Is there a Factory Molot 10 Round Magazine for the Vepr-12

We do have plenty of the 8 rounders in stock, and I have already made a request for the railed lower hand guard along with the GK-01 muzzle brake. All orders that were placed over the weekend have been shipped, and the remaining orders will go out tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We do have plenty of the 8 rounders in stock, and I have already made a request for the railed lower hand guard along with the GK-01 muzzle brake. All orders that were placed over the weekend have bee

10 rounders have arrived!!!     Seems like some rubbery coating to bond the factory 8+ 2 rounds together.

Just info: Rubber coating (Dupont coating) 10 Round Mags are made by MolotArms not by Molot. These are two different companies, the first one use the production of the second one. Molot are going to s

Posted Images

We do have plenty of the 8 rounders in stock, and I have already made a request for the railed lower hand guard along with the GK-01 muzzle brake. All orders that were placed over the weekend have been shipped, and the remaining orders will go out tomorrow.

Very cool. A railed gas block would be good too!

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Don't be a stranger, we love to hear about new items in the lineup.

That is pretty much all they are. Molot 8's epoxied to the pieces they cut off of all the US 5 rounders they shipped. Each Vepr 12 shipped to US has two in the box, so they have thousands of these left over neutered mag remnants. Waste not, want not...

Edited by Muffman

For the price of one of these frankensteined Molot 10 rounders I can buy 3 SGM 12 rounders. I have ten of the SGM 12 round mags and have yet to have a problem with any of them. After seeing that pic of a Molot 10 rounder there is no way that thing is worth $119.00.

I would say the eight rounders are still the best overall quality and value of the factory mags. Legion has them $89 shipped for 8 rounds. The factory five rounders are about $50 each plus shipping from all the vendors so say $55 which averages $11 per capacity round. I have and use the SGM 10 rounders fine also, but the factory mags are more reliable and if you plan to spend the cash for factory mags at $89 the legion 8 rounders are the way to go.... Assuming you meet legal compliance and such.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have read a couple times over the years that Russian designed polymer mags are always bonded together. An ordinary polymer 74 mag (or AK-103 mag, for that matter) starts out as two halves which are bonded along the seam that you can plainly see on the back and front of the mag. It sounds like a design flaw, but I think, in practice, the glue or polymer weld, or whatever it is, is probably just as strong or stronger than any other horizon in the polymer. This is just something I have read from lurking in forums like this, it may or may not be correct.

I am not sure if a factory Vepr 8 round mag is molded in one piece or two, but it does have the same ground down seam that a 74 mag has. The gluing two halves technique might be something that was adopted to allow for the installation of the steel reinforcements, which wouldn't be necessary in a Vepr mag, but that doesn't say one way or another if they would use the same manufacturing process.

Anyway, I have two of these 10 round Vepr mags. Just looking at them, I think that they bond the polymer, grind down some ugly seams on the front and back, and then dip the mag in something like plastidip to clean up the finished product, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Edited by nexus

I am still waiting on the status of my 2 10-rounders that I sent back to due my reliability issue of not loading a full 10 rounds successfully. I will keep you updated.

I was able to send the 10-rounders back in for an exchange since they come with a warranty (Legion is very responsive). Swapped out for an original 8-rounder and a 10-rounder. Will follow up with a functionality review of the 10-rounder once it arrives.

Edited by DresNightfire

Just info: Rubber coating (Dupont coating) 10 Round Mags are made by MolotArms not by Molot. These are two different companies, the first one use the production of the second one. Molot are going to start produce Original Molot 10 Round Mag only in the close future. It will be one piece mag as their 8 rounder, not glued two piece mag.

• Like 2

Just info: Rubber coating (Dupont coating) 10 Round Mags are made by MolotArms not by Molot. These are two different companies, the first one use the production of the second one. Molot are going to start produce Original Molot 10 Round Mag only in the close future. It will be one piece mag as their 8 rounder, not glued two piece mag.

Nice to know, I'm going to wait for Molot to create the one piece 10 rounders... if they import them

Edited by MAKAK47

These 10 rounders work as well as the 5 and 8 rounders. I prefer the grip also.

Most Russian IPSC shooters now prefer to buy Molot Arms 10 Rounders than to make it themselves, - keeps time, work well, cost cheaper than buy 2 8 Round Mags for making 1 10 Round Mag.

Nice to know, I'm going to wait for Molot to create the one piece 10 rounders... if they import them

By know the Molot 10 Round press form doesn't exist, production of it in the future plans of Molot, they are 100% decided to make it, the question is only when.
  • Like 1

Most Russian IPSC shooters now prefer to buy Molot Arms 10 Rounders than to make it themselves, - keeps time, work well, cost cheaper than buy 2 8 Round Mags for making 1 10 Round Mag.

By know the Molot 10 Round press form doesn't exist, production of it in the future plans of Molot, they are 100% decided to make it, the question is only when.

I have spoken to an owner who ran two molot 8 rounders together to make 14 rounds. Do you know anyone who has done this as well?

Awesome info PZ. Wouldn't have a clue about that unless you informed me.

My presumption was they were Molot products. Would be interested in a single piece unit when it becomes available.

However, the Molot Arms 10rds are great... very happy with them... certainly my go to mags for the vepr for now.

I have spoken to an owner who ran two molot 8 rounders together to make 14 rounds. Do you know anyone who has done this as well?

Glueing 2 8 round Molot Mag is a usual practice, one of my friends glued 3 mags to one ;), and he is not unique. In Germany it is possible to buy 15 Round mag made from two 8 Round.

magazin%20molot%20vepr%2012%2015er.jpg

magazin%20molot%20vepr%2012%208%2010%201

SCHULTZE posted thread how to make compound mag from Molot like above from Germany oneself.
  • Like 1

how does that work with the springs? are they also combined or what happens?

As far as I know, they combine factory mag springs.

that mag is just.... too damn large

Combined two 8 Round mag is not too large as the following Mag made from three 8 round Molot mag.

2739028.jpg

Edited by PapaZorro

how does that work with the springs? are they also combined or what happens?

As far as I know, they combine factory mag springs.

that mag is just.... too damn large

Combined two 8 Round mag is not too large as the following Mag made from three 8 round Molot mag.

2739028.jpg

Im saying its too large because, ya know, where do you put that when not in use? It's HUGE haha

• 1 month later...