Should I Dip My Saiga 12

Was wanted to get everyones option about getting my S12 dip in a carbon fiber patten. I have never had anything hydro dipped before so I'm clueless about what the wear and tear would do on the coating after a couple trips to the range. Anyone have any comments or better yet pictures?... Thanks guys Peace!!

Haven't had it done yet, but I've seen various things that have been dipped. Compound bows are probably the most common. I talked with a company at a recent gun show that does it and they mentioned to cut down on the gloss, they matte clear coat it. I'm curious how it would hold up to temperature, though I've seen AR-15s dipped, including the barrels.

This is my CZ 455 Precision Trainer. It was painted with a durable base coat, then dipped in navy bdu. I cannot speak for every hydro dip services but my guy can do gloss, semi-gloss or flat like what you see here. I couldn't be happier. But how it holds up to harsh environments and usage is left to debate.

null_zps63e5077d.jpg

null_zps8c5a3a4a.jpg

null_zps017383b3.jpg

Edited by scotheocelot

I had a carbon fiber finish fabarm fp6 it looked pretty good but it wasn't dipped. All the dipped guns I've seen looked glossy and I hated them. So I say hell no.

I had a carbon fiber finish fabarm fp6 it looked pretty good but it wasn't dipped. All the dipped guns I've seen looked glossy and I hated them. So I say hell no.

You can have whatever finish that you can have with clear coat (flat, satin, gloss, whatever) because that's what it gets sprayed with after dipping. As far as the durability, probably just like a cars paint/clear. I had my guns painted and cleared with automotive product and they handle the heat just fine. They will also scratch just like a car does though, so if you want to throw it down and around, I may go with a different coating. I have not had anything dipped though, so that may hold up better/worse than paint if you were to scratch through the clear.

How much does something like that costs?

Total for my FAL furniture was $110. Turnaround was about 2 1/2 weeks. They can dip the complete weapon if you want. Prices will vary according to what and how much you are having done, and what pattern you want. BTW, there are literally dozens of different camo patterns, not counting off the wall stuff....

• Like 1

Total for my FAL furniture was $110. Turnaround was about 2 1/2 weeks. They can dip the complete weapon if you want. Prices will vary according to what and how much you are having done, and what pattern you want. BTW, there are literally dozens of different camo patterns, not counting off the wall stuff....

Can you post who did your work please? Great looking rifle! Thanks.

• Like 1

Had my STG 58 done last spring. The finish has been tough as nails and there is absolutely no gloss to it!

stgcamo2.jpg

falcamofurniture.jpg

You get that done at the place near big woods? I met them once and their work was nice and they were pretty stand up.

Was wanted to get everyones option about getting my S12 dip in a carbon fiber patten. I have never had anything hydro dipped before so I'm clueless about what the wear and tear would do on the coating after a couple trips to the range. Anyone have any comments or better yet pictures?... Thanks guys Peace!!

I think anytime I see faux-bin fiber it makes me throw up in my mouth and want to ask the person if they drive a honda with a surplus airplane wing. If you want carbon fiber, just get carbon fiber parts and not farbon kiber stickers or paint or transfer. The point of CF isn't to look fancy which in turn is really tacky, but to be light and strong. /end rant

and no dipping if done at a place that knows their shit should not be glossy if you don't want it to be, look at all the camo shotguns that are factory. my turkey gun is not gloss

Edited by Syndicate

Can you post who did your work please? Great looking rifle! Thanks.

Sure! These are the guys who did my work:

http://www.hdhydro.com/

Grant Hoskin was the person I contacted there, and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. These guys can do about anything you want, I can't reccomend them highly enough....smile.png

Edited by Jpanzer