Think It Thru First. Might be a very bad idea as it would be setting you up for lots of bad stuff, but with little positive stuff being rewarded. Extended family is bad enough. Close long term friends maybe....neighbors?.....dunno fur sures. Probably not. HB of CJ (old coot)

I think it's setting your self up for a stake out by local or fed police worse case. And I would really think about it. There's a plus side you get to meet up with like minded people and maybe train some.

Joining a militia...

Pros:

You are armed well, hate a tyrannical government, and love America.

You train frequently, but no where near as much as you did in the service. Plus you're older, slower, and grumpier.

You get to spend a lot of time in the woods with a bunch of fellow good ole' boys camping, fishing, shooting, and drinking.

Just joining a militia shows you've got the heart and balls to band together with like-minded freedom loving patriots, and would

look forward to UN blue helmet bowling pin shoots.

You don't have to keep your hygene up.

You actually get good training and you've got a nice group of heavily armed, survival minded preppers who, at a beckon call will form together and fight shoulder to shoulder against an enemy force, foreign or domestic, should the need arise.

You are a member of an organization that was originally a "Well Regulated" and armed group who wanted inalienable freedom from opression and tyranny, brave men who desired free will and free thinking, who had hopes and dreams, and were willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING, including their very lives, in order for all generations after them to have the free life that they gave all for.

Cons:

This government will hate you and will do everything in its power to make others hate you. They will also try to destroy you.

• Like 4

Joining a militia...

Pros:

You are armed well, hate a tyrannical government, and love America.

You train frequently, but no where near as much as you did in the service. Plus you're older, slower, and grumpier.

You get to spend a lot of time in the woods with a bunch of fellow good ole' boys camping, fishing, shooting, and drinking.

Just joining a militia shows you've got the heart and balls to band together with like-minded freedom loving patriots, and would

look forward to UN blue helmet bowling pin shoots.

You don't have to keep your hygene up.

You actually get good training and you've got a nice group of heavily armed, survival minded preppers who, at a beckon call will form together and fight shoulder to shoulder against an enemy force, foreign or domestic, should the need arise.

You are a member of an organization that was originally a "Well Regulated" and armed group who wanted inalienable freedom from opression and tyranny, brave men who desired free will and free thinking, who had hopes and dreams, and were willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING, including their very lives, in order for all generations after them to have the free life that they gave all for.

Cons:

This government will hate you and will do everything in its power to make others hate you. They will also try to destroy you.

THIS ^^^^^^!

Like any other group of people your mileage may vary. Caution in all things pays, so listen to your gut.

But not doing it because you are afraid would keep me up at night in shame.

Earlier in time, when the big fear of THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!! was at it's greatest, I had given thought of a militia, either creating or joining one. Here in left wing Orygun there actually is a militia and they "discourage" anyone else trying to organise a militia that they don't have influence over. That turned me off for two reasons; 1. the militia seemed to be made up of either wannabees or people trying to relive their glory days -- they played the game but a game it was. And 2. and here I only represent myself and my views only, imo if and when a militia type organisation would need to be activated, it would need to be made up of point focused operators who would understand that they would be operating in an all or nothing type situation, i.e. open insurrection agains't an opressive government. No militia I've come in contact with seems willing to acknowledge that fact. Just sayin.

I like the militia. The government hates us anyway, so might as well go the extra mile and say fuck you in classic fashion. A lot of people will look at them and compare them with the military. I laugh at that. They are the last line of defense and serve a great purpose.

• Like 2

Back when I lived in Texas the Texas Militia was fairly active, but not really respected. A good number of the members at the time were Vietnam Vets.

Personally, I have no problem with anyone wanting to join one, but you do become an active target for the Fed. There are enough fringe members in them that they are considered a threat, and in some cases the militias are classed as terrorist groups by the Fed.

Do your homework before deciding to join.

• Like 2

Back when I lived in Texas the Texas Militia was fairly active, but not really respected. A good number of the members at the time were Vietnam Vets.

Personally, I have no problem with anyone wanting to join one, but you do become an active target for the Fed. There are enough fringe members in them that they are considered a threat, and in some cases the militias are classed as terrorist groups by the Fed.

Do your homework before deciding to join.

Yeah...if someone wants to join a militia, sure. But it's not for me. Too many nut jobs out there. You could have 50 regulars in your group who are normal people, but if one nut job comes to one meeting then you're all seen as nut jobs.

Earlier in time, when the big fear of THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR GUNS!!!! was at it's greatest, I had given thought of a militia, either creating or joining one. Here in left wing Orygun there actually is a militia and they "discourage" anyone else trying to organise a militia that they don't have influence over. That turned me off for two reasons; 1. the militia seemed to be made up of either wannabees or people trying to relive their glory days -- they played the game but a game it was. And 2. and here I only represent myself and my views only, imo if and when a militia type organisation would need to be activated, it would need to be made up of point focused operators who would understand that they would be operating in an all or nothing type situation, i.e. open insurrection agains't an opressive government. No militia I've come in contact with seems willing to acknowledge that fact. Just sayin.

I agree that your point 1. is a snapshot of milita's today. They are loner groups that tend not to mix well with the community .

Get to know like minded people and you will have a militia without the militia. If I were the top brass, I'd make militia's dissapear into thin air just before I made the shit hit the fan.

Stealth mode my friend...

• Like 2

Well there are national groups with state divisions. You can find them via the interwebs. Many good points so far. The most important IMO is the fringes are getting really frayed. If you are attached to a know group and a nut goes off, you may find yourself in a situation.

Your better off knowing those around you that can help when the need arises.

Like someone on this board always says

Know your neighbors

I definitely see the pro's and cons. Im a mississippi boy who some how ended up to far north for my own good. However I was living in Biloxi when Katrina descided I didnt need my home any longer. We had to ban together back then just to keep fuckers from out of state sneaking in and stealing everything that was not nailed down. I do believe there is a time and place for everything.

[quote name="fffpatriot" post="900419" timestamp="

Likewise for the press. Life is short. Life is unfair. So be prepared but be careful. Pick your battles (literally).

Get to know like minded people and you will have a militia without the militia. If I were the top brass, I'd make militia's dissapear into thin air just before I made the shit hit the fan.

Stealth mode my friend...

Right on dude!

I would recommend gearing up (many sites have recommended equipment lists) whether you join one or not. If or when the time comes

you'll at least have your "stuff".

Alot of items can be found at thrift stores.

Constitutional Militias are defensive in nature so I whole-heartedly support the concept. Just put the wackos in their place or don't associate.

Network with friends and encourage them to "gear up" too.

Every able-bodied male above the age of 18 is already part of our nations un-organized militia.

My best advise would be.... Prepare for the worst and avoid scrutiny.

Edited by Sim_Player

In this past year at the same Goodwill...all items are in like-new condition.

1 set of USGI Extreme Cold Weather (tops and bottoms) ($40.00)

2 complete BDUs (woodland) ($40.00)

1 pair of combat boots (size 12) ($20.00)

1 M-65 Field Jacket (woodland), no liner ($15.00)

1 Heavy Thinsulate jacket liner ($10.00)

1 WW2 era Kbar (w/ original sheath) ($7.00)

1 "Improved" wet weather Parka (woodland) yesterdays find ($10.00)

1 USGI "Booni" cap (olive drab) ($5.00)

1 USGI Holster (fits my Beretta .45 perfect) ($7.00)

From Amazon...

1 USGI Load Bearing Vest ($10.00)

1 USGI Web belt ($10.00)

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

In this past year at the same Goodwill...all items are in like-new condition.

1 set of USGI Extreme Cold Weather (tops and bottoms) ($40.00)

2 complete BDUs (woodland) ($40.00)

1 pair of combat boots (size 12) ($20.00)

1 M-65 Field Jacket (woodland), no liner ($15.00)

1 Heavy Thinsulate jacket liner ($10.00)

1 WW2 era Kbar (w/ original sheath) ($7.00)

1 "Improved" wet weather Parka (woodland) yesterdays find ($10.00)

1 USGI "Booni" cap (olive drab) ($5.00)

1 USGI Holster (fits my Beretta .45 perfect) ($7.00)

From Amazon...

1 USGI Load Bearing Vest ($10.00)

1 USGI Web belt ($10.00)

I had a freshly retired Navy Captain show up at my house about a year and a half ago, sold me most of her seabag for $50.00, most of the stuff still has the tags, never warn and we're about the same size. I don't know the proper name for it, but I call it jungle camo, five brand new sets. Living in a military town has some advantages 032.gif

Just looking for some good info. And no Im not trying to out anyone who belongs to one. I think they serve a true purpose. If I thought there was one in MN worth joining I probably would.

There are two different kinds of militias. State militias and independent militias. One takes orders from the state which they reside and the other does not. If your state values the constitution and individual freedom, that states militia may be a good one to join. If you live in a commie state, you may want to look into an independent militia. But realize, independent militias are on the radar screen big time and will be demonized at every turn, even if their actions are for the good of america. State militias will only act in case of foreign invasion, for the most part.

Know and understand exactly what the 'line crossed to action' is. If this doesnt meet up with your personal beliefs and values, dont get involved. Do not fight for something you dont believe in.

Militias are mostly fronts for intelligence gathering. As soon as you sign up with something like Liberty Bell, Oath Keepers, M.O.M., Tea Party, your voluntary submission of personal information is used against you. Hell, the IRS just said they were sorry for auditing conservatives because of their party affiliation.

We have boat loads of spooks and fronts here in Montana. The thing they fear most are all the lone wolves they have no intel on.

Stay in shape, take care of your own. When the time comes, your communities and friends will become the militia.

Good luck!

You could also investigate joining a local gun club or see if anything like a citizens group is in your area; get a feel for what is out there. Try to get to know your neighbors, maybe you can form a neighboorhood watch or atleast have a BBQ so everyone gets to know each other. You'll find out if Ron down the road is a flaming liberal who would throw you under the bus or the Smiths are advid hunters. Talk to people.

"Her seabag"... Something you not telling us? I think there is a name for people who like to wear the opposite sex's clothing...

how's the leg? I pulled it pretty hard.

Well I haven't got to the point that Shelby Stanga has, i.e. waring her undegoodies....yet laugh.png

• Like 1