NEW REDESIGNED disconnector and Hammer

its funny that someone complains because they think something their company produced was copied .... Look at ar 15 and 1911's for instance. So many companies make these yet they all look about the same. This is just another reason why I will NEVER buy a firebird product

I am new to the forum and to the MKA. I've started the process of planning the replacement of the hand guard, trigger group, and the stock conversion.

Here's my take - I sent Firebird an email through their website on 5/8 inquiring about their parts and how to order. Today is 5/16 and they have not responded.

I sent an email to Matt of T&N on 5/7 at 9:14 pm, and had a response on 5/8 at 8:14 am.

So where one didn't even have the common courtesy to respond to a customer who wants to spend several hundred dollars, one responded very quickly. I don't care about Internet egos or whether some low level employee spouts off behind the protective curtain of this forum, but this is why I'll be spending my money with T&N. They actually know how to run a business.

And their website actually works....

Agreed. Why would Firebird even post on T&N's product threads? Jim really needs to put a muzzle on Anubis. How many "timeouts" will it take?

More fodder:

I've never seen a Tooth & Nail waiting list. Ain't nobody got time fo that!

Actually the fact that more and more people are willing to get on the list proves that they've got the time for it.

Agreed. Why would Firebird even post on T&N's product threads? Jim really needs to put a muzzle on Anubis. How many "timeouts" will it take?

More fodder:

Actually the fact that more and more people are willing to get on the list proves that they've got the time for it.

O LARD GEEZUS, IT'S A FARR!

Edited by Yeeb

More fodder:

O LARD GEEZUS, IT'S A FARR!

LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL

More fodder:

Being in the manufacturing world myself, I see it as a sign of weakness that they can't keep up with such low numbers. Not sure what the cause might be. Could be lack of equipment, planning, man power, machine programming skill, etc.

And since 3Gun season has already started, who wants to test new gear mid-season?

AR-12 Shotgun-

Dude, the demand is there, the list is growing, people are ordering parts that they know are of high quality. "Being in the manufacturing world" as you may be, you must be aware that it is easier to make products of a lower quality. That's why convenience stores were created. Hell, you can get whatever you want through a drive-up window these days. Stick with the cheap stuff if that suits you, the demand speaks for itself. I think what has happened is that we are starting to compare apples to oranges, Hyundais to Ferraris, Big Macs to Prime Rib...and there is a market for both ends of the scale...right?

Firebird never has, nor never will, sell a product with the sole purpose of turning-a-buck.

That, my friends, is the bottom line.

Edited by The Shop Monkey

AR-12 Shotgun-

Dude, the demand is there, the list is growing, people are ordering parts that they know are of high quality. "Being in the manufacturing world" as you may be, you must be aware that it is easier to make products of a lower quality. That's why convenience stores were created. Hell, you can get whatever you want through a drive-up window these days. Stick with the cheap stuff if that suits you, the demand speaks for itself. I think what has happened is that we are starting to compare apples to oranges, Hyundais to Ferraris, Big Macs to Prime Rib...and there is a market for both ends of the scale...right?

Firebird never has, nor never will, sell a product with the sole purpose of turning-a-buck.

That, my friends, is the bottom line.

So why not let your products speak for themselves instead of engaging in an on-line pissing match?

I haven't done the math, but judging by the WAITING list, it appears that Firebird can only produce 1-2 lowers per day. So regardless of quality, they are still lacking in equipment, man power, planning, program skill, etc. The fact that the WAITING list is growing and production isn't shows that they don't have the manufacturing muscle to fully support the growing demand this platform will require.

One minute you've got waiting lists and have employees throwing their weight around just because you're the only show in town. So what happens when your not exclusive anymore? That's what you have to ask yourself. All it will take is someone with the entrepreneurial drive and some money to contract for example a huge OEM AR lower manufacturer like Areo Precision to start cranking out forged lowers. That's why public relations are huge, especially with a small business.

• Like 1

I haven't done the math, but judging by the WAITING list, it appears that Firebird can only produce 1-2 lowers per day. So regardless of quality, they are still lacking in equipment, man power, planning, program skill, etc. The fact that the WAITING list is growing and production isn't shows that they don't have the manufacturing muscle to fully support the growing demand this platform will require.

I dont like to respond to people who hide behind an avatar, and will not even show their own name on a forum.

To be clear, the orders of TAC-12 lowers allotted to the public as on this forum is only a small piece of total production.

And production was delayed by some time to insure the patents were bullet proof.

Sorry to have to respond on this thread

Jim

I dont like to respond to people who hide behind an avatar, and will not even show their own name on a forum.

To be clear, the orders of TAC-12 lowers allotted to the public as on this forum is only a small piece of total production.

And production was delayed by some time to insure the patents were bullet proof.

Sorry to have to respond on this thread

Jim

Wow thanks for the personal attack. I thought it was just Anubis, but I stand corrected. For the record I am not hiding behind an avatar. Just too dumb to figure out how to do anything with this forum on my iPhone.

If the forum list is only part of production, who is getting all the lowers? I'd be ticked if I paid big money to claim a spot on a list and then find out that the lowers were going elsewhere. Keep up the great business practices. They truly are bullet proof.

• Like 1

What, like your employees who have continuously picked a fight on here with avatar usernames? One of which was apparently somewhat libelous (post was later removed) in its accusation that a competitor copied a product of your's?

Well Jim, my real name is Tom, and I emailed you over a week ago to inquire about purchasing your products, and no one from your company has responded. Your competition responded the next morning. He wants to sell, you apparently don't.

Please pick up a copy of: “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. There's a PR problem brewing at your company, with a few purported employees on this forum who must not understand the meaning of professional maturity.

Granted some of the things said have been rough - people have attacked your products, your logo, etc. but such is the nature of a forum - you guys should be big enough to not react.

Maybe a good policy for your guys is "no social media".

Kinda of nasty for someone with just 4 posts. I am all for telling the facts, but maybe another path would be more constructive.

I don't feel the need to post every time I have a thought, like some do. I do a lot of lurking, observing, and felt the need to let Jim know that he may be losing customers by not responding to inquiries, and also by his own employees' big mouths.

Sorry if what I said is nasty - or are you over sensitive?

Kinda of nasty for someone with just 4 posts. I am all for telling the facts, but maybe another path would be more constructive.

I don't feel the need to post every time I have a thought, like some do. I do a lot of lurking, observing, and felt the need to let Jim know that he may be losing customers by not responding to inquiries, and also by his own employees' big mouths.

You are correct

I have not been able to check all the email I get.

That is why we ask people to call for info or orders.

Some people know I am a law enforcement officer, last week I was on duty for about 50 hrs.

About 20 hrs so far this week This is time I volunteer to serve my community at no pay.

The rest of my time is used programing and running machines or building guns.

That leaves about no time for email.

We answer the phone 10 hrs a day in most cases seven days a week

I cant do much more than that

Jim

• Like 1

I'm not over sensitive...but don't push too hard...you may not like the result. Go back to lurking, seems you are good at that.

Hey don't know if anyone has heard but Tooth and Nail has just finished a complete redesign of the hammer/disconector.

It is Smooooooth and should be up on their site soon.

032.gif032.gif032.gif

Really? That's awesome! They should create a thread about it but I'm sure some prick would be along to trash it. Edited by JeremyT