Single Shot NO detachable mag S-12... NY compliant.

Plug the gas ports, now it's no longer a semi-auto and you can have det. mags, folder, pistol grip.......

Racking the carrier is better then single shot loading.

Kinda my thoughts, someone needs to make a press in shot glass shaped puck/piston

It would not block the op rod from closing all the way, it would take more then just unscrewing the gas valve and dumping it out and flipping it backwards (although that might be a cool feature if legal) but would make it a bolt action for all intents.

Press in that doesn't interfere is good for bolt only and more perm

Flip able is cool cus you can swap it to use it in a legal area

Plug the gas ports, now it's no longer a semi-auto and you can have det. mags, folder, pistol grip.......

Racking the carrier is better then single shot loading.

Kinda my thoughts, someone needs to make a press in shot glass shaped puck/piston

It would not block the op rod from closing all the way, it would take more then just unscrewing the gas valve and dumping it out and flipping it backwards (although that might be a cool feature if legal) but would make it a bolt action for all intents.

Press in that doesn't interfere is good for bolt only and more perm

Flip able is cool cus you can swap it to use it in a legal area

Good solution, but it makes too much sense to be allowable! LOL

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading this makes me want to cry...

I just had a thought that a gun with only one round is good for only one thing. Suicide. I'll gladly take the honor of getting bumped out of here by stating for the record that you should move out of

Yeah, I know, and I've said similar things myself. But it is also reality that despite how much something bothers you, you can't always just pick up and move. I've given the "hey just move if it comes

Posted Images

I'm of the opinion that manual actuation (pump or slide) is less annoying than trying to reload a box mag through the receiver.

If your shotgun is a pump its not banned because of the box mag, at least as far as I read.

THIS 

. I would silver braze a sleeve into the bore of the gasblock to seal the ports off and prevent the insertion of the gas piston. This is both "permanent" and not "removable with tools from Lowe's". However it CAN be reversed without causing undue damage to the gun, if liberty prevails or you move to a free State!

• Like 1

I don't know how the law is written, but in some anti-gun states, they do things like cover the mag release button so you have to use a tool to push it.  I'm sure it is just a coincidence that a bullet works as the "tool"

So why not a gas plug that doesn't let any gas thru and can only be unscrewed with a wrench?

I don't know how the law is written, but in some anti-gun states, they do things like cover the mag release button so you have to use a tool to push it.  I'm sure it is just a coincidence that a bullet works as the "tool"

So why not a gas plug that doesn't let any gas thru and can only be unscrewed with a wrench?

Again - this would be too simple. In the big picture, they do not want solutions - they want unconditional bans!

or screwdriver, like an autoplug backed off and heavy recoil spring to not let the gun cycle. File the detent groove so you need a punch to push the detent in to remove the autoplug.

Edited by rnemhrd

I was actually thinking that it would be easy to mill a pump action conversion kit for the saiga-12. Replace the hand guard and connect to the carrier using a new gas tube.

If one wanted to be really bright, make the pump unlatch at the back of its stroke and let the bolt fly under spring load. That should improve speed by a decent amount..

Its not something I can do.. So I'll just toss out the idea.

I was actually thinking that it would be easy to mill a pump action conversion kit for the saiga-12. Replace the hand guard and connect to the carrier using a new gas tube.

If one wanted to be really bright, make the pump unlatch at the back of its stroke and let the bolt fly under spring load. That should improve speed by a decent amount..

Its not something I can do.. So I'll just toss out the idea.

There was a Romy 7.62 rifle made for the California market some years ago that was made into a pump. 

Wonder how hard it would be to mill my own receiver for a catamount fury?

Guns that are banned by name are stupid as the receiver is the gun.

Get csspec to build us a mag that you assembled into the receiver then bend a tab over inside the gun and even more bend two tabs over that overlap inside the gun an weld them together not welding anything on the gun, just making the mag impossible to remove without destroying its evil blocking features?

Make the stupid op rod easy to remove! A simple locknut or pin to keep it threaded in when using it, but leave it out or use one too short when using it as a bolt or pump gun (too short works on piston puck guns only) this would still work as a guide for the sloppy bolt carrier but not receive energy from the puck.

You could also get another recoil rod and spring assembly with a much lower spring rate if not using it as semi auto.

I do like the idea of an insert that would thread in instead of the gas plug. Block the gas port, no puck, and a pump action that hit the op rod!

I have a lathe at work and I'm going to make one! Pictures soon!

This will count as two non compliant parts removed. No piston/puck and a US made pump.

Add that with a non removable US made magazine for a total of a legal "USA made" pump action sporting AK shotgun in its most neutered form!

Zero evil features!!! Unless you an a slip on suppressor or muzzle break that uses a pinch bolt around the O.D. Of the barrel?

Realistically I'm thinking something as silly as drilling a hole in the gas knob would suffice.

Tools from lowes wouldn't fix that and all those evil gases escape without cycling.

Party time? Weld said holes shut or get a aftermarket one online.

Nothing in this law seems to cover the BATFEs constructive intent laws, and Federal and State laws are different. Nothing says you can't immobilize with something that can be replaced via replacement parts.

Another option is fixing a mag in it. Get a steel S-12 mag and weld it in. Nothing in the law tells you how much weld to add. Hell you could weld a piece on after its inserted that would prevent the mag lever from being able to move forward.

Your best options are to Fix a 10 round or less mag into the gun, or disable the gas system.

I have better tools available to me than lowes. piss on this law.

So basically when SHTF I should go to New York state as defendable grounds because you can't legally own any gun there? You can convert any semi auto gun to take a box mag with tools from lowes.

You can also convert any pump action shotgun into a semi auto shotgun with the right creativity all with supplies from lowes.

That being said, a gas valve that when its threaded in in blocks the gas port and when backed out at all purges too much gas to cycle means you would need PARTS to make it semi auto again, not just tools. Now a simple sleeve that covers that purge vent or even a thread in bolt.

That means without adding parts to your gun its not semi auto, and if being able to add parts to make it a semi auto weapon makes it illegal then a barrel blank is illegal per those standards and its not even a firearm per ATF.

Now I want to convert my mossberg 500 to take box mags and make it semi auto using a single gas port, an external recoil spring and a gas piston

Hell you could weld a piece on after its inserted that would prevent the mag lever from being able to move forward.

Your best options are to Fix a 10 round or less mag into the gun, or disable the gas system.

I was thinking of drill and taping the trigger guard and mag release. Using a small bolt to go through and nut the mag side. Red thread locker and it should be fine.  I have heard that epoxy and blind pinning mags in is fine as well. You weld a 1/4" rod from the trigger guard to the mag releace and no way it comes off. Not sure if I want to top load or strait pull gun. Make it compliant and lock it up for now and go get an old rem.1100 or 1187 to fuck with.FUAC The AKMs I'm just putting Monsterman grips on them. Featureless. Can't call it a pistol grip..

Edited by rnemhrd

Well, as stupid as it is, I would register them.

I have several nfa items......the only way to get them is to get a tax stamp.......same thing in my mind.....

Also, 99% of the firearms I own were bought new and went through a FFL.....again, someone knows what I own.

I guess the final question is, " where do I draw the line ? "

As much as I would hate to register them, it would hurt more to turn them into something they are not........IMHO......

that is not a option.in new York city all rifles had to be registered.those owners are now getting letters that they must get it out of state,make it so it does not work,turn it in to the police state.Registration leads to confiscation.

• Like 1

Well, as stupid as it is, I would register them.

I have several nfa items......the only way to get them is to get a tax stamp.......same thing in my mind.....

Also, 99% of the firearms I own were bought new and went through a FFL.....again, someone knows what I own.

I guess the final question is, " where do I draw the line ? "

As much as I would hate to register them, it would hurt more to turn them into something they are not........IMHO......

that is not a option.in new York city all rifles had to be registered.those owners are now getting letters that they must get it out of state,make it so it does not work,turn it in to the police state.Registration leads to confiscation.

you missed this from what I said

"I guess the final question is, " where do I draw the line ? "

You need to decide where you draw the line......

Me....     "Registration leads to confiscation"     leads to revolution  

MOLON LABE

Registering a saiga 12 is a moot point at the moment as Izhmash is not even listed as a manufacturer in the NY SAFE registration page for shotguns or rifles.  They do have izhevsk, russia listed I believe 

I would not know that. I haven't been to the "registration page" at all. And don't plan to.

• Like 1

you guys need to move to a new "new"  instead of new york, try new Mexico.

It is all well and good to suggest to someone to just MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE... unfortunately, I have worked too hard, and have too much invested in THIS STATE to just pack up my shit and go someplace else.

I own TWO homes in this state... one of which was the " family estate " My great grandmother owned the home, and 4 generations of my family grew up within its walls. Many family members were devastated when the house went up for sale on the market before I bought it, as they couldn't afford to pay to keep it, and the land in the family... which is a decent mount of excellent hunting property as well... They were ALL relieved when they knew it would stay within the family, when I bought it... and the best part... NOW I have ZERO DEBT on any of it!! ( and zero debt on the other property as well... )

Regardless of what firearms I own... I am not just selling off and moving out.  It is a lot more complex and sentimental than just "selling some house" like many others can do... and have done.  Like I said... its EASY to say " just pick up and move"... its an entirely different prospect when you realize the variables that make that just short of impossible.

And to be blunt... I find it very short sighted and ignorant to suggest such a thing. It to ME says... Tuck your tail, and FLEE because you have been BEATEN...

I choose to not be beaten. I choose to resist... and resist in a way that keeps me free, even if it means twisting THEIR rules, to appear subservient... while maintaining my ability to fight back when the time comes .

000.gif

In your defence, I have seen many friends and family move out of WV. Not because of any laws but because prosperity is near impossible here. I have moved for college and could not wait to get back. I have very deep roots here and there is no way in hell I would ever live anywhere else. So I understand completely, this from the guy who made the joke about the moving boxes, I thought it was funny.

I completely understand, maybe if enough people filed law suits against them. Every other gun law I've seen allows for you to keep anything you owned before the law.

California allowed pre ban magazines.

The BATF allowed pre ban machine guns.

They made perm attached magazines exhempt.

I honestly hope enough people would fight back!

It's sad that the fed government makes laws that were never the Feds place to make and then on a second token don't prevent states from making laws that are truly unconstitutional.

Tell me if you take you're gun in to LE for confiscation, are they reimbursing for time and money invested in something you WERE legally allowed to own?

Really they should be required to give you 150% of your investments for you're pain and suffering!

You're kid used "exhibit a" to kill his first ever "trophy" it was a gift from his now dead grandfather. They need to exhempt any pre-owned weapons and issue a truly sincere apology to anyone who has let go of personal belongings based on unconstitutional laws. I wish you could decline any responsibilities aka taxes to a state that doesn't uphold you're rights.

Good luck

Had to ad this:

California banned the "sales and transfer" of a lot of things including lead shot, but most of them are not illegal to own if you owned them before the laws were made

In your defence, I have seen many friends and family move out of WV. Not because of any laws but because prosperity is near impossible here. I have moved for college and could not wait to get back. I have very deep roots here and there is no way in hell I would ever live anywhere else. So I understand completely, this from the guy who made the joke about the moving boxes, I thought it was funny.

I know the feeling left the WV almost 15 years ago. I didn't sell my house or property there for many of the reasons Indy stated above. I just go back and now and visit. The WV will always be home my family settled Western VA. in the late 1780s. It's not easy to just pick up and move, and I can't say I haven't had 2nd thoughts about moving over the years, but it can be done. That's what makes this country great, we get to decide for ourselves. Good luck getting compliant or moving whichever the case may be!

One of the benefits of living here this week has been, I was able to take a chemical shower last Thursday. Yeah it itched and burned for hours and we still can't use the water, but that is just one of the joys of living here. Thing is, people here can do without water, we know how to get by without modern conveniences. Yes I miss having water and yes I disliked the chemical shower, but fuck it. To the guys in NY who can't move, I support you and one day this country will wake up. Stay strong.

you guys need to move to a new "new"  instead of new york, try new Mexico.

It is all well and good to suggest to someone to just MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE... unfortunately, I have worked too hard, and have too much invested in THIS STATE to just pack up my shit and go someplace else.

I own TWO homes in this state... one of which was the " family estate " My great grandmother owned the home, and 4 generations of my family grew up within its walls. Many family members were devastated when the house went up for sale on the market before I bought it, as they couldn't afford to pay to keep it, and the land in the family... which is a decent mount of excellent hunting property as well... They were ALL relieved when they knew it would stay within the family, when I bought it... and the best part... NOW I have ZERO DEBT on any of it!! ( and zero debt on the other property as well... )

Regardless of what firearms I own... I am not just selling off and moving out.  It is a lot more complex and sentimental than just "selling some house" like many others can do... and have done.  Like I said... its EASY to say " just pick up and move"... its an entirely different prospect when you realize the variables that make that just short of impossible.

And to be blunt... I find it very short sighted and ignorant to suggest such a thing. It to ME says... Tuck your tail, and FLEE because you have been BEATEN...

I choose to not be beaten. I choose to resist... and resist in a way that keeps me free, even if it means twisting THEIR rules, to appear subservient... while maintaining my ability to fight back when the time comes .

000.gif

you can run,but you cannot hide from the new world order.i agree with you.let them make their first move and then you can counter,just like our founders did.every gun owner must realize that the government has declared war on them weather they like it or not,and someday they will have to make a choice to surrender or fight no matter where you live.that is reality.

000.gif

Right on. The "move out of NY/CA/wherever" BS is old. Honestly, that is counter-productive. It would be more beneficial if gun-loving folks in free states moved HERE so that we could just vote all this asshats out in one shot. When we could all move to Cali and do the same there, etc. But that is entirely unrealistic, and so is simply moving for many folks.

I have a family home here in NY as well, fortunately, my wife's place in VT is available for getting my shit out of the state when the time comes. Good thing the real estate market turned to shit back in '08, otherwise we probably would have sold her place.

Another possibility that hasn't been touched on here for avoiding registration AND avoiding modifying the gun is to the disassemble banned guns. Pull the bolts and "trade" them to a friend for their parts. This way, you end up with say a stripped S12 and some AR15 parts, and your friend ends up with an AR lower, and some S12 parts. Both guns are non-functioning, won't need to be registered, and you guys can hook up at any given point to put them back together.

I would think that would be legal, and would be safer for the guns than burial. Then again, tossing a gun in a PVC tube with a ton of dessicant really ought to be enough to protect it, I'd think.

LOL... I so much remember, just about a year ago, when i asked where I could find "vast amounts of Cosmoline" and was chastised and berated for the question. I'm not digging it up, but I remember by who, too. To those, I say FUCK YOU. You DON'T have our backs!