My buddy uses a DeWalt case for a reciprocating saw for his Krink. I have a laptop bag reserved for my SBR GSG5 when the stamp comes back. Another friend uses a tennis racquet bag for his SBR.

• Like 1

^ I disagree... I think it should have sponsor logos all over it! The more "obvious" it is that it's a raquet bag, the less people would even consider that it might not have a raquet in it. wink.png

Just make sure that if anyone DOES ask you a "tennis-related" question, you have at least some idea of what you're talking about...

Or just tell 'em you bought the bag for your raquet because it "looked bitchin'!" :D

Edited by Ronin38
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I get all mine from thrift shops and I have never paid more than $5 for one.

The Taylor guitar case is coyote tan, brand new and can hold a 24" bolt gun without "printing".

I have some other Tennis and Softball cases that hold a non-SBR/SBS'd Saiga-12 with folding stock.

I originally bought the Wilson tennis racket case for my Ithaca SBS, but the Draco SBR works better in in.

Macbeau...

post-1473-0-66385600-1370005983_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-73693700-1370006009_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-13697000-1370006053_thumb.jpg

post-1473-0-84121700-1370006078_thumb.jpg

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

41o2L4CQC9L._SX342_.jpg

That would work GREAT for the SBR'd AR a friend made for his daughter to compete with. She'd go NUTS!

HAHA! I wouldn't be caught dead with one...

Dude, are you kidding?

Who the hell is going to try to jack a bag like that?!?

One minor issue with instrument cases: Those that know what instruments go for might be more likely to jack the bag. My better fiddle is worth more than all my firearms put together!

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll try to get pics of my new "Get Home" rig. Keltec Sub 2000 9mm Glock model in a black Camelbak MULE. Exterior pocket holds a sub load with Glock 33 rounders. Totally inconspicuous unless I break it out and put the sub load on the waist strap. I keep it all in my vehicle to compliment my EDC weapon in case I need more to get home. Still upgrading the S2K.

I have a Condor Solo Sling pack for "Get Home" in my truck that will fit an 18" barreled H&R Single shot 12ga(broke in two) in the main compartment with my 3day kit in the rest and still have room for a couple water bottles. Eventually would like to carry an AK pistol. I'll try to avoid leaving anything high dollar in my truck, even locked.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try to get pics of my new "Get Home" rig. Keltec Sub 2000 9mm Glock model in a black Camelbak MULE. Exterior pocket holds a sub load with Glock 33 rounders. Totally inconspicuous unless I break it out and put the sub load on the waist strap. I keep it all in my vehicle to compliment my EDC weapon in case I need more to get home. Still upgrading the S2K.

I wouldn't mind having one in 9mm that took Glock mags. Lately all I've seen are .40 S&W models, or some weird 9mm model that takes Sig mags or something - not even sure why the fuck that exists.

I have one in .40. It works alright, but it's not terribly accurate.

The problem with tool and musical instrument bags is that they are stuff people are likely to steal. Ditto camera bags. I think we want something you would be carrying anyway, but no one would be interested in. A beater golf bag for longer rifles is one option. Maybe one of those bags for  cloth folding chairs? That seems about the right size and shape, common and not worth the bother of stealing.

Tennis bags would look out of place with a lot of us- even if we wore tennis skirts to match.

I have a soft guitar-backpack thing for my S12s or rifles and a few messenger bag things that would fit SBRs my dad bought a bunch of them for like a dollar on clearance. They are basically those diagonal one strap backpack things. I am pretty sure I could squeeze a 16" 10/22 with butler creek side folder in some of them.

I use a couple for range bags too. One full of pistol and shotgun ammo, and another full of rifle ammo and slugs. That way I can plan my range day around up close or far away and just grab the appropriate bag.

• Like 1

41o2L4CQC9L._SX342_.jpg

That would work GREAT for the SBR'd AR a friend made for his daughter to compete with. She'd go NUTS!

HAHA! I wouldn't be caught dead with one...

Dude, are you kidding?

Who the hell is going to try to jack a bag like that?!?

One minor issue with instrument cases:  Those that know what instruments go for might be more likely to jack the bag.  My better fiddle is worth more than all my firearms put together!

Then it is not a fiddle, it is a violin.

Well if you play hillbilly or redneck music it could be a fiddle.big_smile.gif

lolol

Very discreet.

ya lol

kick ass case, but kind of missed the point

I should get a pelican and spray paint this on it

TOTALLY NOT A CONCEALED GUN 

so maybe i need to get a hello kitty tennis bag

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...