Is there a Factory Molot 10 Round Magazine for the Vepr-12

I personally like them.. its not like they are just glued together. The lower part of the mag is grooved and locked into the 8rd mag where the base plate would go. Its pretty stout I own 3 and haven't had one problem with any of them. I think everybody owns or knows someone that owns a +2 for a pistol with no complaints, same concept.. I like it works flawlessly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We do have plenty of the 8 rounders in stock, and I have already made a request for the railed lower hand guard along with the GK-01 muzzle brake. All orders that were placed over the weekend have bee

10 rounders have arrived!!!     Seems like some rubbery coating to bond the factory 8+ 2 rounds together.

Just info: Rubber coating (Dupont coating) 10 Round Mags are made by MolotArms not by Molot. These are two different companies, the first one use the production of the second one. Molot are going to s

Posted Images

I personally like them.. its not like they are just glued together. The lower part of the mag is grooved and locked into the 8rd mag where the base plate would go. Its pretty stout I own 3 and haven't had one problem with any of them. I think everybody owns or knows someone that owns a +2 for a pistol with no complaints, same concept.. I like it works flawlessly

Yeah I think it's mostly just a mental thing with me. I see no reason to doubt their quality at this point except that "in theory" they would be less durable. That doesn't mean they will be. I would probably buy some eventually were I not well stocked on 8's and I may be able to buy the 10's factory molded in the future.

Been thinking about something along the same lines of these ten rounders ever since the 5 rounders dropped in price to $20.

A single Molot 8 rounder costs $89 from LegionUSA (cheaper if you go with the 5 pack). Two Molot 5 rounders will run you $40.

Can you graft two 5 rounders to form an 8 rounder just like Molot Arms does with these 10 rounders? You would at a minimum get a spare follower and floorplate out of the process as well.

Just thinking out loud here. Tempted to give it a go since I am sitting on a bunch of Molot 5 rounders and I have never been afraid to try something different. If I am missing something here, feel free to enlighten me.

Edited by Liquidmetal

Gluing/welding two 5rd mags was a very common thing to do back when the Saiga-12 & -20 were first being imported. A had a few S-20 10rd mags made up that were 100% reliable and looked like they were factory made.

Check the Saiga12 section for details. There are some post from the 2004 on them. When the 1994-2004 ban expired, the Saigas took off. You could buy the for under $200 before the ban expired. They doubled shortly afterward. It is the main reason I got a factory folder Vepr-12. I'm not missing the boat if they freeze imports.

Edited by yellowcarbon