Single Shot NO detachable mag S-12... NY compliant.

"Right on. The "move out of NY/CA/wherever" BS is old. Honestly, that is counter-productive'

.... it is reality. the commi staff (high taxes, amount of regulation, gun laws ,etc) either bothers you enough not wanted to live under it (so you move) or it does not (so you stay). only you can make that call. everything else is lying to yourself.  and if you decide to stay, it is up to you to determine what you will comply with (i.e. closing your left eye when looking at Saiga and suddenly seeing Mossberg written on it, etc) or how much you will obey state instructions that go against your belief and conscience

I am in a similar boat as you (Chicago, IL, the bastion of liberal in Midwest) and I will stay in the 'Chicagoland area' (family for me and my wife,  social circle, job) and considering moving to Indiana knowingly trading commute hours, unfamiliarity for better (perceived) freedom

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading this makes me want to cry...

I just had a thought that a gun with only one round is good for only one thing. Suicide. I'll gladly take the honor of getting bumped out of here by stating for the record that you should move out of

Yeah, I know, and I've said similar things myself. But it is also reality that despite how much something bothers you, you can't always just pick up and move. I've given the "hey just move if it comes

Posted Images

.... it is reality.

Yeah, I know, and I've said similar things myself. But it is also reality that despite how much something bothers you, you can't always just pick up and move. I've given the "hey just move if it comes down to it" speech myself at times in the past to fellow NYers at rallies over the last year, and I've had my view turned around by folks in circumstances that I had never considered that are very far removed from my own.

Consider, for a moment, a fellow that I met that has both the means, money and DESIRE to get the hell out of NY, and has wanted to even before the SAFE act was passed (tired of NY winters). But can't because of his sense of duty in taking care of his ailing parents.

I guess my point is that no matter how you want to spin people's personal desires, love of freedom, hatred of tyranny or anything else, one simple fact remains: having gun owners move out of NY is counter-productive to changing the gun laws in NY. That was my point, and nothing can take away from the obviousness of that.

• Like 3

"having gun owners move out of NY is counter-productive to changing the gun laws in NY"

I do not think we disagree. Ultimately, it is whether you believe you will win or not , and whether this is a fight you want to fight with YOUR life. If you do not think you will ever outnumber (outbreed, or outargue) the lemmings of the big cities and you DO plan to follow the rules they will pass on you , you probably do not want to live in state dominated by big cities (NY, CA, IL, etc). if you do not plan to follow their rules and think in your lifetime you will be left alone (rural IL, upstate NY,etc) , it does not matter for you. if you want to follow the rules to the letter, no matter how dumb, walking to freedom (http://walkingtofreedom.com/forum/) is available. your life to live.

• Like 1

NYC had a 21% voter turnout last election. Factor in the uneducated voters. Still 21%. A huge number of masses compared to the masses is the rest of the state, factoring in the uneducated voters.nothing_to_say.gif

I can move if I want. I own my home. I've got a good job and could get similar work in another state.I could probably keep my home here and get another in some gun friendly state. I'm not that old and I have no children. I'm choosing to stay in spite of tyranny. Staying to back up other free NYers. Staying to do what's right when it needs to be done. I feel more free than those that choose to pack up and run. You guys that run didn't make that choice, you allowed tyranny to chase you away from your home.

• Like 1

Ultimately, it is whether you believe you will win or not , and whether this is a fight you want to fight with YOUR life.

Well, we disagree here. I don't decide on which fights I take up based on ability to win, I decide what I believe is right and act accordingly. Or, at least I try to. If I lose, I lose. Won't be the first time, and won't be the last time. And I find it extraordinarily unlikely that shots will get fired over this so I doubt anyone's life is on the line. At this point, there are more free states than non-free so resorting to violence doesn't make much sense to me. That said, I can say with honesty that I value a good death over a long life. I've stared down the business end of a gun and found the ability to not flinch before. Granted, I had less to lose then, but I like to think I still have that piss and vinegar in my veins.

But, as far as the ability to win this thing in NY. Personally, I think the odds aren't all that bad. Tough? Sure. But far more folks than just gun owners are pissed at Cuomo. There are plenty of state workers in NYC who dislike how he's handled the budget, there are folks out of work who dislike how he's managed the state economy. Whether we get rid of the damned guy hinges more on the ability to focus on common interests and shared values, and our ability to downplay our differences. IF we can do that, and get behind a candidate that is willing to go to bat for all these disenfranchised folks, Cuomo is gone.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I was at herbs in Rome just a few minutes ago and they had a S20 for sale. Just got it in. $949. It is in sporter configuration, but still has a removable mag. It can take larger than 5rnd mags. What gives. Guy knew nothing of unsafe but there it sat for sale. I thought detachable mag shotty was a no go?

I thought detachable mag shotty was a no go?

Only is it's semi-automatic, which is easily remedied.

NYer's TAKE NOTE!!!!

Due to the SafeAct, I've been working on a way to "permanently modify" a Saiga shotgun to result in compliance without a totally invasive modification. One of these slipped in the GB, behind the puck, renders the gas system inactive. The spacer is intentionally made out of softer metal as to not damage an irreplaceable part. Since the gas puck can not be pushed back into the op-rod, the gun is rendered into a bolt action repeater, and is no longer semiautomatic. All gas is then either exhausted through the bore or vented through an autoplug. The part can be removed for cleaning and maintenance with snap-ring pliers, which should accommodate the SafeAct's wording of "any change that cannot be reversed through reasonable means." It is simply made from 3/4" copper pipe, split, holes drilled, measuring .460" in length. The measurement was made using an autoplug, which holds the spacer and puck tightly when the plug is bottomed out to the detent. Measurment with another type of plug may be different.

I am not going to debate what is legal and what is not. I am not a lawyer. I am not making these parts for other people, nor will I. It is a simple part that can be easily fashioned in a home shop, It can't be removed without a tool, therefore "permanent".

Testing shows absolutely no indication of failure.

post-23857-0-32146800-1394038483.jpg

Nice job on the spacer. I had something different in there to keep the puck from hitting the ops rod but like your idea better. The S20 I saw for sale in Rome NY was a fully functional semi auto shotgun with a removable mag. Brand new. Had the match striker on the side. They shouldn't be able to sell it, or it shouldn't be legal to.

Edited by rnemhrd