There are lots of rifles marked 5.56 NATO which are in fact chambered for .223 as well, mainly ARs.

I don't know if you mean intentionally, or unintentionally, but I don't know that many manufacturers of complete ARs would mark a .223-chambered rifle as 5.56 NATO. On the other hand, when you buy a parts rifle there's absolutely no way to know.

Usually Shrubmaster, DPMS, and CMMG are the 3 biggest culprits of this happening a few times. Stag has done it also..
Yes, Bushhampster was one of them. I posted a chart in another thread that was compiled by someone who really knows ARs well. There were 5.56 marked rifles that had .223 chambers when actually measured. I'll try and find it when I get home.

There are lots of rifles marked 5.56 NATO which are in fact chambered for .223 as well, mainly ARs.

I don't know if you mean intentionally, or unintentionally, but I don't know that many manufacturers of complete ARs would mark a .223-chambered rifle as 5.56 NATO. On the other hand, when you buy a parts rifle there's absolutely no way to know.

Usually Shrubmaster, DPMS, and CMMG are the 3 biggest culprits of this happening a few times. Stag has done it also..
Yes, Bushhampster was one of them. I posted a chart in another thread that was compiled by someone who really knows ARs well. There were 5.56 marked rifles that had .223 chambers when actually measured. I'll try and find it when I get home.

Just go on M4Carbine.net there's a laundry shit list of this stuff

In the process of working out a deal with trade for a microtech. I am going to go shoot it next week just to see how it feels. If it should be the rifle I want i am not concerned with the speed of reloading. Practice, practice, practice. Slow is fast, fast is slow. Just have to build some muscle memory and take it from there.

I have an STG556 Geibersjager 1 of 500 and it is awesome. I switched the trigger group to the Ratworx hybrid FCG and it now is really awesome. The Ratworx FCG uses AR15 parts and it has a let off of about 2.5 lbs. Much more sensitive than standard AR triggers. Plus get the polymer ejector guard, it snaps on and off and will work right or left handed.

While watching the video I observed the shooter firing left handed and the brass ejecting pretty much into his face. Im a left, that could easily be a deal breaker.

Disregard my last statement. I just watched the video on how to convert it to left handed shooting. Deal breaker is officially gone.

While watching the video I observed the shooter firing left handed and the brass ejecting pretty much into his face. Im a left, that could easily be a deal breaker.

Disregard my last statement. I just watched the video on how to convert it to left handed shooting. Deal breaker is officially gone.

You will also want to get the Manticore brass deflector and hybrid bolt also made with AR15 parts as well as the fire control pack. These really make these really smooth working guns. www.ratworxusa.com