Anyone know when these will be shipped? I know they're taking orders right now and in a month or two I'll be placing my order. If you don't know about these, its a upper that mates to a traditional AR15 Milspec lower but operates closely to a AK rather than AR. no buffer or spring needed for cycling which means you'll have a folding stock AR if you want, piston driven, adjustable gas block, and you can change calibers/ barrels in 2 minutes via 6 bolts and a plate on the underside of the upper/handguard. They're offering a upper with 5.56 & 300 Blackout barrels for $1500 or just the 556 barrel for around $1100. They have a few different barrel length and contour choices as well.

As soon as I have the money I'll be ordering one for my Boberg billet AR lower! Hopefully they introduce a 6.5 Grendle and 7.62x39 barrel too.

ARAK21post-46357-0-26264800-1368981302_thumb.jpeg

Boberg billet lower I orderedpost-46357-0-75512900-1368981341.jpg

The complete rifle with stock and without sights/optics will be around $2000 but damn will this be one bad rifle!

Nope...I had never heard of it before your post but sounds pretty interesting. Look forward to seeing your build finished and hearing how she functioned at the range for you. Now if it came in the 6.8 SPCII chambering I would be even more interested...i'm looking to get something in that caliber for my next rifle, just not sure what yet. I was thinking of maybe getting something like an lwrc M6 or maybe try and get in on their SixEight for something piston driven. Maybe a Noveske, Wilson Combat, or DD for a DI gun or try and build the upper myself with an ARP bolt/barrel...who knows lol. As you can see I still haven't decided what way to go yet...still have more research to do. Have fun with the project...should be nice when finished.

• Like 1

lol

I'll keep my short stroke GP 7.62x39mm AR.

Not the first long stroke AR GP design I've seen. PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) makes the long stroke AR design that came before this one. They just desided to put an AK style gas block on this one.

LOL.....an AR and an AK had an oopsie in the back seat, and this is the bastard child. Me likey.

Needs a standard M4 barrel, though. That barrel looks awfully thin.

Three different barrel profiles available

LOL.....an AR and an AK had an oopsie in the back seat, and this is the bastard child. Me likey.

Which in my mind makes it more appealing, I'll give them that. It does make things interesting. I don't like that the design lifts it's upper above the standard height above the buffer tube. To me, that is one of the issues with the AK platform, cheek weld.

But I like almost everything else.

Which in my mind makes it more appealing, I'll give them that. It does make things interesting. I don't like that the design lifts it's upper above the standard height above the buffer tube. To me, that is one of the issues with the AK platform, cheek weld.

But I like almost everything else.

Could you use hk sights or Troy micros? That might fix that issue