It wont replace the SVD but it will be used in a designated marksman role. The SVU has been made by the Tula factory since 1975. In 1991 it was modified to the SVU-A to fix some of the problems with it. Even then it was limited to around 500m. It has only been used by super high speed, pipe hitting russians for limited use in urban environments.

Thanks for posting, it's fun to see them evolve. We will most likely never see one here.

• Like 1
Very interesting looking sniper rifle. It doesn't decrease my dislike for the bullpup design one iota though. laugh.png

If you're ever in Montana, stop by and we will go shoot targets out of a moving SUV on private land! You may like the RFB I have set up. :) No charging handle to rip your face off when shooting both sides.

• Like 3
Very interesting looking sniper rifle. It doesn't decrease my dislike for the bullpup design one iota though. laugh.png

If you're ever in Montana, stop by and we will go shoot targets out of a moving SUV on private land! You may like the RFB I have set up. smile.png No charging handle to rip your face off when shooting both sides.

RFB, yeah a killer.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss72/ddoneill/Photo_111711_016-1_zps9a5a0397.jpg

• Like 2
It wont replace the SVD but it will be used in a designated marksman role. The SVU has been made by the Tula factory since 1975. In 1991 it was modified to the SVU-A to fix some of the problems with it. Even then it was limited to around 500m. It has only been used by super high speed, pipe hitting russians for limited use in urban environments.

Thanks for posting, it's fun to see them evolve. We will most likely never see one here.

I think the SVU-A model is select fire. big_smile.gif

• Like 1

I'd love one in x54 !! That's cool they made a bullpup with a long barrel for better accuracy and ballistics (theoretically) but with the bullpup stock so it's similar length to a traditional rifle.

It does nothing for me! I would rather have an SVD. Remember it is supposed to be a sniper rifle not CQC.

For the rest of you folks that love it. If I see one you will get the heads up!

If you're ever in Montana, stop by and we will go shoot targets out of a moving SUV on private land! You may like the RFB I have set up. smile.png No charging handle to rip your face off when shooting both sides.

The Russian army had a policy that you only shot right handed. I learned of this from friends who came from the former Soviet Union. I am a left hander and can't shoot most bullpups for that reason. I prefer a rifle that can be shot from both shoulders in case I have to make a right handed shot or my left arm is hurt.