Anything that was designed to be a shoulder fired cartridge that someone has made into a pistol. 45-70 (and some others) handguns where never meant to be. When someone ask if you want to shoot it, it is a loose / loose situation. If you don't you're a candyass if you do you're a dumbass.

Funny shit. My boy and I were at the LGS last week and looked at a 45-70 pistol. That thing just made me laugh. MUCH shorter barrel than the one you pictured. I told the dude at the store that it wasn't a pistol, it was a fucking rifle with the barrel and stock cut off. I'd have zero interest in shooting one. But like you said, it's a lose/lose so if I were out with the boys, I surely wouldn't puss out.

As for a gun I hate to shoot. My friends HiPoint 9mm. That thing must weigh 80 fuckin pounds.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 10 gauge Derringer pistol with one inch barrel.

Hate shooting my Walther G22. Feels like shooting a super soaker. I want to sell it, but for some reason my wife likes to shoot it and claimed it as hers.

An empty one

Posted Images

My vote is my 7mm, there is a reason you can always find a good deal on one. I also have a WWII 7.7 jap sniper rife with a steel butt plate...no only does it kick like a mule but the last box of shells I bought was 40 bucks.

Edited by sccritterkiller

I do not particularly enjoy mosin nagants. They just feel awkward and the brass butt plate doesn't help things.

Ditto SKS. When they were super cheap, they made sense to me. Now for the cost difference, get an AK that handles nicely every time.

The closest I have come to hating a gun was my uncle's stainless 9mm Tec-9. It jammed, had awful ergos,weighed a ton, was inaccurate as could be, and had a laser mount that you could move side to side .25" It also wanted to fill with gunk, and the bolt had lots of contact area to create friction with any of that gunk on. The main spring was very heavy, such that it was actually hard to cock, or use the bolt hold open. You should not have to "brace yourself" to cock a gun. I don't know the spring weight, but at the time, I did not think drawing a 75 lB bow was very difficult. So the only good thing was the looks if you were into that kind of thing and the 50 round capacity. You'd need all 50 to hit a pie plate at 50 yards.

• Like 1

I HATE shooting SAIGA-12s unless they have a factory AK Romanian or Belgian wire folder on them with grenade launcher pad. Factory Monte Carlo - they SUCK! BAD! Fuck me AND my poor, sore shoulder. Wire stock - it's ALL GOOD. Second of all is my Mossberg 590 with pistol grip and 00 Buck. Fuck me AND my poor, sore hand. Even with the POS Knox Recoil reducing POS stock, it sucks. Other than that, it's all good. Love my Glock and AR. LOVE LOVE LOVE my PLR-16 with a 100 rd C-mag.

I had a Marlin 1895g .45-70 lever gun that was nasty to my ears. It was a ported guide gun that wasn't too bad on kickin', due to the porting, but that bastard was really nasty with unplugged ears while hunting. Hell, it was pretty loud with foam ear plugs!

I have a NEF Partner Tracker II single shot 12 gauge thats carbine sized that I don't care much for it's kick. It's probably my least favorite to shoot.

For handguns anything with the Cobray or Leinad logo on it. especially the 45Colt/410 double derringer. Busted knuckles ever shot.

Long guns? The only one I HATE shooting is fire forming .375 H&H for Ackley Improved reloading. It is not the rifle it is the thought of buying $60 (1 box of 20) worth of ammo then shooting it up to reshape the brass so it will not be able to be used for it's original design. Just mentally hurts.

• Like 1

First and foremost a 7mm Egyptian Hakeem rifle that would not extract and kicked the shit out of me.

Second a POS FN AR15 that was the MOST inaccurate gun I have EVER shot ( WAY worse than my SKS) and did not feed for shit. Ruined me on ARs

Dad's German Drilling. Just too valuable to be a shooter. Plus one of the three barrels takes an odd Euro caliber, 6.5 Rimmed something-or-other.

There is something way cool about a break action that can simultaneously accept a 6.5 centerfire rifle, .22 magnum, and 12 gauge all at once! Just walk into the woods and you're ready for whatever you find...

Don't have any pics, but it looks similar to this one only with more and better engraving and a really nice scope.

post-6253-0-92633500-1368806845_thumb.jpg

post-6253-0-57283400-1368806853_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dad's German Drilling. Just too valuable to be a shooter. Plus one of the three barrels takes an odd Euro caliber, 6.5 Rimmed something-or-other.

There is something way cool about a break action that can simultaneously accept a 6.5 centerfire rifle, .22 magnum, and 12 gauge all at once! Just walk into the woods and you're ready for whatever you find...

Don't have any pics, but it looks similar to this one only with more and better engraving and a really nice scope.

attachicon.gifDrilling1.jpg

attachicon.gifDrilling2.jpg

That! Is a sweet gun.

The only two guns I ever hated to shoot because they kicked like mule's were a S&W 500 revolver and an old Brit .303 Enfield Jungle carbine. I like to shoot a lot of rounds, neither of those were guns I enjoyed doing that with.wet_eyes.gif

friend of mine bear hunts with the S&W 500. i shot it once, never again very brutal.....heavy revolver on top of that.

I traded a s 12 for a 460 awhile back and I freaking loved it!!! I shot reload 410s through it 454 and some 460 fill power loads. The 454 recoiled more, but totally manageable and a hoot to shoot!!! Very effective muzzle break. Was the long barreled model tho.

In spirit of thread, keltec pf 9, snappy and I couldn't be precise, ruger p345, shot low

i dont like shooting the COP .357magnum my buddy has one and its horrid.

horrible accuracy, what feels like 30lbs trigger pull and after shooting about 8-12 rounds my right hand was hurting so bad i no longer wanted to shoot it so i switched to my left hand.... bad mistake next day both my hands were swollen LOL

ive shot a SW500 and it was a different pain more in my wrist then anything but with the COP it feels like someone is taking a baseball bat to the web of my hand between the thumb and index finger.

1509453305.15470958.jpg

Edited by Battosaii

I just thought of the worst gun I have ever owned and fired. The Bond Arms Texas Defender Derringer .45 LC/.45ACP/.410.

Bout a .50lb+ trigger, heavy sucked to carry, very inaccurate, bad on the hand and wrist and a joke with buckshot. You would need to be a foot or two away from the perp for them to receiver all 3 .32 cal pellets. For snakes with birdshot yeah. That thing was stupid.

Edited by jdub23

i dont like shooting the COP .357magnum my buddy has one and its horrid.

horrible accuracy, what feels like 30lbs trigger pull and after shooting about 8-12 rounds my right hand was hurting so bad i no longer wanted to shoot it so i switched to my left hand.... bad mistake next day both my hands were swollen LOL

ive shot a SW500 and it was a different pain more in my wrist then anything but with the COP it feels like someone is taking a baseball bat to the web of my hand between the thumb and index finger.

1509453305.15470958.jpg

are those AOWs?

Taurus Mellinium. My hand hits the Mag release button everytime I shoot it. One shot and the mag falls out, Plus those little pistols pinch you when you put the mag in. That one didn't last long. My CZ 52 had an uncomfortable angle to the handle and rather snappy recoil. Also, .300 Win Mag rifle......no thanks.

My older but still tight and safe to shoot Charter Arms .44 special 3.5" bbl Bulldog revolver. Nasty recoil. 19 ounces emplty, 26 ounces loaded. Ouch to the hand. Worserer than a .44 mag.

Once briefly had a Mossberg 3.5 inch 12 gage magnum pump. Shot some max buckshot loads...like about 4 shots. The recoil cycled the pump gun. More Ouch! Sold it. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.png

attachicon.gifDrilling1.jpg

attachicon.gifDrilling2.jpg

My father's is similar. Fortuna-Suhl east German gun, 12 gauge x2 and 30-06. Fixed 8 power scope with special quick release mounts.

It's beyond awesome, and we don't shoot it much.

I have a Ruger P89DC that needs trigger help, and my little Taurus PT-740 Slim kicks harder than my 44 mag, so I guess those two.

I forgot about my Mossy 835 turkey gun with 3.5". I put a Knoxx Spec Ops recoil reducing stock on it which seems to transfer the recoil to your face instead of your shoulder. Feels like Mike Tyson punching you in the face.

Yeah it seems to slide right up into your face instead of back into your shoulder. I got rid of mine. big_smile.gif

I can list several... These are strictly MY opinion. All 3 were in good condition and very reliable, just no fun to shoot at all.

My Dad had one of the modern 9mm derringers, 2 barrels. It had about a 20 lb. trigger, barely anything to grip, and from 15 feet away I would have to aim at somebody's knees to maybe hit them in the chest.

A traditional Winchester .30-.30 lever gun. Kicked like a freakin' mule. Not enjoyable to shoot at all.

Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. The grip was "okay," esp. with the magazine extensions, but the recoil was very snappy and unpleasant.

Really a Winchester 30-30?! Model 94? I was hunting with one at 12 and never thought of it as uncomfortable.

• Like 1

I can list several... These are strictly MY opinion. All 3 were in good condition and very reliable, just no fun to shoot at all.

My Dad had one of the modern 9mm derringers, 2 barrels. It had about a 20 lb. trigger, barely anything to grip, and from 15 feet away I would have to aim at somebody's knees to maybe hit them in the chest.

A traditional Winchester .30-.30 lever gun. Kicked like a freakin' mule. Not enjoyable to shoot at all.

Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. The grip was "okay," esp. with the magazine extensions, but the recoil was very snappy and unpleasant.

Really a Winchester 30-30?! Model 94? I was hunting with one at 12 and never thought of it as uncomfortable.

I agree. I shot my 30-30 more than any of my other 30 cals til I traded it in. I think my Mosins kick much harder IMO.

I agree. I shot my 30-30 more than any of my other 30 cals til I traded it in. I think my Mosins kick much harder IMO.

I can't say mines a Winchester 94 but it is a 1948 Marlin 336 r.c. (first year of the model 336) and it was my great grandpas, my grandpa said it had maybe 10 shots fired through it until I got it 14 years ago. Since then maybe another 100 or so through it and its surprisingly in 96% condition even after I drug it in the woods for 4 years.

Out of the firearms I have shot. I did not like the S&W 500. Not so much the recoil but the fact that I had to pull the hammer back to SA just to reach the trigger comfortably(the large frame, and my short fingers did not mix well).

Out of my stable the least fun to shoot is my Remington700 in 7mm rem mag. It still gets used just not too much for fun, beats my shoulder far worse than any Mosin I own!

How far out to you shoot that thing?

I am assuming you are asking about the 7mm, The farthest I have it shot was 500yds, I know it has great ability as a sub 30cal magnum round(and less barrel wear than many magnum rounds), but I have to do some work to this gun and to myself to shoot it more!

Another of my old man's guns is a 7mm Remington Ultra Mag in Model 700 Sendero.

Thing is a cannon. Weighs a ton. Slays deer out to 600 yards. I shot a doe off a fencepost at 400 with it,

thing crumpled. It does wallop you.

H&R/NEF single shot in either 12 or 10GA. Those damned things recoil like a bitch. NOT fun.

I love those in 12. A sissy pad makes a big difference. A little limbsavr slip on will change your mind. I can't speak for 10GA though. Want an easy gun to shoot well and have $100? NEF 12 costs about $90 at any pawn shop, and the other $10 will buy a couple boxes of birdshot to get those critters out of your garden/chicken coop.

As much fun as it shooting it and at the same time hating every minute doing it was my buddy's Ruger 458 Lott single shot rifle. This rifle has the lightest trigger pull I've ever shot, of the five rounds I fired through it each round surprised me when it went off and I had a bruised shoulder for a week. Not really sure why he bought it though he does have some odd/expensive caliber weapons in his collection but I see no practical use for this rifle.

post-37529-0-89147600-1368879520.jpg