So, as you've seen I recently got my AR and my cousin got his just a week and a half before.

We met up to fish and brought both our rifles to show one another. I gave him some ammo since he was having a hard time finding some, an extra BAD lever I had and a large bottle of lube/cleaner.

Today I log into my local forum and I see he's got his rifle for sale with my gifted stuff included. Pretty frigging irritating. I sent him a nice little message showing my displeasure in his quite rude and disrespectful behavior.

Lame, but I think time effects that. If someone gave me parts for a gun 10 years ago, I used them on that gun then sold the whole thing, that is kind of a different deal than selling those parts a month or two later.

If I were forced to sell my S12, it has a couple small parts that were machined for me by as a gift by Funked out. Those would go with the gun.

The brakes given me by tapeworm (part as a gift and mostly for testing that I messed up, and am way overdue on) would be put on the PIF thread.

Lame, but I think time effects that. If someone gave me parts for a gun 10 years ago, I used them on that gun then sold the whole thing, that is kind of a different deal than selling those parts a month or two later.

If I were forced to sell my S12, it has a couple small parts that were machined for me by as a gift by Funked out. Those would go with the gun.

The brakes given me by tapeworm (part as a gift and mostly for testing that I messed up, and am way overdue on) would be put on the PIF thread.

Totally agree.

I went fishing with him and gave him the stuff on Friday. This is Monday...

Dude,

I'd be over at his place picking up the ammo you gave him.

You have an unwritten contract that the ammo was for his use, not his profit. Fuck him and get it back.

That is a douche move.

• Like 2

Sounds like my brother. He's an arrogant prick who thinks with the wrong head.

If it was me, I would have sent him a message AND posted, "You can kindly return the items I gave you Friday if you aren't going to use them. Oh, and KISS MAY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OK, let me see if I got this straight, without him telling you he wanted your ammo, you VOLUNTEER to gave him ammo and some gun lubricate, now that he selling his rifle and the stuff that you gave him, you are irritated? you gave "gifted" him the ammo and stuff, so it's his to do whatever he wants to do with it.

here, let me help you out with that, put a period on the end of it and move on with your life.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Dude,

I'd be over at his place picking up the ammo you gave him.

You have an unwritten contract that the ammo was for his use, not his profit. Fuck him and get it back.

That is a douche move.

how much ammo did you give him?

Sounds exactly like my brother. Years ago I gave him an old chevy blazer because he needed the motor for a truck. He turned around and sold the Blazer without pulling the motor. When I stepped to him about it he said "Why is every time I get a dollar you want part of it?" I told him because it was MY Blazer he sold, that I gave it to him so he could get his truck running. I had already signed the title over to him, so I was fucked. I believe he had a buyer for it before he asked me about it "for the motor". He's always been a self centered prick like that and still is.

• Like 1

If I give someone something, they own it from then on. If they prove to be a butt hole, then they shall not receive a damn thing from then on.

^^^^^^^^^THIS.

I DO NOT LOAN SHIT....PERIOD!!! I will give something and have no expectations attached to it. Lessons of a person’s character are ongoing beaten.gif

• Like 1

This was a pretty damn short time period so I would be pissed too. I wouldn't bother asking for the shit back, but would laugh in his face should he ask for anything ever again.

That said... I don't plan on getting rid of my stuff any time soon so......... Can I have some ammo?exciting.gif

• Like 1

AA has the right of it on loans, if i loan something, its actually being given by me, no expectations. If they repay, great; if not, no big deal.

However I understand your annoyance. You gave something away because you thout the other was going to use it, not use it to sell. I am sure that tidbit was implicit to both of you. Crumby behavior to say the least.

At least you can call it a lesson, and not give anything to him again!

I'd be slightly irritated, but it was his to do with as he pleased. However, I wouldnt give him shit ever again.

^ This.

It's his to do with as he pleases. If he pleases to be a dickbag, consider that a lesson which came at the cost of some ammunition. You learned something about your cousin. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as having lost his job on Saturday, he's probably a dickbag.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • Like 2

Pyzik clearly says "I gave him some ammo since he was having a hard time finding some".

It seems to me Pyzik was trying to arm his friend short term as a friendly gesture, not pad his friend's pocket. Especially in this time when it's hard to find ammo. Basically it's not just the ammo, it's the time, inflated cost, inflated demand, scarcity, etc. that he saved his friend and the friend is like:

"Thanks yo!, now I can sell this ammo for $1.00/rd LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Total Bullshit.