I know it's an odd ball question, but reading Remek's thread about M-1 Carbines, and if people like shooting them, I started to think I haven't met a gun I didn't like. I know my experience is not as extensive as many on the forum, but I've yet to shoot a gun that I didn't enjoy.

So, what gun don't you like?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 10 gauge Derringer pistol with one inch barrel.

Hate shooting my Walther G22. Feels like shooting a super soaker. I want to sell it, but for some reason my wife likes to shoot it and claimed it as hers.

An empty one

Posted Images

The only two guns I ever hated to shoot because they kicked like mule's were a S&W 500 revolver and an old Brit .303 Enfield Jungle carbine. I like to shoot a lot of rounds, neither of those were guns I enjoyed doing that with.wet_eyes.gif

I had a sears single break open .20 ga that had a hammer. Sucked to shoot. Worthless in follow up and kicked like a .10 ga it was so light.

Hated shooting my dads .357 mag (uncomfortable and only 5 round).

I have a beautiful and great 7mm Mauser but just not much for shooting a lot of rounds. Kicks like a mule, too expensive to burn through shells. Great for large deer/elk etc but its not a shooter, it's a hunter.

But I see the point, it's hard to find a gun you don't like to shoot.

I haven't had a problematic gun, but that's what I fear the most -- FTF, FTE, stovepipe, double feeds, etc.

I don't like shooting Glocks.

I used to hate this side by side .410 I had, break was a bitch and the stock was so narrow it was like someone was slammed a cutting board into your shoulder at 50 mph, weighed about nothing. To this day I have no idea how I can shoot a 150 slug/buck out of my 12ga, and then go do 4 full sporting clays rounds and 4 trap and it not bother me like that .410 did. I guess improper design is always going to be a bitch? Of course the hand loads we made for it were as heavy and as strong as possible also *shrugs*

I had a Beretta 92 in .40 that shot ok, but was a pd trade and it was so shot out it would keyhole at 50 feet, so ya heh, needless to say my opinion of Beretta handguns is overly bias for all the wrong reasons.

My first Model 12, which I'll NEVER sell. Black diamond trap model from 1918-1922 era, used to LOVE it, but now with my shoulder probs it kills me to work it, I just don't have the heart to cut on it, fixing the LOP would probably help.

Shot a alloy framed 327 mag and that bitch would snap like no tommorrow, sure there are worse out there but I still have yet to figure why anyone would want an alloy framed snub nose magnum revolver.

everything other than that has been gravy, if it goes boom generally I like!

Edited by dashowdy

Savage Fox Model B, side-by-side 16ga & Colt Buntline Scout. They were my Grandfather's and Great-Grandfather's, respectively. Not a thing wrong with either of them but I don't want anything to happen to them. They get inspected, oiled, and wiped down with silicone a couple times a year and left the hell alone after that.

Beyond the sentimental side of things, I had a S&W Sigma .40 that I didn't really care for. It wasn't bad once you got used to it, but follow-up shots sucked. Other than that, I've rarely come across a weapon that I could say I didn't care to shoot at all.

Most ARs, because they just don't feel good to me, and a PTR-91 with a collapsing stock like below, no matter how I held it it felt terrible, and the normal stock isn't that great since it puts my nose right on the hump.

ptr2.jpg

Edited by JoeAK
  • Like 1

I had a S&W 360PD which is an 11 oz snub nose, Scandium alloy frame & Titanium cylinder that shot full power 357 mag rounds. I've never shot a gun I didn't want to shoot again until I bought this. It was sold a month or two later.

• Like 1

I had a S&W 360PD which is an 11 oz snub nose, Scandium alloy frame & Titanium cylinder that shot full power 357 mag rounds. I've never shot a gun I didn't want to shoot again until I bought this. It was sold a month or two later.

This is the gun I was about to post. Shot one last month. Never again.

This is the gun I was about to post. Shot one last month. Never again.

Sweet little gun, super light and small plus huge firepower but it HURTS to shoot! Can't carry if you don't practice.

Can't say there is any gun out there that when I shoot it I don't walk way with a smilebig_smile.gif Big and small there just fun to me and when you say you don't like this or that because of a kick I bet every one of us that got a bruised shoulder walked away ear to ear smiles greedy.gif

Out of the hoard, I would have to say my WASR, M38 and any of my SKSs.

Curious why?

Well I just really like the WASR It is fun, the sks same. My M38 is really accurate and when I shoot some old Albanian it produces a giant flash. I forgot to add I love shooting my PSL too. I have semi 5.56 NATO and K31, MN's, semi 7.62 NATO, lever action, 1911's, poly frame pistol etc. The matching WASR was a military rifle and I guess it gives it some interest, it is sorta my beater AK, I used to beat my MAADI PARS.

EDIT: SHIT I THOUGHT THE THREAD SAID "GUNS YOU LIKE TO SHOOT" OHH BOY....

Edited by jdub23
  • Like 1

Think you misunderstood the thread jdub.

I was originally shocked about the SKS when you said it til I realized you listed ones you like. My SKS turned me on to semi rifles and remains a favorite

Think you misunderstood the thread jdub.

I was originally shocked about the SKS when you said it til I realized you listed ones you like. My SKS turned me on to semi rifles and remains a favorite

Thats a tough question to answer, I too was turned on by the SKS. But I never lost love for them, I still will snap one up and debubba them.

The only two guns I ever hated to shoot because they kicked like mule's were a S&W 500 revolver and an old Brit .303 Enfield Jungle carbine. I like to shoot a lot of rounds, neither of those were guns I enjoyed doing that with.wet_eyes.gif

friend of mine bear hunts with the S&W 500. i shot it once, never again very brutal.....heavy revolver on top of that.

I can list several... These are strictly MY opinion. All 3 were in good condition and very reliable, just no fun to shoot at all.

My Dad had one of the modern 9mm derringers, 2 barrels. It had about a 20 lb. trigger, barely anything to grip, and from 15 feet away I would have to aim at somebody's knees to maybe hit them in the chest.

A traditional Winchester .30-.30 lever gun. Kicked like a freakin' mule. Not enjoyable to shoot at all.

Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. The grip was "okay," esp. with the magazine extensions, but the recoil was very snappy and unpleasant.

Sig 250 sub compact 40 S&W.

Gun shot with out problems, small smooth,well balanced.

Trigger slapped my finger raw and it shot low and to the left no matter what.

Swat team in a town in MN could not make it shoot any better.

Gave it to my Brother who traded it for a Benelli M4. Everyone happy