What side do you fold your stock on?

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fold left or right?

• Left
    • Right
    • I don't have a folder.

Vocka? Voka? Vockia? You know I can't speeel. Every year dispite lots of experiencesss lots of Russians die from drinking wintertime vocka. Seems they do not keep that all important little flask full of 100 octane potatoe juice close enough to their body heat.

The vocka stays liguid because it is very alcoholic in content. Duhh. Sosss, when the hearty but unsmart Russian slugs down a big swig of minus 40 vocka, it stops the heart head cold. Can not be restarted. Dead as a door nail. They flop over Dyead!!!

Little history lesson for today. Im hungry. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

My S12s fold to the left and sight rails have been removed.....I don't understand the need to put an optic on a scattergun...but to each his own. My Yugos of coarse fold under.

Hey sccritterkiller in my video on this forum you'll see I have a habit of shooting left, always have. So I'm putting a red dot sight on my Saiga 12 using the included left rail. That is also the reason I, like many other folks bought right sided folding stocks.

But like ObiWanBonJovi said: "Basically it depends on what matters most to the end user." His other reasons for right sided folders were very convincing to me but I'm a member of the choir.

Also, I too was surprised under-folding stocks were not included in this poll. They seem to be the best design for both sides of this discussion but I guess under-folders have their problems: bad cheek-weld, they get loose and wobbly over time, etc.

Note: Firing a weapon while the stock is folded I hope to never do because I do not want to miss my target and hit an innocent. Each shot I want a score on. Unless a bad guy is so close I have to shoot with a folded stock then I'll do it. I hope that is what some of you guys/gals mean when you say you want to shoot with the stock folded.

Below: Saiga 12 picture is from MadDog on the Saiga 12 Forum.

post-45752-0-45770100-1368695095_thumb.jpg

post-45752-0-79702600-1368695237_thumb.jpg

post-45752-0-42453300-1368695901_thumb.jpg

Edited by sweetcostarica

My S12s fold to the left and sight rails have been removed.....I don't understand the need to put an optic on a scattergun...but to each his own. My Yugos of coarse fold under.

Hey sccritterkiller in my video on this forum you'll see I have a habit of shooting left, always have. So I'm putting a red dot sight on my Saiga 12 using the included left rail. That is also the reason I, like many other folks bought right sided folding stocks.

But like ObiWanBonJovi said: "Basically it depends on what matters most to the end user." His other reasons for right sided folders were very convincing to me but I'm a member of the choir.

Also, I too was surprised under-folding stocks were not included in this poll. They seem to be the best design for both sides of this discussion but I guess under-folders have their problems: bad cheek-weld, they get loose and wobbly over time, etc.

Note: Firing a weapon while the stock is folded I hope to never do because I do not want to miss my target and hit an innocent. Each shot I want a score on. Unless a bad guy is so close I have to shoot with a folded stock then I'll do it. I hope that is what some of you guys/gals mean when you say you want to shoot with the stock folded.

Below: Saiga 12 picture is from MadDog on the Saiga 12 Forum.

I agree with you on shooting it from a folded position, and was also under the impression that it could, and usually does cause cycling problems if not properly shouldered. I know some people have successfully fired them "from the hip" and such, but I know that the gas system can be fickle on these.

Calls everyone on the forum stupid says "vocka potatoe" priceless.

So I guess the russians are stupid and inexperienced since their rifles all fold left?

And it's Eotech Eotech say it Eotech. Not Eoteck. Spell technology. Unless eoteck is a new brand or just the chimeras knock offs you use. And you use a red dot on a SBS and your calling anyone stupid?

• Like 1

And you use a red dot on a SBS and your calling anyone stupid?

Just read this from AK Monty. Of course no one should call anyone stupid. My parents always told me, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Healthy debate is excused because we are passionate and not trying to degrade anyone.

Anyway, I want to ask, since I see many Special Forces, Police Dept. personnel, and regular folk using Red Dots sight on their rifles & shotguns (especially at night) why this statement from AK Monty?

I truly don't understand the implication that a person using a Red Dot on a Short Barreled Shotgun (SBS) is unwise. I'm an old guy with slowly deteriorating vision and those mounted Red Dots help me out big time 029.gif .

post-45752-0-27868900-1368738803_thumb.jpg

post-45752-0-09933400-1368738815_thumb.jpg

That's right syndicate. And I said that's because HB of CJ said this thread was full of stupid people since they was Dow people that fold their stocks left. I guess he thinks the Russians are stupid as well.

And if I was running a 8-12 inch 12 ga unless I was worried about shooting slugs I think a good gold bead or maybe fiber optic tube would be just fine.

That's right syndicate. And I said that's because HB of CJ said this thread was full of stupid people since they was Dow people that fold their stocks left. I guess he thinks the Russians are stupid as well.

And if I was running a 8-12 inch 12 ga unless I was worried about shooting slugs I think a good gold bead or maybe fiber optic tube would be just fine. And Im sure I could find a better way to spen 500+ dollars on an "eoteck" on a short barrel shotgun.

And if I was running a 8-12 inch 12 ga unless I was worried about shooting slugs I think a good gold bead or maybe fiber optic tube would be just fine. And Im sure I could find a better way to spen 500+ dollars on an "eoteck" on a short barrel shotgun.

Oh, sorry. My bad.

Guys, his profile picture is the State of Alaska's flag. The location listed right under it say's Anchorage, AK.

You both leave me shaking my head in disbelief. Thanks boys, I needed the chuckle this morning...

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

My guess costa rica?

I use "sweetcostarica" on-line because I visited Costa Rica for a month in 2010 with plans of staying for a few years to teach English. But due to the Global Recession, there was less tourism and that equaled less income. So crime was very high and shootings were more frequent especially in my area of San Pedro outside of San Jose. Since I lived in the neighborhoods of my students and couldn't have a Saiga 12 I was an easy target so I decided to move to Alaska. By moving from that beautiful county maybe I was just being chicken but I now live in Anchorage as HighPlainDrifter mentioned.

In this city you'll see Moose, Porcupines, Bears, and other wildlife that you do not see in other states. You can and do see them up close and personal. There are so many interesting large parks here too. Later, I'll make some shooting videos outside of Anchorage, in the bush, so hopefully I'll get some really breathtaking views for you.

Facts about Alaska

-The name 'Alaska' is derived from the Aleut language word ' alasxaq', which means the mainland

-The economy of Alaska is mainly from petroleum extraction

-Alaska is one of the richest states in the USA

-90% of the people have firearms

-2012 Population of Alaska was 731,449 the lowest of any state

-State Sport: Dog Mushing

-A 13-year old (Benny Benson) designed the state flag

-It's the 49th State in the Union and the largest

-Alaska has

National Forests: 2

State Parks: 100+

Below are pictures of San Pedro, Costa Rica

post-45752-0-92862200-1368814700_thumb.jpg