M92 w/stormwerks rail and Ronin take down range report w/sparc

Ok so the range report, with me being the dumbass that forgets to save targets and get pics :(

Anyhow the big question How well does the optic retain zero on the Yugo krink dust cover?

100% I flipped it up and down and wobbled it 10 times.

When I pulled the dust cover off using the ronin pin I had to make some windage adjustments and a few clicks of elevation, overall, way better than I expected. The Sparc is small enough that I don't have to remove the dust cover for maintenance anyway, but while I'm still adding parts and doing some light metal work on the receiver, it's nice being able to pop it off and put it aside and away from the metal shavings.

I'm super impressed with the sparcs performance, thanks all for the recommendations on it. I have not used the 2x magnifier on it yet, but plan to soon.

I can't say how much I love this gun, it's super fun to shoot.

• Like 1

now if I could figure out why there isn't enough elevation adjustment, it's just about all the way down, I hope the dot doesn't have to move down any farther, I took the spacer out and that helped a bit, maybe I should rezero and move the sight farther forward since the dust cover is angled upward toward the rear. Iunno I'll figure something out, or since it's from Cabellas I emailed them my concerns and they said I could return it and find something else if need be or try a second one.

It's not my fault! huh.png

biggrin.png

lol

Cool thanks.

Did you do anything to hold down your dust cover?

I brought it out again today and the groups were inconsistent at best this time around. So I'm wondering if I should put some set screws in possibly.

Cool thanks.

I brought it out again today and the groups were inconsistent at best this time around. So I'm wondering if I should put some set screws in possibly.

No. I did not need to. The 5.45 krink as well as these 2 M92's were made by Jayson Cotter from IGF and when closed the top covers don't move, they are solid. Not like an AK.

d0d3d764-6b2b-4776-ac15-a7a26314db3d_zps

IMG_0595_zps17f6b1a1.jpg

Cool thanks.

No. I did not need to. The 5.45 krink as well as these 2 M92's were made by Jayson Cotter from IGF and when closed the top covers don't move, they are solid. Not like an AK.

d0d3d764-6b2b-4776-ac15-a7a26314db3d_zps

IMG_0595_zps17f6b1a1.jpg

So perhaps the OP could weld onto the bottom of the back edge of his dust cover then file it back until he has a super tight fit?

or honey comb shade lol

I don't need another acronym :P

Sorry...just trying to help. You won't find it in a search at optics planet for a "sparc honey comb shade" or "vortex SPARC honey comb shade". However, you will find exactly what your looking for if you search for a "sparc kill flash" or "sparc ARD" :P Edited by raidersfan_5544

or honey comb shade lol

I don't need another acronym tongue.png

Sorry...just trying to help. You won't find it in a search at optics planet for a "sparc honey comb shade" or "vortex SPARC honey comb shade". However, you will find exactly what your looking for if you search for a "sparc kill flash" or "sparc ARD" tongue.png

Just playing with ya hehe

• 1 month later...

I used the MI quadrail to mount my sparc on the M92. I don't trust dust cover rails. Plus the quadrail gives me a place to mount the afg.

I do have a killflash but I only used it once and took it off. It reduces light transmission more than I like. It's fine in daylight but in dim conditions it's too much. I'm not convinced of the need for a killflash on a dot anyway. I just bought it cause it was tacticool. :lol: