Ok, I have been searching and searching for weeks. I went through my bullpup phase and my ar phase, and now I'm looking at the socom II. I have seen plenty of them with the pistol grip, quad rail and 16 inch barrel and it really looks sweet. Sadly, the fucking things are more expensive then a brand new TAVOR. What the hell. I may just bite the bullet, sell my AK for 7-900 and throw down the remaining 1100 and get the freaking Tavor. What do you think is a more viable and flexible platform. The socom or the tavor?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd rather buy the Tavor even though there arnt any spare parts for them yet.

There is all kinds of things wrong with the SA M1 starting with the biggest......NO GI parts what so ever.

There is all kinds of things wrong with the SA M1 starting with the biggest......NO GI parts what so ever.

Untrue except in the case of M1A's of recent mfg. SA has used commercial parts in their M1A's since 1977 but for the majority USGI parts were used. SA's USGI parts were exhausted several years ago and they now subcontract parts mfg'ed from Korea to Taurus(Brazil) IIRC.

These pictured, including a super match, natl.match and standard including the SOCOM are all USGI as far I can tell. The original SOCOM brake/gas lock have been replaced with Smith Mfg. setup.

f2da5a9f-57b4-4c41-b829-863b61158446_zps

Edited by U.S Praetorian

Here is my SOCOM. It is a beast to hump but the sage stock free floats the barrel and beds the action as well.

775048ba-a92b-4ccd-8934-6f309320d692_zps

Nice looking rifle I have a socom 16 in 308 and I love it. you can shhot it all day and still feel your shoulder the next day. what kind of scope you have on that bad boy ?

Untrue except in the case of M1A's of recent mfg. SA has used commercial parts in their M1A's since 1977 but for the majority USGI parts were used. SA's USGI parts were exhausted several years ago and they now subcontract parts mfg'ed from Korea to Taurus(Brazil) IIRC.

These pictured, including a super match, natl.match and standard including the SOCOM are all USGI as far I can tell. The original SOCOM brake/gas lock have been replaced with Smith Mfg. setup.

f2da5a9f-57b4-4c41-b829-863b61158446_zps

Yes. I assume he was talking about the new ones