• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 10 gauge Derringer pistol with one inch barrel.

Hate shooting my Walther G22. Feels like shooting a super soaker. I want to sell it, but for some reason my wife likes to shoot it and claimed it as hers.

An empty one

Posted Images

Out of the firearms I have shot. I did not like the S&W 500. Not so much the recoil but the fact that I had to pull the hammer back to SA just to reach the trigger comfortably(the large frame, and my short fingers did not mix well).

Out of my stable the least fun to shoot is my Remington700 in 7mm rem mag. It still gets used just not too much for fun, beats my shoulder far worse than any Mosin I own!

Out of the firearms I have shot. I did not like the S&W 500. Not so much the recoil but the fact that I had to pull the hammer back to SA just to reach the trigger comfortably(the large frame, and my short fingers did not mix well).

Out of my stable the least fun to shoot is my Remington700 in 7mm rem mag. It still gets used just not too much for fun, beats my shoulder far worse than any Mosin I own!

How far out to you shoot that thing?

My friends S&W sigma .40 sucks balls in most ways (except reliability, no jams in hundreds of rounds). It was one of those $350 dollar "first gun" pistols, I bought a ruger P95 and he bought the sigma 40 a few years ago. Needless to say, we can hit beer bottle tops with my p95 and can hardly hit an eight inch circle with his sigma.

The trigger is absolutely horrible and it beats the shit out of my hand (im a bitch). Im sure it would be alot more accurate if the trigger was not so awful. I doubly hate it because s&w could have sprung an extra three dollars and gave it an acceptable trigger, but did not.

I had the chance to shoot someone's very lightweight 50 BMG a few years ago. I think it was around 11 pounds, which is very light for a 50. It felt like Mike Tyson punched me in the shoulder. The cameraman standing off to the side said "GOD-Damn". LOL

Sorry dudes, I'm gonna have to go with...

SKS

That shit, at least the one that I had, was an unpolished turd of a rifle. I tried to like it, I really did but the jams, the ridiculous inaccuracy (I will go as far as to say re-god-damn-donculous-ly horrible) blew my mind. No it wasn't the crown, it wasn't the lands and grooves, it wasn't the sights. I tried it stock, I tried kits with it, different ammo, I tried every aftermarket mag I could find and it just absolutely sucked balls. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It ruined 7.62x39 for me to this very day.

+1 I have a Savage 7mm Rem Mag that likes to beat people up. Seems like every time I let someone shoot it, the scope bites them although it hasn't bit me yet. I only pull it out to confirm zero before hunting season as it is way too expensive to shoot just for fun.

Walther P22 & Sig Mosquito. Both very picky about ammo. When I first shot the Mosquito, it wouldn't even think about ejecting. Walther was better, but not enough to call it reliable by any means. Thankfully, neither of them were mine.

OK I am going to answer this according to the thread title...

I do not like to shoot:

Hungarian FEG PA63= bites and jars and makes the webbing and my thumb nuckle bleed.

Benelli Nova with 3.5" #4 "my turkey gun"= 2-3 shots to pattern I have a headache.

Remington 700 .270 mountain rifle= it suffers from the Walker fire controle malfunction, I almost killed my uncle taking it off safety lining it up, it was a christmas present and my first high powered rifle. It doesn't get shot and Remington is doing a low key recall on them for years now but on my dime. So it stays locked up I ain't selling that killer to anyone. The 700 with the Walker setup has killed more than a few people and Remington should be ashamed...

Thats really about it... The rest don't bother me or I just am not that interested in shooting them much.

Edited by jdub23

+1 on the Sears 20 ga break action! That pieceoshit got traded for a Ithaca model 51 featherlight 12 gauge. Best trade ever!

The only gun I really miss is my OH-58 + minigun! Had to give that back to the gubmint! Nothing like crusing the treetops and minigunning things!

Hated a little Kel Tec 380 I had years ago. It was reliable and functioned well, but the gun would dig into my palm and hurt like hell to shoot. So I traded for a J Frame Smith.

This^^^^. Same exact answer, including the trade up for a J Frame.

+1 I have a Savage 7mm Rem Mag that likes to beat people up. Seems like every time I let someone shoot it, the scope bites them although it hasn't bit me yet. I only pull it out to confirm zero before hunting season as it is way too expensive to shoot just for fun.

The first time I ever shot a 7MM Mag, it was a borrowed rifle when I went over to Montana and found out my .270 Win was off-sight. I didn't have time to sight it in before the next day, so I borrowed that spare 7MM Mag. Took a shot at a buck the next day, and it nearly broke my nose. Didn't help that I have a huge nose, and the scope was set up for our buddy's little Santa Claus-like schnoz.

Oh yeah, that was the last time that I "couldn't find the time" to boresight a rifle before going hunting. How stupid of me to think that a rifle would stay zeroed after sitting for a year in the safe.

Edited by mancat

Sorry dudes, I'm gonna have to go with...

SKS

That shit, at least the one that I had, was an unpolished turd of a rifle. I tried to like it, I really did but the jams, the ridiculous inaccuracy (I will go as far as to say re-god-damn-donculous-ly horrible) blew my mind. No it wasn't the crown, it wasn't the lands and grooves, it wasn't the sights. I tried it stock, I tried kits with it, different ammo, I tried every aftermarket mag I could find and it just absolutely sucked balls. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It ruined 7.62x39 for me to this very day.

Either I am the luckiest guy on earth, or you had a bad SKS. Mine shoots much better than the saiga x39, out to 100 yards i can keep 3 MOA (much better than I'd ever expected), and I have never had a failure. I have probably put 3-4K rounds through it and it still performs like a trooper. Mine is a type 54 chinese. Not a looker by any stretch of the imagination, but definately a performer. I would certainly trust it if I had to depend on it.

I forgot about my Mossy 835 turkey gun with 3.5". I put a Knoxx Spec Ops recoil reducing stock on it which seems to transfer the recoil to your face instead of your shoulder. Feels like Mike Tyson punching you in the face.

• Like 1

Wow man like I said I never lost love for the SKS I have a Russian and a Chinese I shot side by side one day and the grouped exactly the same. Both were luged barrels or non pined. I agree you ran into some bad luck.

How far out to you shoot that thing?
If you are referring to the 7mm Remington Magnum cartridge, I have taken several Mule Deer in the 4-500 meter range and an Elk at 6 and some change. All were ranged with a Yardage Pro 800 to determine the distance so they were not estimated.

Anything that was designed to be a shoulder fired cartridge that someone has made into a pistol. 45-70 (and some others) handguns where never meant to be. When someone ask if you want to shoot it, it is a loose / loose situation. If you don't you're a candyass if you do you're a dumbass.

post-26137-0-25307300-1368722227_thumb.jpg

I hated to shoot the father in laws LCP...just not a very fun gun to shoot at all. I got a Sig P238 and that little .380 is like a Ferrari where the LCP is like a Yugo. Yep. I hate the LCP that much. The Sig is my Summer carry. :)

Finally got to shoot my Norinco Hunter. That thing is fun as hell.

• Like 1

Anything that was designed to be a shoulder fired cartridge that someone has made into a pistol. 45-70 (and some others) handguns where never meant to be. When someone ask if you want to shoot it, it is a loose / loose situation. If you don't you're a candyass if you do you're a dumbass.

Its like a tricked out AR: intimidation factor. They do kick your ass though!

I hated to shoot the father in laws LCP...just not a very fun gun to shoot at all. I got a Sig P238 and that little .380 is like a Ferrari where the LCP is like a Yugo. Yep. I hate the LCP that much. The Sig is my Summer carry. smile.png

Finally got to shoot my Norinco Hunter. That thing is fun as hell.

I had a Colt Mustang (P238) and traded up to a Sig P938. And even the 9mm version of the P238 has less recoil than the LCP. LCP is stupid.

Ruger SP101 .357 magnum, 3 1/4" barrel , with stock grips; they provided too narrow of a gripping surface. The gun would to bite your middle finger from friction between the trigger guard and the grip. I put Pachmayr grips on it, giving a larger cushioned surface; eliminated the pinching and improved the accuracy.

I've fired numerous rounds through the M1 Garand, and find the recoil and shoulder discomfort is not enoyable, when compared to the M14. I would like to own one, however, and would certainly shoot it.

Taurus PT140 Mil pro.. My first gun... still have it for sentimental reasons, I'm first generation American and it was my first gun and the first handgun anyone in my family has owned in.. I don't even know. Maybe ever. Terrible trigger. Bad sights.

Edited by volkov
  • Like 1