http://www.tothtool.com/Firing-Pins_c_7.html

The guy at the above site is already making firing pins for PSLs and standard AKs. Everybody with a .308 should contact him and ask him to start making pins for the .308 in order to convince him that a worthwhile market for them exists.

Edit to add: In addition to asking him about .308 pins, I also asked him to consider making the spring loaded pins for the VEPR. It seems to be common for those to break at the tab that retains the spring, and no replacements are available.

Edited by Netpackrat
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

http://www.tothtool.com/Firing-Pins_c_7.html

The guy at the above site is already making firing pins for PSLs and standard AKs. Everybody with a .308 should contact him and ask him to start making pins for the .308 in order to convince him that a worthwhile market for them exists.

Edit to add: In addition to asking him about .308 pins, I also asked him to consider making the spring loaded pins for the VEPR. It seems to be common for those to break at the tab that retains the spring, and no replacements are available.

I know this is sort an post but I remembered seeing it. anyway I just stumbled on these guys , I don't know anything about them but them but figured I post it back in your thread. They say "If you have a Firing Pin we can make it" so that may work for you. Let me know what you think, I'd like to pickup a

Titanium spare myself

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have the "follow this post" enabled so that was the reason delayed reply. It was just a general question, I was just wondering if you (or the other S12 member)s thought they are worth investing in for spares or is that overkill?

If somebody would make a decent quality .308 specific pin I would buy a spare or two. I keep spare pins for my 7.62x39 AKs and have had to install one in mine, and one in my brother's rifle due to the ends becoming peened over (more fine Romanian QC). But the spares I bought are of Polish manufacture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...