Single Shot NO detachable mag S-12... NY compliant.

So... in the GLORIOUS state of NY... everyone knows Saiga's by NAME are being banned as assault weapons due to the detachable magazine.

I am thinking... a thin 1/8" or so plate of steel WELDED to the bottom of the reciever means that a S-12 *MUST BE* loaded one round at a time, like a single shot. It will SELF EJECT of course... but is only a single shot firearm.

That now allows that shotgun to no longer be classified as an "assault weapon" no matter the accessories, as it is a SINGLE SHOT firearm... EXEMPT from the UNCONSTITUTIONAL S.A.F.E. Act, and NO NEED to even WORRY about registration or what have you... take it anywhere and do anything I want, at the INVONVENIENCE of merely loading EVERY round by hand...

as expensive as ammo is lately... I dont see any need to be blowing off 10 as fast as I can at nothing anyways!!! LOL!

Am I correct in this or not???

OH... First post in this thread instructing me to move, etc... gets to go FIRST!!! 032.gifwink.pngwink.png

Thoughts on my above "permanent" modifications?

Likewise... ( and this is not the proper thread for THIS discussion... ) If I were to WELD a 20 rd. preban mag into the receiver of a saiga rifle... it no longer has a detachable magazine, and it too becomes EXEMPT from the SAFE act... yes?? no? SOUNDED GOOD to me, anyways!!! laugh.png

000.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading this makes me want to cry...

I just had a thought that a gun with only one round is good for only one thing. Suicide. I'll gladly take the honor of getting bumped out of here by stating for the record that you should move out of

Yeah, I know, and I've said similar things myself. But it is also reality that despite how much something bothers you, you can't always just pick up and move. I've given the "hey just move if it comes

Posted Images

I just had a thought that a gun with only one round is good for only one thing. Suicide. I'll gladly take the honor of getting bumped out of here by stating for the record that you should move out of that Godforsaken hell hole.

• Like 4

And a stamped receiver on the lines of NODAK S12 so it is not a "Saiga"

Are you implying NoDak Spud makes a S12 receiver?

No. I am saying someone like them could and now there might be a market for it.

I am thinking more of R&R and maybe Cadiz since they both sell S12 AOWs. Yes, I know that the part that they counted as the virgin US receiver is more properly considered the front trunion, but they have shown initiative.

R&R makes carriers, there is a company selling virgin US S12 barrels (and I don't know whether Tromix is following through), those two companies have already made the trunions... R&R is a stamped receiver,a bolt, a gascblock, away from making a completely US S12. they would just need to use existing furniture, other US rear trunnion/tangs, mags, trigger group, op rod rivets, and pins, (and the barrel). It isn't that much of a stretch from that perspective. Especially since they were already toying with making the bolts.

I would be OK with parts not being compatible if they were were quality (which they would be) and represented a real improvement over existing S12 parts. Mostly thinking in terms of reducing bulk and maybe hinging the top cover. I think the reciever could be slimmer and shorter without detriment. It may as well have rail all the way down the dust cover and gas tube in one plane. This could help with licensing issues and also guns called out by name. Just make it take saiga or vepr mags from the start, and it won't be waiting on aftermarket.

• Like 2

I'm starting a program to rescue Saigas and other such weapons from commie states.

simply mail them to me and I'll hold on to them free of charge, and if your state ever wises up, you get your gun back.

Win win :D

I'm starting a program to rescue Saigas and other such weapons from commie states.

simply mail them to me and I'll hold on to them free of charge, and if your state ever wises up, you get your gun back.

Win win biggrin.png

I'd set up my own program and name it Sequester 101: "Cosmoline and a Shovel".

• Like 2

Win win biggrin.png

I'd set up my own program and name it Sequester 101: "Cosmoline and a Shovel".

That's my back up plan lol

• Like 1

I read on one of the gun forums where someone tried that with a "test gun" to see how it would work. They said it was rusted beyond belief when they dug it up after several years!

Win win biggrin.png

Got one of those guys already, and he's only 3 miles away. Thanks though.

• Like 1

ITs not so much "by name" s it is FEATURES...the DETACHABLE magazine pretty much is what KILLS any Saiga SHOTGUN in NY state... you can go to the website and run through the checklist. If I were to make it a NON detachable magazine shotgun... it can have ALL KINDS of "EVIL" features... and be perfectly LEGAL!

You gotta understand ... MOVING IS NOT an option. I LOVE my home... my great grandmother owned this property and generations of my family have grown up in this house. including me.

I also DO NOT WANT TO REGISTER ANYTHING... we ALL know where that leads... NO GUNS PERIOD.

So no guns PERIOD... or something that is (ahem, wink-wink ) "Permanently rendered to single shot" and therefore exempt... and no longer an "issue"... so to speak.

Hopefully after a few month or so, they will realize like Canada did... the ERROR of their ways, and rescind all the bullshit because it just costs WAY TOO DAMN much to try to deal with the logistics of it all... :up:

Dogman... I like ya bro... we're good. :D:up::lol:

:smoke:

Well, as stupid as it is, I would register them.

I have several nfa items......the only way to get them is to get a tax stamp.......same thing in my mind.....

Also, 99% of the firearms I own were bought new and went through a FFL.....again, someone knows what I own.

I guess the final question is, " where do I draw the line ? "

As much as I would hate to register them, it would hurt more to turn them into something they are not........IMHO......

Edited by read_the_wall

I tend to agree. Pistols are already registered in NY and always have been, not to even mention the NICS check to buy ANY firearm. (although, if I have to register any, it will be last hour)

Wouldn't it be easier to just plug up the gas ports somehow? A sleeve that goes in the gas block, or replacing the plug with a longer piece that blocks the gas? Then it would just be a manually operated repeater (via the charging handle).

• Like 1

How about that! I just removed the puck and I have a bolt operated shotgun. It does kick more. Like a bolt shotgun!

Now to get by that " Saiga name on the list" thing.....

Edited by Yeoldetool

That just sucks Indy. I do not know what I would do in your situation. I would like to say I wouldn't register them and tell the State of New York what they could do with themselves, but when faced with the reality, I think many of us would have to think long and hard about that option.

I like your permanent solution of welding a cover plate over the magwell. It's simple, conforms to the letter of the law, and allows you to keep the S12 in case it is needed in its "full glory" later on. Somehow I do not think the State of NY will consider plugging gas ports or removing the puck and plug a single shot shotgun any more than the ATF considers a 14" threaded rifle barrel with a 2.5 inch flash hider screwed on the end to be a non-sbr. At any rate, I feel for you. I do believe it is only a matter of time before the rest of us are in the same situation. Maybe not in the next year or two, but in the next ten to fifteen, it is likely we will follow Europe's lead just like we have with everything else.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

If your saiga 12 can't accept detachable magaZines, what's the point of even keeping it? Sell it and buy a pump, keep it as it is and tell them to fuck off, or send it to someone in a free state for safe keeping. I'd personally tell them to get fucked. Its sad we're having this conversation in the first place.