NEW REDESIGNED disconnector and Hammer

We have just finished a complete redesign of the hammer/disconector , to add to our fire control group. It is Smooooooth

Also eliminates the hard spot you feel when cycling the action slowly, action is smooth as butter through the whole stroke, also there is no slack in the trigger, breaks crisp.

The only bad side, it WILL NOT work with our earlier trigger/disconectorsad.png , we will however make a disco/hammer deal for those who bought one034.gif

Should be up one our site soon.

Also several MORE new products as well

We have just finished a complete redesign of the hammer/disconector , to add to our fire control group. It is Smooooooth

Also eliminates the hard spot you feel when cycling the action slowly, action is smooth as butter through the whole stroke, also there is no slack in the trigger, breaks crisp.

The only bad side, it WILL NOT work with our earlier trigger/disconectorsad.png , we will however make a disco/hammer deal for those who bought one034.gif

Nice. I would like to see a spring set come out to image the trigger, I may upgrade to your parts from the us metal copies for 922r.

Is that the hammer on your site?

How is that one better than the one that came with my adkal 1919?

RK

RK

Taken from the T&N site on the trigger

http://www.toothandnailarmory.com/product/TN035.html

"Drop in trigger , includes trigger, ALL NEW springs, disconnector, pins, hammer bushing/spacers , extra power hammer spring. Comes assembled with blind pin, EASY install. Counts as 2 US made parts Pull weight is 6lb 9oz VS 8lb 12oz (factory) averaged over 10 pulls"

I got a Tromix trigger but haven't installed it yet because I want to do a hammer at the same time. Will your hammer work with other trigs or would I need to get the whole kit from T&N?

Yes it's designed for the MKA, unless it's a conversion set for AR15 parts, IE what firebird offers (which I'm not sure of compatibility with stock design FCG parts)

I have Tromix FCG parts and the hammer that CSS carries,

Edited by Syndicate

RK

"Drop in trigger , includes trigger, ALL NEW springs, disconnector, pins, hammer bushing/spacers , extra power hammer spring. Comes assembled with blind pin, EASY install. Counts as 2 US made parts Pull weight is 6lb 9oz VS 8lb 12oz (factory) averaged over 10 pulls"

I got a Tromix trigger but haven't installed it yet because I want to do a hammer at the same time. Will your hammer work with other trigs or would I need to get the whole kit from T&N?

Yes it's designed for the MKA, unless it's a conversion set for AR15 parts, IE what firebird offers (which I'm not sure of compatibility with stock design FCG parts)

No, seriously, does that answer my question?

I admit I am new to all this, (the Adkal is my only firearm), but I just wanted to know why I would buy one product over an other or if it was actually an improvement over the factory offerings.

So call me "the dumbest motherfucker in the room" if you must but at least answer the FUCKING question!

RK

No, seriously, does that answer my question?

I admit I am new to all this, (the Adkal is my only firearm), but I just wanted to know why I would buy one product over an other or if it was actually an improvement over the factory offerings.

So call me "the dumbest motherfucker in the room" if you must but at least answer the FUCKING question!

Pull weight is 6lb 9oz VS 8lb 12oz (factory) averaged over 10 pulls

Extra power hammer spring

Counts as 2 US made parts

Also, that quote is part of his signature...not directed at you.

the trigger has less poundage in the pull so it's lighter. So yes the trigger is going to feel a lot better and is generally looked at favorably and as an improvement. That is an answer to the question. I'm sorry, but I didn't see the introduction you made where you explained this was your first and only firearm. I don't suddenly know people's experience levels with firearms via osmosis.

I'm not part of tooth and nail and was just trying to help and showing you what his site said and where I got it from so you wouldn't think I was pulling info out of my ass.

That's my signature, it's a joke, and you weren't doing anything entitled or elitist so ya.

We have made changes to BOTH the hammer and disconnector, niether will work without the other. It will only be sold as a complete set , for those who bought our earlier version, we will make provisions for them to upgrade if they wish.

We have made changes to BOTH the hammer and disconnector, niether will work without the other. It will only be sold as a complete set , for those who bought our earlier version, we will make provisions for them to upgrade if they wish.

Excellent, so it's another redesigned and improved part for the MKA, good stuff. I as thinking it is the springs that were accounting for the poundage reduction. So I bet with this design and some tinkering even more reduction can be had? IE spring set replacements like an AR FCG.

OK, now I'm clear too.

Since I can't seem to find a hammer anywhere I guess I'll sell the Tromix stuff and get the new T&N set. That way I get the 3 (hammer, trigger, disconnector) 922r parts I'm after even if the T&N site says it's only 2. I mean after all, if a trigger and disconnector counts as 2 and a hammer is on the list and counts as 1 I think that makes 3.

OK, now I'm clear too.

Since I can't seem to find a hammer anywhere I guess I'll sell the Tromix stuff and get the new T&N set. That way I get the 3 (hammer, trigger, disconnector) 922r parts I'm after even if the T&N site says it's only 2. I mean after all, if a trigger and disconnector counts as 2 and a hammer is on the list and counts as 1 I think that makes 3.

It does count as 3. We must have missed that when we updated the product page.

With a little polishing more can be reduced from the trigger pull. As well as a shorter reset.

The biggest difference between our hammer and the factory hammer is we reduced the weight of the hammer down low but increased the weight up top. This gives the hammer more inertia to strike the firing pin. We also reduced the angle of the point where the hammer contacts the bolt carrier making the gun cycle easier. Hope this clears up some of the questions.

My apologies for not going into the mechanics of the hammer for all the readers here. Personally I didn't find it necessary.

Please explain to me how we are to copy something that we have never held nor seen? Did you ever think that maybe just maybe someone other than Firebird is doing some R&D on this firearm? Do you think you are the only company who knows how to draw stuff on a CAD program, make it, test it, change it and bring it to the level needed for production? Quite frankly you don't have a clue what we do here. You have never been here to see our machines. You have never spoken to us other than talking down to us on this forum. So please explain to me how you know us so well that you would know that we don't do any R&D for ourselves. I laugh at your comment about unproffessional attitude because we have never slandered your products here or to anyone. We keep our opinions to ourselves like professionals do. Unlike yourself who feels that it is necessary to tear down the companies who are in direct competition with you.

I am not really sure where we have ever stated our products are superior to anyone's. If there was a time please point that out to me. Also I am not sure where you think we have bad mouthed any company in this business. We have no hard feelings towards firebird regardless of the constant barrage of negativity on this forum. We have sent customers your way simply because we did not offer the product or service they wanted.

As far as the detailed pictures of similar products who cares. Just because a product looks the same does not mean it is exactly alike. Not one product we make is a copy of another companies. Maybe you don't understand the concept of designing a product to fit around a current platform. Of course they are going to be similar in design because you only have certain constraints to work with. I don't see shoe companies complaining when another shoe company comes out with a shoe that fits the same foot.

If you have had correspondence with our customers about problems it is because they never contacted us with the issue. Any issue that has been brought to us has been resolved.

The individual who this post was directed at has spent ample time reading this and has had the time to understand it. Therefore I am deleting it.

Looks like somebody got put in timeoutcry.gif

• Like 2

its funny that someone complains because they think something their company produced was copied .... Look at ar 15 and 1911's for instance. So many companies make these yet they all look about the same. This is just another reason why I will NEVER buy a firebird product

This thread reminded me of a topic on Arfcom about a vendor that was abusive publicly to a customer for all to see on the forum.

Heres a snippet of Aimless's post (Arfcom moderator) who banned the offender:

"There used to be a joke that the best way to get kicked off the site was to be friends with me. It seemed like every weekend I was off the site, or if I got busy with work some friend of mine would be calling or e mailing saying the other staff kicked them off. I would come back to go to bat for them and usually find that they had been abrasive dumbasses while I was gone. Now these are guys I would be perfectly happy having over to my house for dinner with my family, but some people when they get a keyboard in front of them let their inner jerk loose."

Now I'm not saying anybody get banned. Just that folks need some restraint otherwise things just seem to go full retard way to quickly.

Just so everone here knows I have products from both companies in question, and have received stellar service from both vendors.

Jim from Firebird and Matt from T&N have been pretty respectful if not gentlemen like in their posts in this forum.

Chris on the other hand , well not so much.

As a consumer your occasional tirades turn my stomach and reflects poorly on your employer even though he's not directly involved. For, example there was a thread where a member inquired about the length of the two different Firebird stocks, but instead of just telling him the specs you essentially belittled him and told him to visit your site. Luckily for the member with the question The Shop Monkey posted the information.

Truly Chris if you think that Firebird's intellectual property and designs are being ripped off, that needs to be handled between Jim and Matt. Hell this is America you can always sue!

Now before you decide to flame on me, I have no loyalties to either company. I'm just tired of the juvenile bullsh@t.

That is all. A consumer.

• Like 1