legion usa saiga

I am looking at the pictures from Dadio42 on the topic of " IZ-433 magwell question" right now, and his SGM vs. Legion factory is just like mine. If you look at the pics you will notice that the LRBHO sits over the shell on the SGM. Also, note the relation of the front of the shell into the receiver, It is also sitting to far back. I think this is the problem. I removed the LRBHO and when I cycle the rounds they get hung up on the rim of the shell causing it to bend and keeps the bolt from cycling back.

I have the Legion 433 (not the a model).

I bought the SGM 12 rounder from the e-store that was designated for this gun bearing in mind it will not work in the a model. The magazine does not work in this particular Legion. I held the SGM 12 rounder next to the mag that came with the gun and you can see a big difference. Although the SGM will snap into place it sits further back towards the trigger. The LRBHO sits over the shells about a 1/4", way to much to bend out of the way. In doing my research the LRBHO was machined too long and can be tweeked for some models and will work, but not in mine. I removed the LRBHO altogether and it will not cycle. For the SGM mag to work I would have to remove material from the front of the mag and add material to the back. I spoke to SGM and was told that their mags would be a hit or miss in the 433. They made a production run of mags based on one gun sent from Legion. Since then Legion has made some modificactions to the 433 magwell. I also spoke with Greg at CSS about the SGM mag as well as some VEPR mags possibly working. Again, hit or miss. My guess is there is a range of serial numbers for the 433 that the SGM mag will work. My next step is to get with Legion and see what mags will work with my serial number. I also will probaly send one of the factory 4 round mags (yes 4 rounds, it came with three mags) to CSS so he can do a side by side comparison with the Molot and SGM Vepr mags to see if one might work. Other than this issue the Legion 433-030 with the magwell, self regulating gas system and factory mags works flawlessly with any shells that I put in it.

Thanks for the info. Pics would help.