• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 10 gauge Derringer pistol with one inch barrel.

Hate shooting my Walther G22. Feels like shooting a super soaker. I want to sell it, but for some reason my wife likes to shoot it and claimed it as hers.

An empty one

Posted Images

I've got a Steyr Mannlicher M95 carbine that's terrible to shoot because it's uncomfortable to hold, a difficult to aim, hard-kicking, and chambered in a caliber with horrible, smelly, and corrosive ammo.

I'm also not a big fan of my .308 Saiga, which tricks me every so often--not too often, just enough to keep me coming back--into thinking it's an accurate rifle.

I've got a CZ82 that won't stop jamming, a PA63 that's disproportionately painful to shoot, and a Taurus 82 that won't hit what it's pointing at.

Edited by DrThunder88

I can list several... These are strictly MY opinion. All 3 were in good condition and very reliable, just no fun to shoot at all.

My Dad had one of the modern 9mm derringers, 2 barrels. It had about a 20 lb. trigger, barely anything to grip, and from 15 feet away I would have to aim at somebody's knees to maybe hit them in the chest.

A traditional Winchester .30-.30 lever gun. Kicked like a freakin' mule. Not enjoyable to shoot at all.

Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. The grip was "okay," esp. with the magazine extensions, but the recoil was very snappy and unpleasant.

Really a Winchester 30-30?! Model 94? I was hunting with one at 12 and never thought of it as uncomfortable.

I agree. I shot my 30-30 more than any of my other 30 cals til I traded it in. I think my Mosins kick much harder IMO.

I have a cheap Marlin 336W (thin plastic butt pad) downstairs somewhere that's a real bitch to shoot, so I'd tend to agree with the original poster. horror.gif

Edited by Gaddis
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a Steyr Mannlicher M95 carbine that's terrible to shoot because it's uncomfortable to hold, a difficult to aim, hard-kicking, and chambered in a caliber with horrible, smelly, and corrosive ammo.

I'm also not a big fan of my .308 Saiga, which tricks me every so often--not too often, just enough to keep me coming back--into thinking it's an accurate rifle.

I've got a CZ82 that won't stop jamming, a PA63 that's disproportionately painful to shoot, and a Taurus 82 that won't hit what it's pointing at.

I think the PA63 is the worst ever. It made me bleed... Feels very comfortable until you pull the trigger. With that said I bought one from J&G for $99 back in 2007 and sold it. Should have kept it.