Foreign ammo imports doubled in early 2013 to meet exploding U.S. dema

The American ammo shortage has been a boon for foreign ammo makers as ammunition imports into the U.S. doubled during the first months of 2013.

According to data from the Commerce Department and the International Trade Commission, imports of ammo cartridges as well as shotguns have just about doubled during the first two months of 2013.

For the first two months of 2013, about 457 million cartridges were imported into the U.S. — more than double the amount of cartridges that were imported during the first two months of 2012. Shotgun shell imports have more than doubled as well, from 10 million during the first two months of 2012 to 24 million during the same period in 2013.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/08/foreign-ammo-imports-doubled-in-early-2013-to-meet-exploding-u-s-demand/#ixzz2Ssd8kUzG

I think the russian calibers are going to plummet due to the imports coming in. I don't think 223/308 etc will see as fast as a decline in pricing because so many americans own guns in those calibers. I've been noticing 7.62x39 has been decreasing pretty quick, and it should be sub 30 cent range soon, and 25 cents after that hopefully.