Stock recoil spring life?

Any idea how often one should replace these?

I've got a lot of rounds down range and started to wonder, FB has them for cheap, so does T&N

I've got T&N drive block coming and I don't want to change springs if I go from low recoil to high brass rounds, so I don't think I should get a lighter spring. Suggestions?

While the factory hammer springs have known problems, SO FAR we haven't seen any problems with the factory recoil springs.

When I sold my first MKA it had well over 2K down the pipe and HUNDREDS of complete tear down/reassembly the hammer spring was the ONLY part I replaced , other than our parts,wink.png , I was MORE than pleased with how it held up.

At anywhere from 4,000 to 6,000 rounds, depending on the stock spring since there's almost 3/4" variance between one "stock" spring to another, you can expect your action to start over-running the magazine due to wear on the recoil spring. Lighter loads will still function but 3 1/4 dram stuff and higher you'll really see it. I replace mine at every 2k rounds, but then again I'm interested in complete reliability, you can probably get away with shooting more than that.

I want it to be 100% reliable and I don't know if I never noticed it or it's changed, but there's a bit of "slack" distance if that makes sense, it seems like it's weak at the end of the stroke in other words. also the resistance when I pull the bolt back increases greatly at the halfway point even with the frog lube and smoothing of the carrier it's still odd, I'm wondering if that is affecting my cycling of light loads also.