Law Tactiical AR folding atock adapter for MKA Firebird Lower

Anyone ever put a Law Tactical AR 15 folding stock adapter on there firebird or AR lower Lower? Was thinking on getting one for my firebird lower to help aid in storage and dissembling the lower from the upper.....

I'm sure it would work, but seems expensive and overkill for the MKA since there's no need for a buffer retention system. As for disassembly I could see the usefulness of the hollow rear section of the LAW ( reciever side), but I think we'd be better served with an improved buffer tube castle nut (since mil-sec castle nuts tend not to handle disassembly very well after a few times).

I'm sure it would work, but seems expensive and overkill for the MKA since there's no need for a buffer retention system. As for disassembly I could see the usefulness of the hollow rear section of the LAW ( reciever side), but I think we'd be better served with an improved buffer tube castle nut (since mil-sec castle nuts tend not to handle disassembly very well after a few times).

I agree, somewhat over kill and yes very expensive!...I'm going to give it a try

anyway...Should make cleaning so much quicker and I can always use the room

in my firebird stock buffer tube for storage....

wow um... just wow.

seems like you are going to pay wayyyyyyyyyyy to much to use that on an mka when there are all ready some folding mechs for ar stocks that have been adapted onto other weapon systems.

Everything I have seen, seems so Bulky and not as aesthetically pleasing!....What would you use?

Edited by duggr

I bought an US Machine folding stock adapter for my incoming Faxon ARAK. There's no slop side to side, some movement up and down. There is a small hole in the middle of where the buffer would go (to vent air ?) on the section that attaches to the reciever. I'm sure this could be bored out to access the rear reciever bolt of the MKA.

I bought an US Machine folding stock adapter for my incoming Faxon ARAK. There's no slop side to side, some movement up and down. There is a small hole in the middle of where the buffer would go (to vent air ?) on the section that attaches to the reciever. I'm sure this could be bored out to access the rear reciever bolt of the MKA.

Are these made of steel?

How thick is the hinge pin?

Thanks

The assembly is aluminum, pin is aproximately 1/4 inch probably hardened steel.

After taking a good look at the assembly, even if you bored out the receiver side of the hinge you still wouldn't be able to access the upper receiver bolt to separate it from the lower receiver.

Edited by snwbrdrcr

Here's another aluminum hinge, at half that price: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002TUSDQ2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1368756968&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

I'd buy a steel version, but not for $200.

I have a Bonesteel folding stock on my Saiga, it is a high quality folder. They only make a flash hider for AR's though.

Edited by Mr.BlahX3

Min LOP looks massive

11" end of receiver to end of but stock...

Feels like the original lower assembly dimensions.

You might want the adjustable blade stock for tactical

Situations... I mostly target shoot....

I didn't know Pontiac was making shotguns now...oh wait thats errr ummm fire...........oops.gif018.gifbiggrin.png

20130517_173129_zpsb8196aff.jpg

I wonder If Burt Reynolds has one tucked away in the trunk of a 77 T/A S.E.021.gif

I like the inscription when it's folded "DO NOT FIRE"...Too funny.

Does it lock when folded over ?

Looks like good access to the bolt for the stock.

You can fire the MKA with the stock folded though...

It doesn't lock when folded but has an tension screw that you

can tighten so the stock will stay in it's folded position when

upside down...Just grab the stock and fold it back to lock into the ready position..

Yes it has good access to the upper and lower screw

and you can use the stock tube for storage if you have

a plastic water tight match holder or something that would

fit into the buffer tube area of the stock

ah ok that isn't that long, the shape gives it the illusion.

I favor a real short LOP on shotguns and a pretty short one considering I'm 6'3" and my gorilla arms lol

Ah! well I'm only 6' and have only chimpanzee arms....wink.png

arms

• Like 1

I didn't know Pontiac was making shotguns now...oh wait thats errr ummm fire...........oops.gif018.gifbiggrin.png

20130517_173129_zpsb8196aff.jpg

Dude we get it, don't have to thrash up threads because you don't like a companies logo, it's fucking America they put whatever the fuck they want on their product. Guess what if you make something and have a logo, go nuts... Seriously it's getting old. I like you SM, you're a cool guy with great taste in knives, but the perma bitching about the logo thing is really annoying.

ah ok that isn't that long, the shape gives it the illusion.

I favor a real short LOP on shotguns and a pretty short one considering I'm 6'3" and my gorilla arms lol

Ah! well I'm only 6' and have only chimpanzee arms....wink.png

arms

HAHA good one.

The firebird logo doesn't bother me, but personally would have used the same size logo thats on the stock so they could have enough room for lettering
above and below that said Firebird Precision.

Edited by duggr

Dude we get it, don't have to thrash up threads because you don't like a companies logo, it's fucking America they put whatever the fuck they want on their product. Guess what if you make something and have a logo, go nuts... Seriously it's getting old. I like you SM, you're a cool guy with great taste in knives, but the perma bitching about the logo thing is really annoying.

aww, easy now, just havin a little fun. no need to get yer panties all in a bunch. Just livein'n things up a bit. It's not like I'm taking about his family

or anything, it's a piece of inatimate metal. And it's fucking America, we still have free speech.

Everytime I see that trans- am logo I just can't help myself but crack a joke. I got alot more, so prepare yourself.biggrin.png just jokes, nothing to get all bent over.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH