Took my Saiga 308 out to the range today. Unfortunately, I had only had 20 rounds of 308 (worst part is there NO more on island).

But here's my problem, I ran out of adjustment for my scope. I know to loosen the screws and adjust from there. Problem is at 100 yards, im still about 1 1/2 feet too high. And in my scope, I only see the top chevron at the very bottom (the rest of the reticle is gone from the picture). My scope is the 8x Weaver Mount POSP on the Texas Weapon System Rail Dust cover.

Any solutions? I spent some serious cash on this scope and a little frustrated I couldn't get it sighted in

I have a Romanian based AK that has the barrel bore in the trunnion drilled at a slight angle, and I couldn't get a TWS to work on that either. There may be something similar going on with your rifle. If that's the case, not sure what can be done about it. Sounds like more of that fine Izhmash quality control... Much as I am getting to hate the side rails, that may be the best way to go if you have a borked rifle.

Edit to add... Need to find one way to verify if the receiver and TWS is parallel with the bore, first of all. That's easier on a regular AK because the barrel isn't tapered under the handguard, so you can remove that and then level up the barrel, then put the level on the scope rail. Ideally if one is level, the other should be. There's probably not enough space between the gas block and front sight block for a level.

Maybe if you had one of those laser boresight chamber inserts, and use that in conjunction with a laser level. You could measure the distance between the level and the bore center, and projecting both laser beams at a wall at a known distance, you could figure out how far off it is.

It's also possible that the scope could be borked, it's Russian too.

Edited by Netpackrat

Posp scopes work best if they are the type with the integral side rail mount as that is how they are resigned to be mounted.I think the type mounts to a Weaver rail ends up positioning the scope too highly.I have got two 8x42s, one on my Dragunov and the other on my Saiga,and on both rifles the reticle sits nicely in the centre of the image.

Edited by UKAK

You're in the weird position of almost needing a 20 MOA riser backwards!

I'd hope that the manufacturer would not release a scope with an integral mount that was unintentionally that out of parallel with the axis of the optic. Maybe it's got a built-in slant for 1000 yard (or meter) shooting. That would put the POI about a meter (or yard) over the POA at 100 whatevers.