http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-jezaHzYs

Just finished testing out my Saiga 12 for the first time. Did some simple tests. Basically just seeing if the shotgun is reliable and that the parts worked that I added. Hope you get something out of this video hans.gif .

Note: This shotgun was bought in late 2012 and has three (3) unobstructed gas ports.

Edited by sweetcostarica

Pointer on your MD Arms Molot Style grip. It's way too loose which you can easily fix yourself. I'm assuming the bolt is bottoming out on a bolt on trigger guard with screw attachment. Unscrew it and take a dremel with a cutting attachment and take some length off the bolt. Start with a few threads at a time. Switch attachments to a drum sander and slightly taper the end and put it back on. That's it, nothing more too it. You may find that you didn't take enough off, just repeat the process.

Get to modding that gun man! What's next, bolt profile?

Pointer on your MD Arms Molot Style grip. It's way too loose which you can easily fix yourself. I'm assuming the bolt is bottoming out on a bolt on trigger guard with screw attachment. Unscrew it and take a dremel with a cutting attachment and take some length off the bolt. Start with a few threads at a time. Switch attachments to a drum sander and slightly taper the end and put it back on. That's it, nothing more too it. You may find that you didn't take enough off, just repeat the process.

Get to modding that gun man! What's next, bolt profile?

Thanks for the tip for the grip. I try it latter for sure.

Next is a side rail scope mount and Red Dot. Got to get the best combo.

Not sure what's happening after this but it will be fun.

UPDATE:

After a thorough cleaning I easily saw shiny places of wear on my Saiga 12. On it's rails, the bolt, the bolt carrier, etc. These wear spots were usually thinnish bright silver lines along the part.

So I think for new owner's of the Saiga 12 and most firearms in general before any work on your firearm shoot it first, check functioning, and accuracy. If the firearm works then check the wear spots and (if you want to) just polish them with Flitz or Autosol Metal Polish. No need to use a Dremel tool since the weapon is functioning correctly.

If your Saiga 12 is not working right then I suggest reading:

:IMO, the best reliability PROCESS for new owners

By GunFun

I think the CSS puck was unnecessary in my case but it was part of a reliability kit so I used it. I didn't use the reduce power recoil spring though, I used the original factory regular recoil spring just like MissBattleBorn.

In the video above I was shooting left. This is my fault, not the shotguns. I'll add a Red Dot sight and maybe a different fixed sight (below photo) to overcome my habit of shooting left.

Below Is a picture of the Saiga 12 with great sights.

post-45752-0-50765200-1368562157_thumb.jpg

Edited by sweetcostarica

Im still trying to figure out a way to clean that shit out my gas block. Looks like chrome peeling up but im sure its not. I have a css puck and as with a lot of people it was tight putting it in but it moved freely inside. Now it gets kinda stuck and unstuck on that shit peeling off. Tried solvent and brass brush but didnt help much.

Pretty good video buddy.......Why you no show face? All we got to see is crotch and gun lol.

The kid has some editing skills. Dub in some thumbin' music and you can call yourself 51% Tacticool...

51%TACTICOOL....lol pretty funny guy. Yeah it looks like he has a talent for it......looks like he's using iMovie. You should get FCPX.

Pretty good video buddy.......Why you no show face? All we got to see is crotch and gun lol.

The kid has some editing skills. Dub in some thumbin' music and you can call yourself 51% Tacticool...

51%TACTICOOL....lol pretty funny guy. Yeah it looks like he has a talent for it......looks like he's using iMovie. You should get FCPX.

No diss to you man. Like I've said before I enjoy your videos. I went as far as to look into the music you used in your Dragon's breath vid. I played it a few times just for the head bob.

To all you guys who make videos of shooting different platforms, post more! Show your face too. Gun owners shouldn't be ashamed.

One idea I'd like to do is a mag dump race between my neighbor and I. My S-12 is magwell equipped with the LRBHO and his is the standard rock-n-lock. I proposed that we each shoot 40 shells. He would have two MD-20's and I'll use 4 SGM 10 rounders. I'm not sure I could pull it off since I'd be changing mags three times to his one but it would be fun trying and producing a video of the results. We might need sweetcostarica's editing skills to "getter dun".

tinfoilhat.gif For some reason I keep getting that area in my videos. I makes me popular with the ladies but not with the men.

Another reason you see my crotch by accident (this answers your other question BLK-HWK-VET) is what I try to do every time is focus on the subject of the video and I think that means keeping my ugly mug out of it. This is all a personal choice and please no one take offense. I do like videos with the videographer's face in it too but that's just not my style.

In future I'll keep my camera not focused on the crotch area. Oh, I use a 15" Macbook Pro with iMovie (latest updated program).

Edited by sweetcostarica