Side rail or quad rail for saiga 12?

I'm looking to put an eotech XPS2 on top of my saiga 12, so I'm wondering if I should go with a chaos quad rail or a BP02 from kalinka? What does everyone prefer? I have a UTG quad rail on it right now that I've been considering selling in order to put a better mounting option on my S12. I only use the bottom portion of the UTG rail as it is for a forward grip, so I'm thinking a side rail mount may be the ticket

Why not the side rail? It's the same price and seems a Lot easier to install

I have no experience with the CSS one, but that looks way more stable than the side mounts. There are very strong side mounts available, but they are over $100. The $35 ones are not going to be even close to the rigidity of that CSS mount inmo.

The side rail scope mount is just a contraption. It's weird and bulky and sticks out on one side and bends up and over the top. It's just a lot of metal hanging off the gun for something that can be done more simply.

And the side rail plate, I recommend that you take that off too.

Why not the side rail? It's the same price and seems a Lot easier to install

I have one. I can attest that it's not hard to install. The worst part was getting the rear sight out, and that's just because I was going very slowly with a hack saw until it was loose enough to drift out. If you can turn a screw you can instal this rail. It's also smaller, lighter and keeps the sight lower to the gun. I can't say that it is or isn't for the side mounts, I've never dealt with one, but it looks to me as if the ones that are low enough to the gun for me, would make it really awkward to take the dust cover off without removing the mount first. I could be totally wrong though, just saying that it's no where even remotely near being an issue with the CSS rail.

I'm looking to put an eotech XPS2 on top of my saiga 12, so I'm wondering if I should go with a chaos quad rail or a BP02 from kalinka? What does everyone prefer? I have a UTG quad rail on it right now that I've been considering selling in order to put a better mounting option on my S12. I only use the bottom portion of the UTG rail as it is for a forward grip, so I'm thinking a side rail mount may be the ticket

Chaos! But I'm bias, but really Chaos:)) That is if you want total kickass on your gun otherwise go with the other guy.

I really would like to go with the Chaos rail, I just wanted to keep the budget around $100. I remember the rails used to be around that price, but it looks like they've gone up...

I have a Kvar mount and it's rock solid. The side mount was originally meant for optics mounting and from using one on an AK74 and being able to nail watermelons at 500 yards, I don't know why I would use anything else. I just don't think the top UTG rail is solid enough, so that's not on the table at the moment.

Quad rails are teh ghey. IMO of course, sorry Chaos.

RS Regulate 300 series sidemount. Position it right over the receiver for good balance. An Eotech is pretty good size optic (i'm assuming it's a 512 or something?). I think that CSS rail would be better with a small holographic site like a Dr. or equivalent.

Plus the side mount is easily interchangeable with other AK's.

Just my opinion, flame away.

Edited by Mullet Man