Cerakoting Vepr

I am probably looking at cerakoting my vepr after some cleaning chemicals damaged the finish a bit. Not a huge issue, but will probably get this re-coated in a few months.

There are a few challenges - One, I have a perm attached brake and so I can't have it completely disassembled as would be ideal. Two, there are some very light etchings with markings on them - such as F/S markings as well as others.

Anyone that has re-coated their Vepr, let me know how the F/S markings faired through the process and anyone know of Cerakote shops that will work around the fact that I can't remove the brake/disassemble the related parts - barrel, brake, hand-guard retainer, etc.

Any markings, unless they are laser etched, will still exist afterward so no worries there.

As for the perm break, if you want it done they will just dowel the barrel so nothing gets inside it, but if you do not want it done they will tape it off during spray so that it does not get on it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...