Seems we have the what do we look like thread and there is a very diverse community here. So... I figured it would be cool to see how each other pays the bills.

I drove truck for around 20 years. All the while running heavy equipment. Seems I have a nack for anything with a motor and levers and gears. So I think I'm a heavy equipment operating, high lift fork lifting, EX truck driver.

My office before I got laid off...

post-45134-0-27273700-1368928590_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big John!
  • Like 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I went from zero to 70 in about 48 hours. Finally back to work after five months and gonna be working around 70 hours a week. I had called this quarry to see if they were even hiring and the HR

Retired Military. Now I work Civil Service for Eglin Air Force Base working Range Support. Eglin AFB is the largest Military Reservation in North America. We are responsible for 680K acres of test

EMS     On weekends, I work as Ron Jeremy's stunt double...   Macbeau sends...  

Posted Images

What, only one tilt cylinder? Not doing it now but I've got 25,000+ hours on Cat 966, 980C and 980G FELs most with 20 yard chip buckets. Never turned one over (witnessed it more than once though) but I did have the fuel injector hard lines come loose on one once, fire suppression system didn't work so I bailed and it burnt to the ground. One of the best jobs I ever had.

• Like 2

What, only one tilt cylinder? Not doing it now but I've got 25,000+ hours on Cat 966, 980C and 980G FELs most with 20 yard chip buckets. Never turned one over (witnessed it more than once though) but I did have the fuel injector hard lines come loose on one once, fire suppression system didn't work so I bailed and it burnt to the ground. One of the best jobs I ever had.

Yeah... That was a 966G. Not sure what year, but it was a good loader. Hopefully some day I'll get another job and get to play with some of the new fangled shit with quarter steer and tiny levers.

I've been in the printing industry for more than 30 years. Though I currently run a production shop, teaching the craft is becoming more and more a part of what I do.

Edited by AA re-cvrd
  • Like 2

Carpenter by trade. Going on 19 years. From bridges to high rise towers to demolishing, framing and finishing, commercial, industrial and residential. Life was damned good during the boom until the crash. Oh shit!.... I gotta go and get a Power Ball ticket!!!

It's up to $600,000,000 !!!

Retired Military. Now I work Civil Service for Eglin Air Force Base working Range Support. Eglin AFB is the largest Military Reservation in North America. We are responsible for 680K acres of test ranges. Anything that goes bang or boom delivered by Military aircraft is tested here. We support the Test Wing for their ops as well as the 7th Special Forces Group, 6th Ranger Training Brigade, and numerous Air Force Special Operations units. Pretty cool, every day is something different. Last week we had a couple of WWII era 500 lb bombs discovered near the EOD school. They were fused so we didn't choose to move them as this particular area was a training range back in the 40's and usually the shit is hot. We ended up having to place charges on one, then pile up sand on top of it 35' high to mitigate the frag, then blow it. We dug it back up and discovered it was a high order detonation in the end. The other was blown in place as well, another live one. Fun shit! I am in the woods every day apart from the times I have to spend on our 22 miles of beach sites on the Gulf.

• Like 4

Used to be a Firefighter; then Engineeer, (driver) with a ISO Class 1 Outfit. Those were the days, my friend. We were racked and stacked, tuffed and buffed and wow...did we ever shine! Ninety percent complete boredom, nine percent utter exhaustion and one percent mortal terror. A long time ago. Later became a PM, (paramedic) with the same department, but never used it there. Ahh...the stories to be told. :)

Still later I upped to a RN-corpman and did that for quite a while. World wide stuff. Fun. Now a retarded, er, retired Old Coot who does some local volunteering; teaching and civic stuff. Trying to pass it forward. We have some incredibly good young people nowadays, let me tell you. My life has been a blessing, fur sures. No complaints. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png Sorry again I was such an ASSHOLE. . sad.png

Graphic Artist. I design logos for companies and make signs and graphics for vehicles and store fronts, and occasionally custom t-shirts.

My moniker to the left of JJ was hand drawn by me.

CARDDESIGN.jpg

leftside_zps37d617d2.jpg

MICEKLOGO.jpg

signcollageforweb.jpg

also build and pro- paint models for people

bigdaddy.jpg

GOBIE1.jpg

bettie2.jpg

WRIGHT2.jpg

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 3

As per that other thread, engineer with Toyota Motor Corp. I get to spec out, design, procure, install, and bring online the big pieces of

process equipment (as opposed to conveyors) in my area, which for me, is the Assembly shops. I go to TX, MS, KY, IN, Ontario, and Tijuana

for our plants, and sometimes to Japan. It's a fun job since I'm not attached to a plant, so I get to buy big shit, bring it in, get it rocking 100%,

then on to the next one. Had to spend a couple years in Mississippi, but I'm home now.

Long list. I get bored easy and shifted career tracks often. These days I do corporate commo, computers and networks.

The collar hasn't been used much as of late.

Hang in there, my friend. I think in the not too distant future that collar will be a highly sought after 24/7 job.

Such a diverse group. This is turning into a cool thread.

Retired Military. Now I work Civil Service for Eglin Air Force Base working Range Support. Eglin AFB is the largest Military Reservation in North America. We are responsible for 680K acres of test ranges. Anything that goes bang or boom delivered by Military aircraft is tested here. We support the Test Wing for their ops as well as the 7th Special Forces Group, 6th Ranger Training Brigade, and numerous Air Force Special Operations units. Pretty cool, every day is something different. Last week we had a couple of WWII era 500 lb bombs discovered near the EOD school. They were fused so we didn't choose to move them as this particular area was a training range back in the 40's and usually the shit is hot. We ended up having to place charges on one, then pile up sand on top of it 35' high to mitigate the frag, then blow it. We dug it back up and discovered it was a high order detonation in the end. The other was blown in place as well, another live one. Fun shit! I am in the woods every day apart from the times I have to spend on our 22 miles of beach sites on the Gulf.

I had an old family friend that was a double dipper. Very lucritive for him and the bene's were outta this world. For him at least. Thanks for your service, and don't run that second dip so far that you don't get to enjoy the fruits of you labor.

New-Terex-Mixer-Truck-Release-Image.jpg

been in one of these for 30+ yrs, got about 5-6 more left then retire. the one i drive does not have the rear tag axle. indiana (certain counties) does not require it, other states does though....something in effect to the bridge weight laws.

Edited by adjc
  • Like 1

Shirt Smith..

I don't conciser myself a Graphic Artist

(regardless of apparent success of some of the logos I have developed for myself or others)

Just a Screen Printer that can't afford an artist.

Used to run Heavy Junk in the USMC..

I've been in the printing industry for more than 30 years. Though I currently run a production shop, teaching the craft is becoming more and more a part of what I do.

I'd love to pick your brain on streamlining production...

been in one of these for 30+ yrs, got about 5-6 more left then retire. the one i drive does not have the rear tag axle. indiana (certain counties) does not require it, other states does though....something in effect to the bridge weight laws.

These front dist. spinners must be an east of the continental divide type thing. I've seen a few here, but only a few. Having the chute drip on my windshield would piss me off. Back in SD, I hauled material in for a ready mix. All of ours were rear dist. with what we call a booster axle. We even had two semi's. I can't remember for the life of me how many yards the semi's held. I felt bad for the poor messicans that had to chip them bad boys. That's a fucked up job and I don't remember ever seeing it done in the winter.

Boat Builder by day. During the summer months, I own and operate a marine racing rescue dive team.

attachicon.gifIMG_0338.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0449.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0648.JPG

attachicon.gifSean_roll_2.21151255_large.jpg

attachicon.gifSPT_6314cw.jpg

Wow!

I've been employed as a welder with the same company since I was 17. I used to fabricate motor bases for aggregate screens.

post-32852-0-43549600-1368972239_thumb.jpg

After five years of running that department, I was reassigned to building vibrating mechanism housing tubes like this one.

post-32852-0-58461100-1368972402_thumb.jpg

It's certainly nothing exciting but it funds my hobbies well.

post-32852-0-82903200-1368972281.jpg

post-32852-0-67856200-1368972310_thumb.jpg

Of course, one of the benefits of being a welder in a large shop is that I have access to the necessary equipment to make these:

post-32852-0-12372900-1368972426.jpg

post-32852-0-06542300-1368972943_thumb.jpg

post-32852-0-23042800-1368972873.jpg

Metal sculpture is far more fun than industrial fabrication, but hey- somebody's gotta keep the lights on and fun hardly ever pays the bills.

Edited by JonnyDingDongs
  • Like 2

These front dist. spinners must be an east of the continental divide type thing. I've seen a few here, but only a few. Having the chute drip on my windshield would piss me off. Back in SD, I hauled material in for a ready mix. All of ours were rear dist. with what we call a booster axle. We even had two semi's. I can't remember for the life of me how many yards the semi's held. I felt bad for the poor messicans that had to chip them bad boys. That's a fucked up job and I don't remember ever seeing it done in the winter.

Boat Builder by day. During the summer months, I own and operate a marine racing rescue dive team.

attachicon.gifIMG_0338.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0449.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0648.JPG

attachicon.gifSean_roll_2.21151255_large.jpg

attachicon.gifSPT_6314cw.jpg

Wow!

cleaning the windshield is not as bad as it used to be. there's a plate under the barrel which diverts the cement/water mix down to the back of the top of the cab. big improvement...usually clean the w/shield once a week...then it's done with a long handle brush w/a muriatic acid water mix. minimal effort required. they are very territorial, don't see them down south much either. of course the 1/4 million dollar + price tag may have something to do with it!