Is there a Factory Molot 10 Round Magazine for the Vepr-12

Just wanted to know if Molot makes a Factory 10 Round Magazine for the Vepr-12 ??

They have 8 Rounders and 5 Rounders and now 4 Round Magazines? ( not sure what up with that ? )

Maybe our Russian Friends can answer this one ??

Sharky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We do have plenty of the 8 rounders in stock, and I have already made a request for the railed lower hand guard along with the GK-01 muzzle brake. All orders that were placed over the weekend have bee

10 rounders have arrived!!!     Seems like some rubbery coating to bond the factory 8+ 2 rounds together.

Just info: Rubber coating (Dupont coating) 10 Round Mags are made by MolotArms not by Molot. These are two different companies, the first one use the production of the second one. Molot are going to s

Posted Images

Yes, Molot does. It is very recent development. Molot makes 8, 4, and 2 rounders. The 5 rounders are for the US market, and are just 8 rounders chopped down. Molot uses the remnants from the US chopped mags, and glues them to the 8 rounders to make 10 rounders. You can also purchase extensions from MaxRounds. I almost purchased some MaxRounds extensions a while back, however at the time I only had Molot 5 rounders, and I am not sure they are compatible. I was surprised at how much of the spring is cut on the 5 rounders and did not want to chance it. But the MaxRound extensions supposedly work great with Molot 8 rounders.

Yes, Molot does. It is very recent development. Molot makes 8, 4, and 2 rounders. The 5 rounders are for the US market, and are just 8 rounders chopped down. Molot uses the remnants from the US chopped mags, and glues them to the 8 rounders to make 10 rounders. You can also purchase extensions from MaxRounds. I almost purchased some MaxRounds extensions a while back, however at the time I only had Molot 5 rounders, and I am not sure they are compatible. I was surprised at how much of the spring is cut on the 5 rounders and did not want to chance it. But the MaxRound extensions supposedly work great with Molot 8 rounders.

Is there a source for the MaxRound extensions in the US ??

Sharky

Is there a source for the MaxRound extensions in the US ??

Sharky

Napes, but luckily they ship international. Most places do not for things like this. Trust me, before Molot-USA started selling Vepr 12 mags I was emailing errrybody trying to get them to ship me some magazines. The shipping is not to unreasonable, especially if you buy a lot of them. Maybe someone could setup a group buy to split up shipping some. I also at one time found a promo code to take 10% off I think which made it almost free shipping if you bought enough of them.

I miss that guy here... a wealth of great information.

I know right... I'm still at a loss over the whole thing. I would jump ship but Vepr.org is even deader then here...

maxrounds.jpg

BasePad +4rds for original Molot Vepr 12, Saiga 12 magazines
IPSC approved
Shotgun Saiga 12, Molot Vepr 12 Material Hardened dural Price

50 EUR

So it looks like these will add 4 Rounds to a Factory 8 Rounder...

Edited by Sharky
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't talked to him in a few, but he tries to keep me up to date on what they are doing. I kinda miss him here too. Good guy overall,and someone I call my friend. I have no enemies here, and hope to keep it that way if I can.

I did have problems with one of my mags tonight though, but that's another thread.

I did have problems with one of my mags tonight though, but that's another thread.

ohmy.png

Yeah, it wasnt a Russian mag, but an SGM 12 rnder.

post-32793-0-40071000-1369963363_thumb.jpg

The one on the right chipped where the mag catch makes contact, and now it drops out with every shot. lol. It happend this past weekend, so Im hoping I can get it swapped out. As of right now, its useless. This is the first time I had this problem happen with my SGM mags. Kinda shitty, but it is what it is. lol

• 4 weeks later...

ohmy.png

attachicon.gifWP_20130526_001.jpg

The one on the right chipped where the mag catch makes contact, and now it drops out with every shot. lol. It happend this past weekend, so Im hoping I can get it swapped out. As of right now, its useless. This is the first time I had this problem happen with my SGM mags. Kinda shitty, but it is what it is. lol

Dang.

Welp I got me 4 of the Molot 8rds, and got 4 of the 10rd molots last night...

So I might be divesting myself of my other mags...

ohmy.png

attachicon.gifWP_20130526_001.jpg

Dang.

Welp I got me 4 of the Molot 8rds, and got 4 of the 10rd molots last night...

So I might be divesting myself of my other mags...

holy 5 benjamins for 4 mags batman, you should be set now. i just picked up a couple as well.

holy 5 benjamins for 4 mags batman, you should be set now. i just picked up a couple as well.

Well I have two Vepr-12s. One is fully built, with UBR Stock, Cut and Perm attached brake, reprofiled and polished bolt/carrier/FCG, etc, cerakoted, etc...

So I am fully vested in the system. Need mags I can trust or it's just a toy? Put some $ into it, I won't skimp on the mags.

For the folder, I made it 922r but nothing else at this point. I may end up selling it since I have so much in this other one and I am not entirely sure I want both. Later I may sell my custom one and re-custom a folder that comes in with more desirable features.

Well I have two Vepr-12s. One is fully built, with UBR Stock, Cut and Perm attached brake, reprofiled and polished bolt/carrier/FCG, etc, cerakoted, etc...

So I am fully vested in the system. Need mags I can trust or it's just a toy? Put some $ into it, I won't skimp on the mags.

For the folder, I made it 922r but nothing else at this point. I may end up selling it since I have so much in this other one and I am not entirely sure I want both. Later I may sell my custom one and re-custom a folder that comes in with more desirable features.

I can only trust my life with the Molot or izzy mags here. I put the 12 rounders away and haven't touched them since the Molot 8 rounders came in. I had two fixed tanged VEPR 12's from buds also and sold one to my buddy at 999 with 12 months to pay for it, no interest. If I were you, I would SBS it as short as possible with a folder (try to turn it into a concealable vepr 12). It's good to have multiple VEPR 12's throughout the house...

• Like 1

We have 40 units left, available to order now. If there is enough demand for these 10 round magazines, we can import more of them in the future. Thanks guys!

Well I'll be darned, I didn't even know you were a member here.

Railed gas blocks for the Vepr 12 would be a hot item right now. hint-hint

make that 38 available. just couldnt resist.

Edited by Thor's Hammer

We have 40 units left, available to order now. If there is enough demand for these 10 round magazines, we can import more of them in the future. Thanks guys!

Let's see more of the factory 10's and 8's, as well as the factory railed handguards.

BTW, thanks for bringing in the good stuff!