Just found a low life waiting in a neighbors driveway

You crying pussies can keep on making excuses for the thugs. When the tables are turned do you think they will give two shits about laws, or rights, or what is proper, or whether or not they are the aggressor? HELL no they won't. They WILL bust a cap in your ass though, pick your corpse clean of valuables, maybe steal your car, and then smirk when the "man" makes them serve 3-5 for the inconvenience of blowing you away....

Wake the fuck up! the wolves are at the door! Half of them wear badges and the other quarter of them don't need no stinking badges. And out of the 25% left only a small minority are willing to stand up against either of them. The time to be all pc and meek has long since gone by. If we don't stand up for each other who the hell will?

I see you still hold police officers in high regard. I thought this thread was about confronting or dealing with the criminal element. Are you suggesting half of all cops are actually criminals?

You tell me. Take your pick....

http://www.policemisconduct.net/

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came home from work, and saw a strange car in the neighbors driveway. The car and type of person wasnt the type this neighbor would usually entertain. I politely (in Texas terms) let him know if he

Cop asked why I didnt block him in. Honestly, for a couple of reasons. One I had a better angle in case shit hit the fan, two I wasnt ready for my ride to get damaged, 3 the neighbor is kind of a bitc

So, a small fraction of the populace is criminal, yet the cops treat us all suspiciously, and that's ok.   But, a small fraction of police are criminals, and I am not allowed to treat them all suspi

The shooting of the woman above was in my backyard (figuratively). I remember it on TV when it was on. They first billed it as the woman having driven away with his arm caught in her car window.

Too bad, just like everything, a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of the group.

I see the allegations as a fraction of the totality of officers and overall police conduct in the U.S. You have taken these allegations and projected criminal behavior onto 50% of all police officers in the nation, a fallacy at best. And of course some allegations are not true which would serve to further reduce the real number of police criminal cases.

Thieves steal more then property John.....they steal your security and trust. Your home is supposed to be a place where you feel safe and secure. Ask anyone who has a house that's been broken into if they feel secure in their own home. Everyone I know that has been a victim will tell you no.

In Texas thieves know the property owner can take their life for stealing, yet they continue to do it. Guess to some criminals it's a calculated risk. This is Texas, not Chicago or some other state where you have to run and hide while your hard earned property walks away while the criminals laughs at you. Law abiding citizens have rights in this state to protect their family and property with the use of deadly force. Let me say it once again, the criminals in this state know law abiding citizens have rights, including the use of deadly force for protection.

Sure things could have been handled differently yesterday. Wish the guy hadn't been staking out the house, and none of this would have happened (including this thread.)

• Like 1

Neighborhood watch needs to be brought back. It's time for people to knock it off with the politically-correct "mind your own business" attitude. A neighborhood should be a place where good neighbors watch eachother's backs. This doesn't mean vigilante justice, and it doesn't mean that you have to spy on your neighbors, but IMO the OP did exactly what I would hope my neighbor would do, and I've done the same sort of things for my neighbors in the past. It's common sense that people used to just look out for each other and their property.

You've walked up to a car a pulled a gun on someone because you didn't recognize them and thought they might steal your neighbors tv?

I love seeing bad guys get what's coming to them, but to glorify this type of behavior is crazy. You turn yourself into the bad guy and said garbage has every right to shoot you in the face in self defense.

I will help people whether they are my neighbor or not if they are in danger. If their TV is in danger, I will do what I can to gain as much evidence as possible and if that means detaining them in some manner that will have to be determined by the situation. But I will not go shove my gun in someone's face making me the aggressor turning what could have been an insurance claim into a gun fight where innocent people get put in harms way. No matter how you think a gun fight will go, there is always the chance of a stray bullet entering a home, car, whatever and hurting someone that probably wouldn't feel you did the right thing after they found out that personal property was the only thing at risk and not someone's life.

This forum seems to be filled with level headed people that have good moral values. And while I hate ghetto trash, theives, and generally anyone that takes from others or harms others. I'm finding the vibe of this thread quite disturbing.

I had to go back and read the OP, because I don't remember either he or I stating that we shoved a gun in anyone's face over a TV.

• Like 2

I see the allegations as a fraction of the totality of officers and overall police conduct in the U.S. You have taken these allegations and projected criminal behavior onto 50% of all police officers in the nation, a fallacy at best. And of course some allegations are not true which would serve to further reduce the real number of police criminal cases.

But many are true. I'm not going to do your homework for you. just go over last month alone on the Police misconduct web site. Search around the net. You are the one extrapolating statistics, I was speaking figuratively. The problem is the "bad"apples seldom get sentenced to anything like the time average citizens get for like offenses. Therein lies the double standard. Do you think the cop that repeatedly shot the Sunday school teacher in the face got a sentence anything like what a non-cop would have received in a like crime?. The boys behind the badges take care of their own...

"Georgia, CSA", explains a lot. Trouble with authority???

"just go over last month alone on the Police misconduct web site." I am sure that there is much damning info there as I am sure that much good info can be found on sasquatch.com for aficionados of that type of thing. I'd rather go into any sit with the popo's with a positive attitude than negative -- sure works for all the warnings instead of actual speeding tickets I've gotten...

Edited by Odd Man Out

Neighborhood watch needs to be brought back.

I didn't know it had went away. My neighbor had the same thing happen but he was home, he is retired...He saw a carful of dudes pull up in his drive way...one guy came to the door and claimed to be a salesmen.....He didn't let him in and called the cops..The cable company he said he was with doesn't offer service in our area....They left before the cops got here...

I get home from work and he meets in the driveway. He gives me the car make, model, and year....also informs we will see increased patrols..They ended up picking up the car the next day, trunk full of stolen property. I live in a cul de sac with about 8 houses on it....We all know everyone and we get together all the time for cook outs and Christmas parties....I always thought knowing and helping out your neighbors was a Southern thing.....from reading this thread it appears it is.

Glad the OP was able to run off the riffraff and no one was hurt....best possible outcome for any situation like this.

News here reported this morning that a lady was walking her dog at about 12:15a.m., in HER yard and a guy approached her in her drive, she claims to have told him to stop, that she was armed, he kept coming. 3 shots and he's found face down dead in her drive way. This one happened a few miles up the road from us, and is still under investigation, but they have only 2 witnesses, as far as anyone knows, 1 is dead, 1 that pulled the trigger. I always carry, so does my wife, and will use it needed, but a woman will get a pass quicker than a man.

Thieves steal more then property John.....they steal your security and trust. Your home is supposed to be a place where you feel safe and secure. Ask anyone who has a house that's been broken into if they feel secure in their own home. Everyone I know that has been a victim will tell you no.

In Texas thieves know the property owner can take their life for stealing, yet they continue to do it. Guess to some criminals it's a calculated risk. This is Texas, not Chicago or some other state where you have to run and hide while your hard earned property walks away while the criminals laughs at you. Law abiding citizens have rights in this state to protect their family and property with the use of deadly force. Let me say it once again, the criminals in this state know law abiding citizens have rights, including the use of deadly force for protection.

Sure things could have been handled differently yesterday. Wish the guy hadn't been staking out the house, and none of this would have happened (including this thread.)

Jet, While I still think it's reckless to automatically pull a gun, if it were on YOUR property I could understand it. This was not. This thread has gone far enough, so would you mind letting us know for sure if it was a gun or actually a flashlight? I'm under the impression it was a firearm though the term flashlight was used.

Neighborhood watch needs to be brought back. It's time for people to knock it off with the politically-correct "mind your own business" attitude. A neighborhood should be a place where good neighbors watch eachother's backs. This doesn't mean vigilante justice, and it doesn't mean that you have to spy on your neighbors, but IMO the OP did exactly what I would hope my neighbor would do, and I've done the same sort of things for my neighbors in the past. It's common sense that people used to just look out for each other and their property.

You've walked up to a car a pulled a gun on someone because you didn't recognize them and thought they might steal your neighbors tv?

I love seeing bad guys get what's coming to them, but to glorify this type of behavior is crazy. You turn yourself into the bad guy and said garbage has every right to shoot you in the face in self defense.

I will help people whether they are my neighbor or not if they are in danger. If their TV is in danger, I will do what I can to gain as much evidence as possible and if that means detaining them in some manner that will have to be determined by the situation. But I will not go shove my gun in someone's face making me the aggressor turning what could have been an insurance claim into a gun fight where innocent people get put in harms way. No matter how you think a gun fight will go, there is always the chance of a stray bullet entering a home, car, whatever and hurting someone that probably wouldn't feel you did the right thing after they found out that personal property was the only thing at risk and not someone's life.

This forum seems to be filled with level headed people that have good moral values. And while I hate ghetto trash, theives, and generally anyone that takes from others or harms others. I'm finding the vibe of this thread quite disturbing.

I had to go back and read the OP, because I don't remember either he or I stating that we shoved a gun in anyone's face over a TV.

I'll have to go back a re-read. It seemed to be implied that it was a firearm in one of the posts although he called it a flashlight. If the OP would clarify that would help a lot.

Came home from work, and saw a strange car in the neighbors driveway.

The car and type of person wasnt the type this neighbor would usually entertain.

I politely (in Texas terms) let him know if he didnt leave, some blood may be left in the driveway.

Considering he shit his pants, and I don't need any legal fees, I let him drive away.

Got his plates,called the cops, and no damage to the house was done.

Cops said his plates were 2 years expired.

I'm thankful no bullets were fired, and Im sure he mistook my black flashlight for a 9mm loaded with HST pointing at his chest.

This implies that it was a 9mm as nobody would mistake a flashlight for a firearm. Plus, none of my flashlights fire bullets.

mostholycerebus

Was the first to call him out, but I thought the same thing when I read the OP. I have used the word flashlight in place of gun going along with the whatever you want to call it. If it was not a gun used, then I totally, publicly apologize. If I am interpreting this correct and it was a gun, then I stand fully behind everything I've said. On your property whatever. On someone elses with nobody even home... Reckless behavior that makes us look bad.

A couple days ago, two guys in a maroon pick-up with a big cooler in the box stopped and tried to sell me some Omaha Steaks. I hate them almost as bad as the Jehovah's that tore up my driveway during mud season, and they come around about as often.

Just so happens I was walking out the door carrying my S12 with the pup on the leash. They didn't hang around. Did I mention I live way out in the boondocks and the sound of gunfire is "everyday" common out here? No one pays attention to the sound of it.nothing.gif

• Like 1

So, a small fraction of the populace is criminal, yet the cops treat us all suspiciously, and that's ok.

But, a small fraction of police are criminals, and I am not allowed to treat them all suspiciously?

Double standards went out with whites only restaurants in the 60s.

• Like 3

I bet a thread about going to the grocery store would eventually degenerate to cop bashing on here... 010.gif

x2 I like cops. I've always wished I would have gone that route. I think it would be a very cool job. Too broken down now to get through or I would. Sure hate seeing the vids of the bad ones though. Millions of interactions with the public go unnoticed every day. But get a vid of a bad one and holy hell they are all bad.

So, a small fraction of the populace is criminal, yet the cops treat us all suspiciously, and that's ok.

But, a small fraction of police are criminals, and I am not allowed to treat them all suspiciously?

They don't treat me that way <shrug>

When every encounter could be a life ender, they need to be always on guard. Those that get complacent, get dead.

• Like 1

About a year ago we had a local see a dude breaking into his neighbors truck. Plugged him. The sheriff said thank you, case closed. I wouldn't recommend doing this but there is one less dirtbag off the street.

Last weekend a couple was sitting on a park bench down at the riverfront park during a first Friday festival. Two punks with dredlocks and black clothes walked up and asked to use his phone then said give up the money. Guy told them he didn't have any so they started beating him and his girlfriend with a aluminum baseball bat. He managed to get to the hospital before he went out. He's still in critical condition. I bet he wishes he was carrying that night.

If something looks suspicious, chances are it is. Be ready for anything.

• Like 2

Came home from work, and saw a strange car in the neighbors driveway.

The car and type of person wasnt the type this neighbor would usually entertain.

I politely (in Texas terms) let him know if he didnt leave, some blood may be left in the driveway.

Considering he shit his pants, and I don't need any legal fees, I let him drive away.

Got his plates,called the cops, and no damage to the house was done.

Cops said his plates were 2 years expired.

I'm thankful no bullets were fired, and Im sure he mistook my black flashlight for a 9mm loaded with HST pointing at his chest.

This implies that it was a 9mm as nobody would mistake a flashlight for a firearm. Plus, none of my flashlights fire bullets.

mostholycerebus

Was the first to call him out, but I thought the same thing when I read the OP. I have used the word flashlight in place of gun going along with the whatever you want to call it. If it was not a gun used, then I totally, publicly apologize. If I am interpreting this correct and it was a gun, then I stand fully behind everything I've said. On your property whatever. On someone elses with nobody even home... Reckless behavior that makes us look bad.

Thanks for the clarification John. I was wondering where you got your interpretation. I see it now. I simply read it as it was nighttime, and he had his flashlight on, like a police officer, going to investigate at the side of a car. Your intrepretation is equally valid though.

Bingo! Thanks Volita. I don't know why I could not put my finger on the right wording. We know the LEOs are generally great, and when we meet them outside the carside door, they are great, but we also see the various things on youtube for example, and we know that even being a good person, we can get f-d by one of the bad LEOs, or even an LEO who isnt so much bad, as had a bad day and is just looking to screw someone else for it.

• Like 1

As a fellow Texan, Thanks. I wish I had more neighbors like yourself.

Last weekend a couple was sitting on a park bench down at the riverfront park during a first Friday festival. Two punks with dredlocks and black clothes walked up and asked to use his phone then said give up the money. Guy told them he didn't have any so they started beating him and his girlfriend with a aluminum baseball bat. He managed to get to the hospital before he went out. He's still in critical condition. I bet he wishes he was carrying that night.

? where was this, totally haven't heard anything about this :( Is there an article you could link?

As a fellow Texan, Thanks. I wish I had more neighbors like yourself.

Hmmm... Would you say this had he been defending a neighbors TV with nobody home in the house to harm and missed just one shot that went through your wall and hit someone in your family?

If it was your neighbor's house and he had broken in or was taking stuff, you can use deadly force to stop them from robbing your neighbor, like the guy in Texas did for his neighbor with his shotgun on that 911 call. smile.png

No...when the theives stepped on to Joe Horn's properterty during the getaway, that gave Joe Horn the right to use deadly force.

That is incorrect morally and legally in every state. Property lines effect presumptions in some states, but it always comes down to whether a reasonable person in your shoes would believe a life was in immediate danger, plus your subjective belief. It has to be both. Stand your ground and castle doctrines don't give you a right to attack. They have to do with whether you have to run away if someone else attacks you, and how hard it is to prove that your belief was reasonable respectively.

I've pulled into drive ways in the middle of days to check my directions or answer the phone. would you have pulled a "flashlight" on me? My car looks pretty crappy after an elk jumped in front of it. I've got plates that are of state for you too.

• Like 2

? where was this, totally haven't heard anything about this sad.png Is there an article you could link?

Here's a link, there may be some updated links on the site..

. http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/Victims-identified-in-downtown-Augusta-attack-206278101.html

If it was your neighbor's house and he had broken in or was taking stuff, you can use deadly force to stop them from robbing your neighbor, like the guy in Texas did for his neighbor with his shotgun on that 911 call. smile.png

No...when the theives stepped on to Joe Horn's properterty during the getaway, that gave Joe Horn the right to use deadly force.

That is incorrect morally and legally in every state. Property lines effect presumptions in some states, but it always comes down to whether a reasonable person in your shoes would believe a life was in immediate danger, plus your subjective belief. It has to be both. Stand your ground and castle doctrines don't give you a right to attack. They have to do with whether you have to run away if someone else attacks you, and how hard it is to prove that your belief was reasonable respectively.

I've pulled into drive ways in the middle of days to check my directions or answer the phone. would you have pulled a "flashlight" on me? My car looks pretty crappy after an elk jumped in front of it. I've got plates that are of state for you too.

X2 Maybe it will stick better coming from you GF. Where the hell you been hiding? There's a not cycling thread that is screaming for your sig line.

? where was this, totally haven't heard anything about this sad.png Is there an article you could link?

Here's a link, there may be some updated links on the site..

. http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/Victims-identified-in-downtown-Augusta-attack-206278101.html

Thanks, and here I thought Augusta was a quiet community away from the crappy Sub-Atlanta crap