Help, lost my Saiga 12 and 7.62x39 bolt/firing pin assembly

I can't believe this happened, but I have lost both my Saiga 12 and 7.62x39 bolt/firing pin assemblies. I've contacted Legion, they can't get it and I've contact several gun shops in my area with no luck. I sent izhmash an email, but I doubt I'll hear anything back. Does anyone know where I can get these???

Thank you!!

Phil

Long story, but I took them out to clean and my wife may have thrown them away.

Wow, that really sucks! There is a small chance of finding replacements, but they will be pricey, it seems like about once a year a Saiga 12 bolt comes up for sale, probably $175-$250, a seller can pretty much name their price. Best of luck to you, you came to the right place to look.

unless someone corrects me, a standard AKM bolt, which wouldn't be too hard to find, is the same as a SAIGA bolt, after all the S7.62 is just a sporterized AKM, now you may need to have it head spaced.

if it is different then a AKM bolt, the only people I know that have, or had, them was K-VAR, but they are out of stock.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-057R.html

as for the S12 bolt, good luck. about the only thing you can hope for is if somebody really, really FUBAR their shotgun and is selling parts off of it. or write K-VAR and see if they can even get a hold of one. if they do, I suspect it's going to cost you some major ducats

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Cue bag pipes. Sorry I hope you didn't like your saiga 12 that much. Part it out and buy a new shotgun. As for the x39 I'm pretty sure an ak bolt in that caliber could be made to work. Ask a friend that has an am to try it in yours. But you would need to check head space.

unless someone corrects me, a standard AKM bolt, which wouldn't be too hard to find, is the same as a SAIGA bolt, after all the S7.62 is just a sporterized AKM, now you may need to have it head spaced.

if it is different then a AKM bolt, the only people I know that have, or had, them was K-VAR, but they are out of stock.

iirc Saigas are based on an AK-74 style bolt and carrier so i don't think an AKM one will fit as dimensionally they are different (besides the bolt face being resized to take a 7.62x39 as opposed to 5.45).My Romanian AKM bolt and carrier will not fit my Saiga, whereas the carrier from an AK-74u will.

Edited by UKAK

I'll look around and see if I can find an AK-74u bolt.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil, an AK74-U bolt will be of no use as it will be for a 5.45x39 round.I used it as an example that a Saiga bolt and bolt carrier is based around AK-74 dimensions not AKM dimensions.I think you will need an actual 7.62x39 Saiga bolt as I don't think anything else will work.

an AK74-U bolt will be of no use as it will be for a 5.45x39 round.I used it as an example that a Saiga bolt and bolt carrier is based around AK-74 dimensions not AKM dimensions.

I'm wondering is the bolt can be modified, ie countered, to a 74 bolt dimensions? if it could, it probably will cost a very pretty penny

Maybe if you explain to your wife that unless they are found you will have to buy new guns, she will find them! My wife would NEVER throw something like that away she might come stomping into the room and ask me why it is on the table. It HAS happened before with various parts for things I was working on!

• 3 weeks later...