammer may get snagged. The .380 pocket pistol is something that I will be engauging at very close distance with, so for my use a double action is just fine. If I wanted a cocked pocket pistol I would no doubt bump it up to a 9mm.

Listen to this!

As I was looking for a Sig P380 at a local gun store where I bought my Glock 27. The owner asked me if I have shot at the new indoor gun range .He said before you do take a look at these 9 mm rounds.

What I saw was a joke. He held 2 rounds that were sold as new nontoxic rounds.

First the brands did not match, the primers were set to deep .

The round was a 1/8 of an inch longer which explained why they had to pry the ammo out of the mag. and they used 357 bullets which expanded the round which explains why the round would not go into battery.

This was new Sig from the shop and the range said it was a bad gun

I should of taken some pictures.

This is not the only complaint.

Some people do not care about the safety of others

Yep I think the .380 fad is about over.

I hope so, dammit. Then I can find some dies.

Wish I'd known that. Local shop I frequent had a gently used 3-pc Lee set for $20. That was a couple of weeks ago, though.

If they still have them, I would gladly pay that+shipping.